Summer 2022 Transfer Window

59 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Why replace Bates;or Ramirez? Ramirez is a 3rd striker we already have 2, Bates is behind Milne in the pecking order. Lewis for sure would need replaced 

I'm not sure that is correct. I think the club were convinced that he was off to Warsaw and when it didn't happen, they would reasonably assume that his head would have been all over the place and so left him out of the squad for Celtic completely. He'll have been back training this week and I fully expect him to be on the bench for St Mirren. Whilst he's still with us and picking up a wage, it would be crazy not to get some sort of return out of him. 

But if/when he does leave, there's no question that we'll bring in some experienced cover. 

32 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Though it seems a strange one, I'd rather another position was filled first, hopefully something more later in the week. 

Not really how it works tbh.

We'll have identified players and positions we want to fill and we'd enquire about each one potentially weeks, maybe longer, ago. What order they sign in depends on a number of factors that are out of our control, i.e. the club we're dealing with, the player maybe keeping options open, visas, contract talks etc etc. 

3 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Not really how it works tbh.

We'll have identified players and positions we want to fill and we'd enquire about each one potentially weeks, maybe longer, ago. What order they sign in depends on a number of factors that are out of our control, i.e. the club we're dealing with, the player maybe keeping options open, visas, contract talks etc etc. 

Yeah I know how it works! ,? Was just saying would of been fine to have another position to be filled first, but thanks for the lesson ?

I think it's pretty obvious that the club are waiting on a decision regarding Connor Ronan, once that's done that position will be filled one way or another. 

Just now, Dandys1983 said:

Yeah I know how it works! ,? Was just saying would of been fine to have another position to be filled first, but thanks for the lesson ?

Clearly not if you're moaning about signed a midfielder before we signed someone in a different position.  I've sent your feedback to Goodwin, Cormack and Gunn for consideration though. 

Just now, StandFree1982 said:

Clearly not if you're moaning about signed a midfielder before we signed someone in a different position.  I've sent your feedback to Goodwin, Cormack and Gunn for consideration though. 

Who was moaning? All I said was be good to get another position filled first, fucking hell get off your high horse, or maybe it's a rocking horse as you sound like a bairn ?

Just now, Dandys1983 said:

Who was moaning? All I said was be good to get another position filled first, fucking hell get off your high horse, or maybe it's a rocking horse as you sound like a bairn ?

Rich coming from someone moaning about what order we sign players in ? 

Anyways, enjoy the rest of your day. Hopefully there's at least 1 signing by the end of it. 

4 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I think it's pretty obvious that the club are waiting on a decision regarding Connor Ronan, once that's done that position will be filled one way or another. 

Aye but if Morris is coming in and Watkins and McLennan are going out it does make sense. 

Gives him a few options for his 4231 with players that can play 2 of the 3 positions in the '3' as well as a third striker option when Ramirez inevitably departs. 

Then i'd expect a midfielder and another defender to come in to  finish the window 

50 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Hating a group of people doesn't equate to being wound up.

You might need a wet wipe to clean off that nose of yours though, plenty of them around here.

Just ask mini to DM  you ,then we can get a reduction in your manning posts about ITK or not 

???