Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Or there are people taking the piss knowing that half the smooth brains on here will fall for it.

There may be an element of truth in what you say but when JG said he was hopeful of a couple of signings before St Mirren match was he thinking Morris and McGrath or were other player(s) in his hopes?

As the apparent go to ITK dude your thoughts would be appreciated. 

In other words if there are other potentially imminent irons in the fire so to speak you might help the piss takers and smooth brains add a few more 1,000 posts to this thread before the window shuts.

1 minute ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Ok we didn’t accept the demands made.   So we didn’t get him.  That’s a fail. ?  If we got him it would be a pass mark.?

That's just AFC valuing a player correctly. We didn't want to overpay for him and pulled out, that's a pass mark.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
48 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

So failed to get McGrath,   Ronans a dead duck,  Morris didn’t have an engine, Bates is still in the hotel with mother.  Boyles burst.    Where’s the super signings that was supposed to get us all excited coming from.   I hope it’s not from the Mcinnes supply store at ARI. A and E. 

Give them a chance Shooftah... they'll nned more time to root around the lower leagues in England to see what option D super signings they can unearth.

8 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

A moot debate, McGrath was clearly not the player that some here were getting excited about imminently signing yesterday (and neither was it Morris)...

Well who is it or was it that all the excitement  was about.    Because it’s a thunderstorm in west hills.  And I’ve just seen kilgour the trout sailing past Aldi’s. 

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Well who is it or was it that all the excitement  was about.    Because it’s a thunderstorm in west hills.  And I’ve just seen kilgour the trout sailing past Aldi’s. 

You will have to do a helluva lot better than that piece of lame shit to pique my interest in any way.

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Tom Rogic would be class signing for anyone.

He will be wasted in Cyprus with Lennon.

I believed he would go to a superior club than that.

I doubt he would have been interested in us but that would be the signing that our fans would be happy about, we'll I most defo would have been.

Don’t know what kind of wedge he will be on over there. Would have been an excellent signing 

13 hours ago, Joe pike said:

That used to be a challenge for us.

Sign him anyway.

The endless conveyor belt of AFC signed crocks include (off the top of my head) Cobian, Byrne, Nicholson, Velicka, Hughes, May, Devlin, Hoban, McGeouch, Gallagher, Watkins...

Arguably the best injury-prone player we acquired was Simon Church. Very good goals to games ratio.

I'm sure there will be plenty of others though, not yet mentioned.?

13 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The endless conveyor belt of AFC signed crocks include (off the top of my head) Cobian, Byrne, Nicholson, Velicka, Hughes, May, Devlin, Hoban, McGeouch, Gallagher, Watkins...

Arguably the best injury-prone player we acquired was Simon Church. Very good goals to games ratio.

Paul Bernard.  £1M for 100 games across six years.  That's about 17 games a season at £10,000 a game for the transfer fee alone.

32 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Harsh on Nicholson. Contributed well. 

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Are you counting being shite as "injured"?

33 minutes ago, Roberto said:

There surely can't be alot of money in that league.

Jason Puncheon plays in the league as well.

Fucking horrible.

I don't know what the cost of living is like over there but that might be a contributing factor.

If it costs 70% of your salary to pay your bills up here but only costs 25% down there you might technically be taking home less money but with a way higher quality of life. Who knows.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The ITKers have gone all quiet today... wonder why?

Cause he failed his medical and is being assessed further supposedly. I'm not in the know just what I got msg'd, changed this morning from it's being completely off last night, I think the lad that msg'd had too many beers on his first night back hame fae offshore ?