Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I think if we get a lcb to cover scales then we don't really need another cm. Frees mccrorie up from cb cover. 

I still think we need another cm especially if Goodwin goes 4-3-3 when Barron comes back into the side and plays in a 3 alongside Ramadani and McCrorie. That would allow Polvara to go out on loan which I think would be the best thing for him at this time. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Shinniesta said:

I still think we need another cm especially if Goodwin goes 4-3-3 when Barron comes back into the side and plays in a 3 alongside Ramadani and McCrorie. That would allow Polvara to go out on loan which I think would be the best thing for him at this time. 

Hmmm, suppose it depends on who's actually going out too..mclennan/Watkins and maybe even kennedy/Bates/Ramirez too. If we signed another cm would expect polvara to go too as you say. 

5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I think if we get a lcb to cover scales then we don't really need another cm. Frees mccrorie up from cb cover. 

I'm still hoping for at least one decent marquee signing for the midfield, a proven player who will come in as first pick, hopefully Ronan. All well and good signing these unproven guys with potential but I wouldn't be filling the team with them.

6 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Bit flat that midfield no number 10, but would be idea for games where you want to sit in like we did on Sunday.

19 minutes ago, Kiriakov33 said:

Goodwin mentioned at the start of the week he was hopeful of getting 2 in before the St Mirren game.  Any chance of another one in tomorrow itk’ers ?? 

When JG talked about another 2, I’d really hoped they’d be marquee signings. Experienced players that we’d at least heard of, in amongst the flux of ‘potential’ that we hadn’t.

Nothing against against Morris, he could be brilliant. Just not what I expected or had hoped for ?

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

When JG talked about another 2, I’d really hoped they’d be marquee signings. Experienced players that we’d at least heard of, in amongst the flux of ‘potential’ that we hadn’t.

Nothing against against Morris, he could be brilliant. Just not what I expected or had hoped for ?

Cormack said club were working on 2/3 so could still be 2 more in ?

This side is screaming out for a Maddison christie type player that can make things happen, Barron McCrorie are not those players, Vicente is half way there but for me he's not a no10 bit can do a job there, I think Ronan is not happening I keep looking at Wolves fans forums and Twitter he's deffo caught their eye, though they not signed much and their fans are fuming! See what happens 

• Upvote 1

Why are people so determined to have the squad down to the bare bones? We don't want it bloated and lopsided but it's possible to go to far the other way as well.

We need competition for places and decent players on the bench. 5 wide players is absolutely fine and if a few of them can do a turn behind the striker then great.

• Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Bit flat that midfield no number 10, but would be idea for games where you want to sit in like we did on Sunday.

Yeah be interesting when Barron is fit if JG drops either McCrorie or Ramadani. If he decides to play all 3 I'd imagine he sees Barron as being the one to play as the most advanced. And if he does actually sign Ronan it would make things very interesting selection wise as he would be a certain starter. Would be a nice problem to have. 

5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I agree we could do with an established/marquee #10 but at the same time we are filling the squad with loads of wingers. They can't all play. I think we could see vinny there all season if a #10 doesnt come in.

We will get a 10 in. Goodwin has said we are deficient in that area. Signings don't always happen in the order you'd expect