Summer 2022 Transfer Window

23 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Ronan given squad number 56

Yeah just noticed that he’s been given that squad number and included in the squad for the game against Leeds 

However, it might just be until they bring on further reinforcements towards the end of August when he then becomes surplus to requirements 

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah just noticed that he’s been given that squad number and included in the squad for the game against Leeds 

However, it might just be until they bring on further reinforcements towards the end of August when he then becomes surplus to requirements 

As much as I enjoy the prospect of seeing Ronan in that phenomenal new strip of ours I think we need to move on.

What if we miss out on Plan B because we wait until the last couple of days of the window just to find out he's staying at Wolves?

Arsed with that tinpot behaviour.

Just now, 20two20 said:

As much as I enjoy the prospect of seeing Ronan in that phenomenal new strip of ours I think we need to move on.

What if we miss out on Plan B because we wait until the last couple of days of the window just to find out he's staying at Wolves?

Agree... we end up waiting until deadline day and they decide to keep him and we'll end up missing out on other targets and desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find an option to sign in his place.

Its already dragged on all Summer, time to move on to plan B.

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

From what I can find is they are away to sell a a mid and bring in a holding mid from Benfica, looks like he's going to get a chance. 

13 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Do you know something we don't? What behaviour?

6 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

think they just mean let's not be subserviant to fckin Wolves. hopefully we have some continental #10 back up plans. We've left our most important signing to last, partly I assume, because they are the hardest types of players to find. 

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

-Insert Manuel GIF here-. The hypothetical behaviour I just described.

I'm not saying that's what AFC are doing, but if it transpires further down the line that the reason we missed out on signing a player for that position is that we were hoping for Ronan only to be told no when it was all too late? That's tinpot and I'll stomp my feet and go in a huff.

Edit: Yeah, what the guy above me said in a far more concise way than I did.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

I agree we could do with an established/marquee #10 but at the same time we are filling the squad with loads of wingers. They can't all play. I think we could see vinny/barron there all season if a #10 doesnt come in.

Vinny has been playing it so far and looks better for it. I think Barron could be great in that role. Think his first game for us he was further forward. Can pick a pass, beat a man and great feet. Although his shooting could be a bit better.

However, he's also done very well in the more defensive role that Goodwin has put him in. I remember when Jim first came in he said something about Lewis Ferguson being played too far forward meaning he has less of the ball and less influence from one of your best players. I wonder if he sees Barron the same way.

Having said that, bringing in another number 10 would be great. Still need competition for that role

2 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

I'm sure Aberdeen have been well aware of what Wolves plans were long before now, not sitting to look and see what the sqauds lists are, pretty confident we have someone coming in soon ?

Agreed.

I'm quietly confident that the majority of punts are going to stay dry this season.

1 minute ago, Redmist1903 said:

To put things into context, Ryan Duncan, Liam Harvey, , Connor McClennan, etc all got a squad number for us for the season, doesn't mean they will be here by the close of the transfer window.

Thats fair enough, but i doubt there are teams out there holding on to see what decisions Aberdeen make over the next few weeks in order for Duncan, Harvey or McClennan etc to be potentially one of their most important signing of the season.

FYI and before the usual suspects jump in i'm not saying we have all our eggs in one basket holding on for Ronan, as others have said i'm hopeful we are already moving on to other targets and not waiting until the last minute in the diminishing hope of getting him.

19 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Vinny has been playing it so far and looks better for it. I think Barron could be great in that role. Think his first game for us he was further forward. Can pick a pass, beat a man and great feet. Although his shooting could be a bit better.

However, he's also done very well in the more defensive role that Goodwin has put him in. I remember when Jim first came in he said something about Lewis Ferguson being played too far forward meaning he has less of the ball and less influence from one of your best players. I wonder if he sees Barron the same way.

Having said that, bringing in another number 10 would be great. Still need competition for that role

I mean, if we really want to get some breeks dreich it would be worth pointing out that Barron hasn’t signed the contract extension and it’s not Aug 31st yet. 

20 years ago I can recall my dad complaining about us trying to sign a successful player from the English 1st division and how that reflected on the standard of Scottish football, Fast forward to us signing a Fleetwood non starter, I wonder if the reason people are so harsh when judging players is because to admit these guys can do a job for us is also to admit to the standard of our league