Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Not sure creative midfield is the area we should have been taking punts on.

After listening to ABZ, Morris definitely seems like a development player for the futue. 

Hoping Cal Roberts can bring his conference form to the SPFL. But we could have signed at least one known quantity.  

Heres me slagging of McGrath but i honestly thought we'd have better quality than him lined up. 

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

After listening to ABZ, Morris definitely seems like a development player for the futue. 

Hoping Cal Roberts can bring his conference form to the SPFL. But we could have signed at least one known quantity.  

Heres me slagging of McGrath but i honestly thought we'd have better quality than him lined up. 

He's not a no10 so I'm still waiting to see who turns up for that role. 

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye, I think we needed to finish off with a couple of “known” quantities that we can rely on, a couple of players that will help make a difference, & in positions we needed to strengthen in. 

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Hmmm…

defensive midfielder? Is that what we need? 

Seems to be the 2nd “unnecessary” signing of the week.

Not convinced we needed another winger, similarly don’t think a defensive midfielder is needed either.

A couple of attacking midfielders were needed.  

Looks like a playmaker to me rather than your typical defensive midfielder. 

If he turns out to be as good for us as Levitt was for the Jutes last season then we won't have gone far wrong. Been looking at him for a year apparently. 

Don't think we'll see a "10" come in this window now. Goodwin says he wants Barron further forward. Suspect it'll be Clarkson and tgen a CH and that'll be us for the window. 

34 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I read he was a defensive midfielder.

We’ll just have to wait & see.

I’m all for signing young players, but I think there’s a danger we’re signing too many “projects” & not enough known quality. 

We've gone from too many 30+ players last season to mostly under 25s.

I don't want to go full Alan Hansen and "you can't win anything with kids" but I'd feel more comfortable with a couple more players in the 27 - 30 bracket who know the Scottish game 

Be interesting to know what the average age of the squad is this year compared to last.

The 11 signings will probably never play together as a team but it's interesting to compare them to 11 that Goodwin decided to let go.

New boys:

Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales Coulson. 
              Clarkson, Ramadani. 
        Morris.   Roberts.     Duk.  
                     Miovski 

Old boys:

Woods

Ramsay, Gallacher, Devlin, Considine. 
              Brown, McGeouch 
         Ojo,   Ferguson, Jenks 
                       Ruth

56 minutes ago, starryfish said:

We shouldn’t be signing anyone on loan if they aren’t going to be a starter. Use our own youth team players to fill the bench.

Bit of a catch 22. If its a bench filler surely better to loan a Liverpool one to sit on our bench and hopefully our youngster goes out on loan and plays for experience?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

Does anyone else get the feeling Barron is away now with all the midfielders joining?

No reason to think so.

We released about 42 midfielders at the end of last season and I think we have signed 1 who plays in Barron's preferred position? 

Most of the signings are wide players/attackers which we need given how shite the options we had there last year were.