Summer 2022 Transfer Window

26 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I'd think Barron is competing with Ramadani and McCrorie for CM and also maybe with Vinny for AM behind the Centre Forward but that's what we want. We can't expect to go all season with just 1 player in each position.

Polvara is behind Barron imo and the others are wingers/wide forwards so not really competing with Barron directly.

Aye. 

Injuries, suspensions, loss of form and the use of different formations requiring more than a fixed 11 players seem to be concepts lost on some. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

Injuries, suspensions, loss of form and the use of different formations requiring more than a fixed 11 players seem to be concepts lost on some. 

Aye, and they'll probably trot out the "tombola" and "Goodwin doesn't know his best eleven" cliches  beloved by the clueless at the earliest opportunity 

8 minutes ago, redone said:

Aye, and they'll probably trot out the "tombola" and "Goodwin doesn't know his best eleven" cliches  beloved by the clueless at the earliest opportunity 

It’s great having options. Ronan (JTD says it’s still possible and he’s clearly the most ITK poster on here) or someone similar and a CB/RB and we’re ready to go. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Good. Hope he's more up for it than Longstaff was as he's certainly got ability. 

Suspect we loaned this guy in once Ronan was named in the Wolves squad? 

Aye, this knocks any deal for Ronan firmly on the head. Sounds like he’s a carbon copy of Barron, so will be interesting to see what happens there come September when the latter returns 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Good. Hope he's more up for it than Longstaff was as he's certainly got ability. 

Suspect we loaned this guy in once Ronan was named in the Wolves squad? 

Possibly. Although if Ronan misses out on Wolves' 25 man squad I still think JG will try and bring him here. Hopefully Clarkson will be a lot more like Maddison than Longstaff.

We have finally signed a player this summer who has started a Champions League game and for a club that has won it 6 times ?

You're better than that Betty.

There's so many things people keep quoting from JG all the time - I don't really get the pedantry over these sound bites myself.

"he said we'd have 22 players" is another one I see mentioned. As if it's a fucking mantra for the club and we will be forced to offload players to keep it at exactly 22 at all times.

4 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

Possibly. Although if Ronan misses out on Wolves' 25 man squad I still think JG will try and bring him here. Hopefully Clarkson will be a lot more like Maddison than Longstaff.

We have finally signed a player this summer who has started a Champions League game and for a club that has won it 6 times ?

I'm hoping Clarkson is able to play in the AM role/behind the striker or is he another option for the CM 2?

2 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I'm hoping Clarkson is able to play in the AM role/behind the striker or is he another option for the CM 2?

From the clips I've seen and what I've heard of him he's a more deep lying midfielder. He can certainly pick a pass and looks very composed. Not sure if he would excel in AM.

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

You're better than that Betty.

There's so many things people keep quoting from JG all the time - I don't really get the pedantry over these sound bites myself.

"he said we'd have 22 players" is another one I see mentioned. As if it's a fucking mantra for the club and we will be forced to offload players to keep it at exactly 22 at all times.

22 players, 2 for every position........

We must have about eighty midfielders now; one right back who hasn't looked great defensivly, one left back who has still to prove his credentials, one left sided centre half who can't play v Celtic.

Looks a tad lop sided to me, and the majority of these new players are totally unproven at our level.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

22 players, 2 for every position........

We must have about eighty midfielders now; one right back who hasn't looked great defensivly, one left back who has still to prove his credentials, one left sided centre half who can't play v Celtic.

Looks a tad lop sided to me

Another defender would be handy, aye. 

51 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Think Barron is earmarked for the AM role and Clarkson will fill the position Barron played last season picking the ball up deep and getting it forward

33 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Well we can finally but any lingering pish about Boyle to bed. Confirmed by both Hibs and the Saudi's he's heading back. 

Big signing for Hibs, where's our big Signing Dave? Won't win nothing with a team full of potential if they don't fulfill it, hopefully they all do ?

how today pans out will give me a good idea of how the seasons going to go,St Mirren will be a stubborn side just like when Robinson was at Motherwell, tough test tbh! In the league cup we got better each game hopefully we can continue that today.

13 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Where's Ramadani and McCrorie playing then? ? Only 2 deep 1 AM. Can't see either of them warming the bench ?

We were bemoaning the fact that Celtic had options on the bench last weekend that were not much of a drop off (if any) compared to those who they replaced. 

Do we not want to have competition for places? Or would we rather bring on a useless cunt just so we don't upset anyone who might think they are 'first' choice? 

9 minutes ago, Dundeedon said:

A good signing to get the fans buzzing. There's a novel idea...

I'm happy with most of our signings tbh. Boyle going back to Hibs probably hasn't cost anywhere near what some people think. Al Faisaly still had to pay Hibs a fair chunk of cash. Much easier for them to sign him than anybody else. They'll be paying him a massive wage aswell by their standards i'd imagine. 

For all we know we still a big signing to make. 

• Haha 1
27 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Where's Ramadani and McCrorie playing then? ? Only 2 deep 1 AM. Can't see either of them warming the bench ?

McCrorie will also be cover CB and RB so will get games there. For the first time in years Aberdeen actually have squad depth to rotate and players will be aware that any drop in form will see them benched which bodes well for the season ahead

9 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

McCrorie will also be cover CB and RB so will get games there. For the first time in years Aberdeen actually have squad depth to rotate and players will be aware that any drop in form will see them benched which bodes well for the season ahead

McCrorie worst position is RB keep him away from there?, he was awful  anytime I've seen him there and is a midfielder and a bloody good one at that!  but for me him and Barron are my first 2 names on the team sheet followed by Stewart & Scales, I'd say every other name isn't guaranteed a start, certainly more depth than I've seen for a while? 

Updated my squad from earlier in the window, not saying the first name is the first choice but does show the depth now, can see a RB coming in at some point imo, I've left out CR99 Watkins etc not sure about Bates etc bit I think they are almost there now, when you look at it do we need another CM? spacer.png

33 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'm happy with most of our signings tbh. Boyle going back to Hibs probably hasn't cost anywhere near what some people think. Al Faisaly still had to pay Hibs a fair chunk of cash. Much easier for them to sign him than anybody else. They'll be paying him a massive wage aswell by their standards i'd imagine. 

For all we know we still a big signing to make. 

Hibs had a buy back clause on Boyle. Was for the same amount they sold him for which made up of 2/3 separate payments. So was maybe £1m a year for the duration of his contract. Seen as he's been away for a year, Hibs would have to pay the £1m they received and the £2m due would cover the rest required to buy him back. Boyle was due for a 50% pay cut after relegation on his £20k pw, so if that American lad Mueller was on £10k pw then would be reasonable to think Hibs be paying Boyle that and he's not any worse off coming back to them.

Also not sure if it's Saudi or another Arab country I'm thinking of, but on £20k pw he would be paying around 65% of that on taxes. Here it's 50%?

13 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Hibs had a buy back clause on Boyle. Was for the same amount they sold him for which made up of 2/3 separate payments. So was maybe £1m a year for the duration of his contract. Seen as he's been away for a year, Hibs would have to pay the £1m they received and the £2m due would cover the rest required to buy him back. Boyle was due for a 50% pay cut after relegation on his £20k pw, so if that American lad Mueller was on £10k pw then would be reasonable to think Hibs be paying Boyle that and he's not any worse off coming back to them.

Also not sure if it's Saudi or another Arab country I'm thinking of, but on £20k pw he would be paying around 65% of that on taxes. Here it's 50%?

Saudi is tax free no?