Summer 2022 Transfer Window

13 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Hibs had a buy back clause on Boyle. Was for the same amount they sold him for which made up of 2/3 separate payments. So was maybe £1m a year for the duration of his contract. Seen as he's been away for a year, Hibs would have to pay the £1m they received and the £2m due would cover the rest required to buy him back. Boyle was due for a 50% pay cut after relegation on his £20k pw, so if that American lad Mueller was on £10k pw then would be reasonable to think Hibs be paying Boyle that and he's not any worse off coming back to them.

Also not sure if it's Saudi or another Arab country I'm thinking of, but on £20k pw he would be paying around 65% of that on taxes. Here it's 50%?

Saudi is tax free no? 

45 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

McCrorie worst position is RB keep him away from there?, he was awful  anytime I've seen him there and is a midfielder and a bloody good one at that!  but for me him and Barron are my first 2 names on the team sheet followed by Stewart & Scales, I'd say every other name isn't guaranteed a start, certainly more depth than I've seen for a while? 

Maybe his worst but he wasn’t terrible and with only one RB currently at the club McCrorie is back up.

3 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

22 players, 2 for every position........

We must have about eighty midfielders now; one right back who hasn't looked great defensivly, one left back who has still to prove his credentials, one left sided centre half who can't play v Celtic.

Looks a tad lop sided to me, and the majority of these new players are totally unproven at our level.

We've 5 midfielders now including the new signing? 6 if we count Milne.

McCrorie and Milne can both play in defensive areas as well and potentially Barron could be used in the AM slot.

Seems about right to me.

2 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

Barron for Scales plus cash doesn’t quite seem as poor a deal as it sounded before the season began.

Not saying this will or should happen, more of a comment on how impressive Scales looks so far.

as much as i dont want him to go to the arse cheeks if we can get Scales full time im not against this now

not short of players in this position & if we can get a quality defender in his place im not going to too upset about it

3 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

as much as i dont want him to go to the arse cheeks if we can get Scales full time im not against this now

not short of players in this position & if we can get a quality defender in his place im not going to too upset about it

Thing is, Barron wouldn’t get a look in at the Celtic first team just now. They’d probably put him back out on loan…even to us (given that we’re their feeder club ?)

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

Two more signings please Dave. Right back and LCB. 

I can see us bringing 2 in for those positions but really need to move a few out to do it imo.

Bates and Ramirez or Watkins.

Edit to add it won't necessarily be easy to move them on so we might have to be patient on the rebuild being completed.

15 minutes ago, Helmet said:

I can see us bringing 2 in for those positions but really need to move a few out to do it imo.

Bates and Ramirez or Watkins.

Edit to add it won't necessarily be easy to move them on so we might have to be patient on the rebuild being completed.

Can't see Ramirez going now since the MLS window is shut. He'll hang on and head back stateside at the end of the season. 

In terms of players leaving i think we'll see McLennan, Watkins and Bates all leave permanently. Polvara will go out on loan. Somewhere like an Inverness or the likes wouldn't be a bad shout for him. I know Goodwin said Duncan will stay until Jan but i think he may be loaned out now. Is he going to get sufficient minutes when he's behind Besuijen, Hayes, Roberts, Morris, Duk etc? Can't see it. 

If we can bin Watkins, Bates and McLennan i tgink we'll sign another left sided centre half and  perhaps another loanee full back. Right sided preferably but fuck knows how long Coulson is out for. Goodwin didn't seem to chipper when asked about it. That may force him to look for a left back. 

It's funny how there is plenty chat about how we fit the team together but in reality there is so few weeks in the year where we are missing no players.

Now missing Coulson, Mackenzie, Morris, Roberts and Barron which is on the excessive side but you'd expect 2-3 to miss every game

49 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It's funny how there is plenty chat about how we fit the team together but in reality there is so few weeks in the year where we are missing no players.

Now missing Coulson, Mackenzie, Morris, Roberts and Barron which is on the excessive side but you'd expect 2-3 to miss every game

Aye. 2 left backs, 2 wingers and a central midfielder. Exactly the positions some folk thought we had too many players 

I see Goodwin brining up the 22 players thing again in his comments and saying we'll probably move a couple on. We are on 25.

The obvious candidates to go would seem like Bates, McLennan and Watkins.

Outside shouts for Lewis, Ramirez, Polvara (loan) and Duncan (loan)

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I see Goodwin brining up the 22 players thing again in his comments and saying we'll probably move a couple on. We are on 25.

Bates & McLennan not getting in the match 20.

And Watkins barely played in the League Cup & no minutes in the last 2 league games.

Only Bates would need replaced. 

To finish off the squad ideally we need a left centre half & an out & out “no10” maybe and then we have all bases covered? 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

And Watkins barely played in the League Cup & no minutes in the last 2 league games.

To finish off the squad ideally we need a left centre half & an out & out “no10” maybe and then we have all bases covered? 

I’d prefer to have a right back as competition/cover for Richardson. Not McCrorie. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I'm amazed McLennan is still here.  Watkins can go too without any fanfare but we'll need another defender in when Bates moves.

Lewis will stay until next summer at least

Ramirez will stay until the next US window, maybe even until his contract ends

I wasn't convinced before that Polvara would head out on load, but Clarkson's arrival and excellent first impression makes it more likely

Duncan will stay, especially if Roberts and/or Morris aren't fit/ready.  May well go out on loan in January if he's not getting much game time 

Harvey will go out on loan

Shirt numbers 6 & 7 are still both available, if anyone fancies reading anything into that

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

8 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

I’d prefer to have a right back as competition/cover for Richardson. Not McCrorie. 

I know everyone on here hates a squad player but i'd say it would ideally be a defender that plays everywhere across the back and can fill in everywhere. 

9 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think he's decided that Besuijen will be his '10'.  Hiding in plain sight, he was wearing that number all along.