Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I know everyone on here hates a squad player but i'd say it would ideally be a defender that plays everywhere across the back and can fill in everywhere. 

Really? I’d imagine most people appreciate the importance of having squad players who can challenge for a first team place? 

Finding a player who is good across the whole back four could be challenging. 

6 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

Really? I’d imagine most people appreciate the importance of having squad players who can challenge for a first team place? 

Finding a player who is good across the whole back four could be challenging. 

RB cover for me, I think that's why McClennan isn't gone yet, he's only here incase Richardson gets injured well that was mentioned at match yesterday? I think Hancock will be a Left Side Cente back starter or cover next season depending on his loan spell and Scales. Interesting that 6 and 7 are free but tbh I'd not read much into it, think there will be players leaving before we see any more. 

Somebody onntwitter saying Goodwin has confirmed he wants 1 more signing and for that player to be a creative midfielder. Fuck knows where he plans to play him especially when Barron is fit. 

I'd say we need defensive cover especially if Bates leaves. But he might be thinking that while he's still here he'll provide the cover and he's maybe happy enough to give Milne minutes if needed and McCrorie can also cover there and maybe MacKenzie is close to returning aswell. 

The only way i'd be signing another crearive midfielder is if Polvara went out on loan and Watkins left. Both odds on to happen right enough. 

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Somebody onntwitter saying Goodwin has confirmed he wants 1 more signing and for that player to be a creative midfielder. Fuck knows where he plans to play him especially when Barron is fit. 

I'd say we need defensive cover especially if Bates leaves. But he might be thinking that while he's still here he'll provide the cover and he's maybe happy enough to give Milne minutes if needed and McCrorie can also cover there and maybe MacKenzie is close to returning aswell. 

The only way i'd be signing another crearive midfielder is if Polvara went out on loan and Watkins left. Both odds on to happen right enough. 

Looks like McCrorie is the cover at the back then. 

I've no problem getting another creative midfielder in, the more the merrier. Can never have too many good players.  We need to be relentless against these agricultural teams in our league. 

19 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I think if Bates leaves Goodwin will bring in one more defender on top of the creative midfielder he still wants. I expect McLennan and Watkins will leave before the end of the window. 

5 minutes ago, Shinniesta said:

I think if Bates leaves Goodwin will bring in one more defender on top of the creative midfielder he still wants. I expect McLennan and Watkins will leave before the end of the window. 

Aye i think Watkins, Bates and McLennan will all leave. One of Gunn and Goodwin's biggest challenges will be finding a club stupid enough to take McLennan ?

21 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Looks like McCrorie is the cover at the back then. 

I've no problem getting another creative midfielder in, the more the merrier. Can never have too many good players.  We need to be relentless against these agricultural teams in our league. 

I suppose it depends on who it is and whether it's a loan or petmanent. I know the boy Clarkson has literally only arrived but going by yesterday it'll be difficult to drop him. There's still Barron to come back. If the creative midfielder was an actual "10" then i'd be happy enough because i still think it's a void we've not filled. I jjst hope it now doesn't turn out to be Ronan because Clarkson showed yesterday he can do that role for us. 

3 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Aye i think Watkins, Bates and McLennan will all leave. One of Gunn and Goodwin's biggest challenges will be finding a club stupid enough to take McLennan ?

Kilmarnock, we all know thier Hun DMC cunt managers lazy scouting , and his  liking for his previous players 

4 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Agree, having 5 good quality subs to use will change games with this new sub rule. Having quality depth would give us an advantage over Hearts, Hibs and United. 

33 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Rumour I've heard is Barron won't sign a new deal? Anyone heard anything on this? Gutted if true!!?

Seems likely as I might have expected him to sign if he was keen 

head obviously turned by his agent and the hype 

at least we might get a season from him however he appears to have some serious competition in Clarkson 

2 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Seems likely as I might have expected him to sign if he was keen 

head obviously turned by his agent and the hype 

at least we might get a season from him however he appears to have some serious competition in Clarkson 

Will probably get sold pretty quickly if he doesn't sign an extension 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Rumour I've heard is Barron won't sign a new deal? Anyone heard anything on this? Gutted if true!!?

On the upside, if he doesn't, no more Frankie for a whole year....

And I also agree about offering him to Timothy. £3m plus Scales would be a good bit of business

• Upvote 2
Just now, Tord31 said:

I think Goodwin is probably pulling the leg with the one more signing chat.

Its hard to believe he'll leave himself with only Stewart, Milne and McCrorie as centre halfs for Celtic games knowing an injury or suspension is leaving us with no options

Bates hasn't left....

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Bates hasn't left....

Absolutely. So Milne will be blooded, Bates will get a second life or Bates will move on and be replaced.

We surely wont go on with putting McCrorie in to defence in the majority of games (4 out of 6 so far)