Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Think club will be looking for a 4 yr deal to 2026 and have in mind he stays for 2 years from here

Can’t see it.

Best we can hope for is a 12 month extension, on improved terms. So a new 3 year contract effectively. 

That way, at the end of the current season, he’d still have 2 years left. 
We sell him next summer for a chunky fee, or say to Celtic, give us Scales & “X” on top. 

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Can’t see it.

Best we can hope for is a 12 month extension, on improved terms. So a new 3 year contract effectively. 

That way, at the end of the current season, he’d still have 2 years left. 
We sell him next summer for a chunky fee, or say to Celtic, give us Scales & “X” on top. 

Can't see it is probably why there is no deal yet.

The club will push for a four year deal for longer yet and probably offering parity with some of the older players.

Why would the club offer that wage rise for a 3 year deal? We can still sell in January or next summer with the two year deal.

17 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Can't see it is probably why there is no deal yet.

The club will push for a four year deal for longer yet and probably offering parity with some of the older players.

Why would the club offer that wage rise for a 3 year deal? We can still sell in January or next summer with the two year deal.

Because this time NEXT year he’ll only have one year to go on his current deal.

I noticed this morning that Wolves are hoping to seal deals for Nico Gonzalez from Barca and Goncalo Guedes from Valencia in the next few days.

If its correct that JG still wants Ronan, and Wolves were waiting to get players in the door before they could let him depart, it could be the case that those people who are posting about having concerns as to how JG is going to fit everyone into his midfield might have another player still to still throw into that mix.   

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I noticed this morning that Wolves are hoping to seal deals for Nico Gonzalez from Barca and Goncalo Guedes from Valencia in the next few days.

If its correct that JG still wants Ronan, and Wolves were waiting to get players in the door before they could let him depart, it could be the case that those people who are posting about having concerns as to how JG is going to fit everyone into his midfield might have another player still to still throw into that mix.   

Another 2 non home grown players, that shows that he’s staying otherwise they would be buying British based players to fulfil that criteria 

Goodwin is about to make the same naive mistake as Glass did, leaving us too short at the back. 

We need at least another CB. If Coulson is out for a long period of time then it most likely means Scales moves over to left back & Mcrorie comes in at CB. Accepting that who IMO is our best CM ios going to have to play in CB because we don't have enough defenders, whilst the transfer window is open may I add, would just be plain stupid.

As I said, Glass left us short at the back and we all know how that turned out, even if it was just part of the problem. 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, C'monEweReds said:

Goodwin is about to make the same naive mistake as Glass did, leaving us too short at the back. 

We need at least another CB. If Coulson is out for a long period of time then it most likely means Scales moves over to left back & Mcrorie comes in at CB. Accepting that who IMO is our best CM ios going to have to play in CB because we don't have enough defenders, whilst the transfer window is open may I add, would just be plain stupid.

As I said, Glass left us short at the back and we all know how that turned out, even if it was just part of the problem. 

Your bedsheets must be droochit

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is Ronan a '10' or is he another one of the same ilk as Barron and Clarkson? 

We've got two defensive midfielders, 2 playmakers and Polvara on top. 

I'd like to see the final midfielder being more of a Christie type, someone comfortable to play between the lines of midfield and attack. 

Nae chance, he’s ginger for a start. I’d give him a 6. 

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, C'monEweReds said:

We've got Stewart, Milne, McCrorie, Scales and still have Bates who could all play CB if required.  The Bates deal falling through has probably scuppered plans to bring someone else in.

Now down to "one more in and a couple (at least) to depart".

Names?

Goodwin said: “The squad is probably a little big now for my liking.

“I like to carry 22 players, including a couple of young ones. We have that just now with Jack Milne and Ryan Duncan.

“Before the window shuts, I would anticipate a couple at least to go out.

“There are one or two who are frustrated with the lack of game time as you can imagine.

“That is totally understandable. Those conversations have been had.

“I still want another one in as well.

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Watkins, McLennan, bates sold

scales deal made permanent 

barron new 4 year deal signed

New CB bought Cover but decent quality 

New Star CAM bought in

league winner

Football fans are greedy aren't we?

The club have pulled off a remarkable overhaul of the squad and yet we're all hoping for a bit more and a bit more until we hit perfection.

If we managed what you've listed above we'll have pulled off surely the greatest transfer window in the history of Scottish football.

59 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

Dont think one window will complete the transformation but lot of progress has been made... how bad was last year - 10 league wins.

The mess we were in you'd probably expect 3 windows to set everything straight going by our typical performance. Huge progress made.