2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Watkins, McLennan, bates sold

scales deal made permanent 

barron new 4 year deal signed

New CB bought Cover but decent quality 

New Star CAM bought in

league winner

Football fans are greedy aren't we?

The club have pulled off a remarkable overhaul of the squad and yet we're all hoping for a bit more and a bit more until we hit perfection.

If we managed what you've listed above we'll have pulled off surely the greatest transfer window in the history of Scottish football.

59 minutes ago, Donscanada said:

Dont think one window will complete the transformation but lot of progress has been made... how bad was last year - 10 league wins.

The mess we were in you'd probably expect 3 windows to set everything straight going by our typical performance. Huge progress made.

2 hours ago, Helmet said:
2 hours ago, Helmet said:

Football fans are greedy aren't we?

The club have pulled off a remarkable overhaul of the squad and yet we're all hoping for a bit more and a bit more until we hit perfection.

If we managed what you've listed above we'll have pulled off surely the greatest transfer window in the history of Scottish football.

Huge progress made.

I hope your right but so far we’ve only pumped a 10 man St Mirren. The proof will be after a round of fixtures against all the teams in regards to progress. I thought early on St Mirren crafted a few decent/half chances far too easily at the weekend. Time will tell if the team has the right balance tactically. 

8 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I hope your right but so far we’ve only pumped a 10 man St Mirren. The proof will be after a round of fixtures against all the teams in regards to progress. I thought early on St Mirren crafted a few decent/half chances far too easily at the weekend. Time will tell if the team has the right balance tactically. 

Of course but I'm talking about the depth of rebuild completed and the apparent quality of the replacements that have come in- the club have done really well on that so far.

15 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Watkins, McLennan, bates sold

scales deal made permanent 

barron new 4 year deal signed

New CB bought Cover but decent quality 

New Star CAM bought in

league winner

McLennan will be let go rather than sold surely - probably off to Cove, Dundee, Peterhead type club.

Watkins likely move back down south and doubt we'll be hard to deal with to get him off the wage bill.

Bates might be more difficult to shift, but again I think we'll accept pretty much any offer to get him off the books and allow us to bring in another, more useful defender.

I think we'll bring in another defender, but can't see us signing another attacking midfielder now. We've got quite a bit of cover there - the no10 role is made for Besoujin who's been excellent so far. Goodwin also said he may use Barron in that more advanced role. Clarkson looks like he could possibly play there if needed too. We've also got Roberts, Kennedy and Duncan who can play there. Think the boy Morris is more of a winger, but the likes of him, or Lopez could play alongside Miovski in more of a 442 in some games rather than 4231. 

6 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Watkins 

McLennan

Bates 

and dare I say Hayes, all surely candidates for departure. Johnny probably stats because if his versatility and no doubt at least two youngsters go on loan. In an ideal world Bates stays, finds his confidence and fights for a shirt. Can’t see it though. 

Can't see Hayes going... he's played in every game under Goodwin bar one. Goodwin clearly likes him.

• Upvote 2
16 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Watkins 

McLennan

Bates 

and dare I say Hayes, all surely candidates for departure. Johnny probably stats because if his versatility and no doubt at least two youngsters go on loan. In an ideal world Bates stays, finds his confidence and fights for a shirt. Can’t see it though. 

Hayes has played every game so far, can fill in a few positions, fit as a butcher's dog.  He also coaches one of the youth groups and the club is putting him through his coaching badges.  He'll probably be here after he hangs up his boots.

• Upvote 5

Getting Watkins out the door without a pay-off would be a bit of a bonus for us.

However with McLennan and Bates, I fear we might well be stuck with them. Just can't think of anyone who would want them. Especially Bates with the best part of 2 years left on his contract on a reputedly very hefty wage. I guess the best hope might be if a lower league English side has a central defender suffer a long term injury in the last week or so of the window being open and needing emergency cover but still think we'll end up taking a hit on covering a fairly hefty percentage of his wages. And of course, that would then leave us very short ourselves on centre back cover, with not a lot of time left to address it.

Don't envisage Hayes moving on. MacKenzie never seems to be fit for much more than a couple of months at a time, and it looks like Coulson might be the same. We need him for left back cover although he's clearly much more effective further up the park

28 minutes ago, TerryMcDermott said:

You seem to have fairly well thought out opinions from what I've seen so far, so I'd be interested to know what you would think merits moving Hayes on?

He's running about like a 25 year old, he's been playing far far better this season (probably due to the players around him) and he isn't exactly prone to injury. He's versatile and consistent.

Really can't see why we'd even remotely want him to leave.

• Upvote 2

Any one thinking Hayes might be surplus is not a AberDNA member who was at the manager meet.

Hayes is one of the fastest behind Duk
One of the fittest
Is the team Joker
was a potential for captain
Is the worst dresser
Would be Goodwin's  Sofa companion in the AFC version of Gogglebox

Pretty clear if Goodwin wasnt married then Hayes would be pregnant pretty soon

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
1 hour ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Watkins 

McLennan

Bates 

and dare I say Hayes, all surely candidates for departure. Johnny probably stats because if his versatility and no doubt at least two youngsters go on loan. In an ideal world Bates stays, finds his confidence and fights for a shirt. Can’t see it though. 

Given that Goodwin was bigging him up recently .....(saying he'd like to have eleven Jonny Hayes in his team) ....and given that Hayes has started every competitive game so far this season, I can't see Goodwin looking to ship him out or Hayes actively looking for a move any time soon.

46 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Any one thinking Hayes might be surplus is not a AberDNA member who was at the manager meet.

Hayes is one of the fastest behind Duk
One of the fittest
Is the team Joker
was a potential for captain
Is the worst dresser
Would be Goodwin's  Sofa companion in the AFC version of Gogglebox

Pretty clear if Goodwin wasnt married then Hayes would be pregnant pretty soon

That was also clear from the staff during the Cormack Park tours. Hayes is clearly well liked.

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think Hayes will see out his contact this season and end up coaching the juniors in some capacity when he hangs up his boots. I read that he's already started a wee bit of coaching around the club? Possibly picking up some of the stuff Consi was doing? 

Is his wife not from Aberdeen also? Probably happy to settle in the area once his playing career is over.