Summer 2022 Transfer Window

We can forget about a defender unless we can move Bates on. They aren't going to approve funding for another CB with Bates sitting in the reserves for two years with a decent wage. I suspect if he doesn't move by the 31st of August he might start making appearances on the bench again, especially if injuries come into the equation. McLennan will be let go on a free on the 31st if nobody comes in for him by then. Just depends on what he will accept as a payoff, can't see AFC offering him more than 6 months pay so If his agent fails to find a  suiter then he may decide to stick around and see out his contract.

1 minute ago, Zander1903 said:

Lewis is a expensive bench warmer now by the looks of things

Don't think we'll be able to get Lewis off the wage bill unless we pay him off which I can't see us doing.

Contracted till 2024 and is 35 in October, can't see many clubs wanting to take him unless it's to fill out the home-grown quota in England 

3 hours ago, Bamber said:

Any one thinking Hayes might be surplus is not a AberDNA member who was at the manager meet.

Hayes is one of the fastest behind Duk
One of the fittest
Is the team Joker
was a potential for captain
Is the worst dresser
Would be Goodwin's  Sofa companion in the AFC version of Gogglebox

Pretty clear if Goodwin wasnt married then Hayes would be pregnant pretty soon

Thank you Mr B.Gascoigne for giving me the best laugh-out-loud moment I’ve had on this blog for a very long time. You are both spot on and funny. 

29 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Don't think we'll be able to get Lewis off the wage bill unless we pay him off which I can't see us doing.

Contracted till 2024 and is 35 in October, can't see many clubs wanting to take him unless it's to fill out the home-grown quota in England 

I suspect that big Joe will come back into the fold at some point due to injury or the form of Roos.

tbf, I thought he finished last season strongly given what he had standing in front of him.

I doubt he’s as out of the picture as some of the outfield players getting zero game time…unless of course he’s one of the players that JG says is banging his door down and demanding a move!

7 hours ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Why would you want to get rid of Johnny hayes ffs. Such a great option to have in the team. Fittest cunt there and he’s 35. Machine. 

I don’t want to get rid of him. At some point it might just come down to game time. as you say he’s fit and fast but if everyone’s fit he may struggle to get a game. He’s not first choice left back and now that we have 17 wingers who knows. 

2 hours ago, Zeus said:

Can anyone breakdown down the weekly wage and bonus of the players listed above.

Really interested to know!

If it’s more than minimum wage I’m wanting a pay rise!

1 hour ago, moray1903 said:

I think Michael Hector is still without a club. (As far as I can see)

Would love to see him come back, and I think he could solve a lot of our  defensive problems.

would a signing on fee over come the wage issue

Its been a long time since he was good for us and scored that peach.  Maybe hes shite now

he was class like , worth a trial surely

• Haha 1

To be fair Hayes was getting plenty of abuse from the stands last year. Not one that I ever agreed with though as he always seems fully committed to me and will always have some good play in a game.

What age is MacLennan? Would someone have to pay us a development fee if they wanted him? That may be putting teams off given he's cack

2 hours ago, moray1903 said:

I think Michael Hector is still without a club. (As far as I can see)

Would love to see him come back, and I think he could solve a lot of our  defensive problems.

would a signing on fee over come the wage issue

I’ve got a bit of a fear down the right side of our defence from what I’ve seen so far. 
In particular, our captain appears to have the passing ability of Ricky Foster and Graeme Shinnie…hope I’m wrong and that he’s just settling in! 

20 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

I’ve got a bit of a fear down the right side of our defence from what I’ve seen so far. 
In particular, our captain appears to have the passing ability of Ricky Foster and Graeme Shinnie…hope I’m wrong and that he’s just settling in! 

I seem to remember Wycombe fans saying that if we expected him to be a ball playing defender with passes out the back then we'd be in for a bit of a surprise. He's an out an out defender. Leave the passes to Scales etc. 

22 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

It seems his passing is why he is with us and not the epl, Hopefully he can be given a "pass" for just clearing the ball and not linking up, Absolute boss other than that and well worth it for his defensive play, Cant wait to see him destroy Vann fucking Veen 

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

He’s just not good enough. Wish him no ill will and I’m sure he will do a turn for lower league team. 

Yup, its not as if he hasnt been given a fair crack of the whip either he sowed glimpses of promise once or twice but has woefully underperformed so its time to get him off the wage bill  

59 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

I just don’t think he deserves the vitriol he gets on here. Not everybody has the career they envisage or dream of.

He seems like an honest loon to me. Good luck Connor, if you do leave.

To be fair to that lad he’s had a few cracking moments that flatter do deceive perhaps. The Ibrox goal being one.