Summer 2022 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

He’s just not good enough. Wish him no ill will and I’m sure he will do a turn for lower league team. 

Yup, its not as if he hasnt been given a fair crack of the whip either he sowed glimpses of promise once or twice but has woefully underperformed so its time to get him off the wage bill  

59 minutes ago, Weir on the wing said:

I just don’t think he deserves the vitriol he gets on here. Not everybody has the career they envisage or dream of.

He seems like an honest loon to me. Good luck Connor, if you do leave.

To be fair to that lad he’s had a few cracking moments that flatter do deceive perhaps. The Ibrox goal being one. 

Connor McLennan has only 1 person to blame in his lack of game time & it’s himself. He hasn’t shown anything that would excite any fan or more importantly a manager, his goal against the scum will always be appreciated but he should’ve kicked on from that, instead he hasn’t & that’s why he is where he is now. 

8 hours ago, TerryMcDermott said:

To be fair to that lad he’s had a few cracking moments that flatter do deceive perhaps. The Ibrox goal being one. 

I think his best game for us was is when he came on as a half time sub we were 2-1 down at home to Livingston and struggling and he turned the game around. But that was only 45 minutes and it was way back in December 18.

1 hour ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Connor McLennan has only 1 person to blame in his lack of game time & it’s himself. He hasn’t shown anything that would excite any fan or more importantly a manager, his goal against the scum will always be appreciated but he should’ve kicked on from that, instead he hasn’t & that’s why he is where he is now. 

I think that's a bit harsh on him. If he's not good enough, then he's not good enough. That like saying I've only myself to blame for not playing for the Famous. He's maybe just playing the best he can, which ufortunately for him and us is not good enough for us.

He's a sturdy looking lad. I suspect he always has been for his age group when growing up. If you're big, strong, have reasonable pace in an attacking position you can look decent enough in the younger age groups despite maybe being quite poor. I think that's maybe just caught up with him because at this level, his lack of technical ability seems pretty clear.

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

I think his best game for us was is when he came on as a half time sub we were 2-1 down at home to Livingston and struggling and he turned the game around. But that was only 45 minutes and it was way back in December 18.

Oh what a laddie (MacLennan) and oh what a night

1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I think that's a bit harsh on him. If he's not good enough, then he's not good enough. That like saying I've only myself to blame for not playing for the Famous. He's maybe just playing the best he can, which ufortunately for him and us is not good enough for us.

He's a sturdy looking lad. I suspect he always has been for his age group when growing up. If you're big, strong, have reasonable pace in an attacking position you can look decent enough in the younger age groups despite maybe being quite poor. I think that's maybe just caught up with him because at this level, his lack of technical ability seems pretty clear.

Correct 

There's an assumption on here sometimes that every player should keep developing and improving and that is often far from the case.  Players have their own individual ceilings and rate of development. 

Blaming the lad for not having the ability is harsh. Different of he wasn't trying but it always appears that he is. 

• Upvote 4
8 minutes ago, MattTheTank said:

Is it definitely a midfielder that Goodwin sill wants in? I've seen him saying one more in but not what position?

I think there's a quote from him after Saturday's game kicking around that he was looking for an attacking midfielder. 

I'd imagine that shifting Bates would open up a slot for another centre back. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Think he needs to go on loan to the championship...get regular games.No need fir the vitriol though,he is someone's son after all..

Fuck off, you joking me? after the abuse McCrorie got at the end of last season, and he has played well for us, McLennan has been out and out pish. But aye he is someone’s son, Ramirez abuse?, aye someone’s son as well. 
but aye no need for the vitriol. Sleep walking hypocrisy at its best here. But but McLennans from Aberdeen?, and has stolen a wage aff us for years.

cringe

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think there's a quote from him after Saturday's game kicking around that he was looking for an attacking midfielder. 

I'd imagine that shifting Bates would open up a slot for another centre back. 

No question about it. We wouldn't go with only Milne and McCrorie as cover.

However if we get to deadline day without having shifted Bates on, I think we might see a bonus ball loan of a young CH come in from an EPL side. We certainly won't be paying up the full near 2 years of Bates' contract but if he sees us bringing in a youngster on loan who also goes ahead of him in the pecking order, he might just start to think getting a year's worth of his contract paid up to fuck off might be worth the gamble. 

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

However if we get to deadline day without having shifted Bates on, I think we might see a bonus ball loan of a young CH come in from an EPL side. We certainly won't be paying up the full near 2 years of Bates' contract but if he sees us bringing in a youngster on loan who also goes ahead of him in the pecking order, he might just start to think getting a year's worth of his contract paid up to fuck off might be worth the gamble. 

Works for me 

10 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Fuck off, you joking me? after the abuse McCrorie got at the end of last season, and he has played well for us, McLennan has been out and out pish. But aye he is someone’s son, Ramirez abuse?, aye someone’s son as well. 
but aye no need for the vitriol. Sleep walking hypocrisy at its best here. But but McLennans from Aberdeen?, and has stolen a wage aff us for years.

cringe

Strange logic you have..By the way I haven't given mcrorie or ramirez any abuse either..

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think he’ll be happy to sit in the stands taking his wage until end of contract rather than take half his contract wage & get a new club & start playing again. 

The longer he sits in the stands & doesn’t play, the longer he can pretend he’s a footballer, without playing & proving he isn’t 

12 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

cringe

He’s hardly “stolen a wage”.

That suggests lack of effort. 
It’s not.  
It’s just that he’s not good enough for our first team.

And point the finger at McInnes who gave him his last two year contract.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s hardly “stolen a wage”.

That suggests lack of effort. 
It’s not.  
It’s just that he’s not good enough for our first team.

And point the finger at McInnes who gave him his last two year contract.

It's the same with everyone who either doesn't turn out to be good enough or goes over the hill. 

We're very quick to turn on our players as soon as we think they aren't good enough. 

4 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

If McLennan has even the slightest little bit of ambition and the slightest hope he can make it as a professional footballer then he needs to be pushing for a move away from Aberdeen. He's so far out of the picture here, for his own good i hope he moves.

Aye but he's got a contract and his next move is likely to be downwards in some way so he's within his rights to negotiate a pay off if the club want him to leave earlier.