Summer 2022 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

As usual, you're not listening. 

How do you know he has any loan or permanent options on the table? 

I don't... i've never said he has. But if he has a semi decent agent who is good at his job and can tout him about then he shouldn't struggle to get a gig at Championship level or even potentially league 1 or 2 in England. He's played 80 games at the highest level in Scotland and in Europe, he's not the worst player in the world.

Apart from the money, sitting in the stands at Pittodrie for the next year won't do him any good if he has any ambition to make something from his football career.

I'm not expecting him to walk away with nothing, but he should be pushing for either a loan deal or a negotiation to leave the club with a pay off so he's a free agent (which could make him more attractive for potential suitors.

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

I'm not expecting him to walk away with nothing, but he should be pushing for either a loan deal or a negotiation to leave the club with a pay off so he's a free agent (which could make him more attractive for potential suitors.

I'm assuming that is exactly what is happening behind the scenes.  You'll just have to be a bitty more patient. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly 

No one would advise their own kid to walk away and leave money on the table under the circumstances. 

It's not like he's a multi millionaire footballer in demand with all the top clubs in Europe and doesn't need the money. 

His options might be simply "part time" or moving away from football, so wouldn't blame him to milk the contract and hope that he can either get game time here or a better offer comes in.  

19 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Fuck off, you joking me? after the abuse McCrorie got at the end of last season, and he has played well for us, McLennan has been out and out pish. But aye he is someone’s son, Ramirez abuse?, aye someone’s son as well. 
but aye no need for the vitriol. Sleep walking hypocrisy at its best here. But but McLennans from Aberdeen?, and has stolen a wage aff us for years.

cringe

?

You do love the occasional unbridled outburst.

Entertaining.

On McLennan, I don't think anyone with such a strange body length to leg length ratio can ever be any good at football.
FFS, his back is about 5 feet long to his leg length of 11 or 12 inches.

It's jist nae richt.

8 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

Poofter alert

I do love a cushioned footstool.

• Haha 1

This thread does produce some extended sequences of totally shite posts, with little or no reference to the thread title.

Approaching 14,000 posts we'd be lucky if 10% referred to rumours. 

That in mind reckon that one of our "surplus to requirement " players will end up loaned or sold to Fleetwood or Hartlepool before the window is shut. 

Also don't think that big Jim isn't finished recruiting yet but may require to offload a couple of more players off the payroll before completely concluding our summer's business. 

• Upvote 2
5 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

?

You do love the occasional unbridled outburst.

Entertaining.

On McLennan, I don't think anyone with such a strange body length to leg length ratio can ever be any good at football.
FFS, his back is about 5 feet long to his leg length of 11 or 12 inches.

It's jist nae richt.

I do love a cushioned footstool.

Ooops, no again ???

agreed, get slender man to fuck??

At the moment Bates and McLennan are Aberdeen players. I hope with better players round them, as we have had some crap playing for us for the last 3 years, they might come on a game. I cannot see McLennan getting a game as the standard of forward at the club has significantly improved this season. Bates does not seem to be seen as good enough by the manager and whether that is because he thinks his wage could be spent better or he is just not good enough. Bates will be on a contract that he will not want to see reduced so might be the same situation as Gallagher.

I can only say that after struggling to watch Aberdeen last season for the first time in 50 odd years, I am so much more positive about the season ahead. Goodwin was who I wanted appointed as manager when Glass left as we always got a tough game from his side when he was in opposition. He seems a manager who does not put up with any crap but also knows how to manage and coach his players. Apart from Considine when he left I have not heard to much decent from players against him which is good. It looks like we are in our best position for about 5 years and enjoying, so far, what I am watching. I hope this is the new Don we have been waiting for. COYR.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, stevew8863 said:

our best position for about 5 years

Steady.  I get the enthusiasm, but we're only 2 games into the season and we've been beaten pretty comfortably by Celtic and hammered a 10 man St Mirren. Give it a few weeks before making any wild predictions! 

I am hoping we're at least up there with McInnes last few seasons in terms of points and position, but lets not get carried away just yet. 5 seasons ago we finished 2nd in the league, then 4th 3 seasons running, Goodwin has a lot to live upto in terms of league finishes after the mess of last season