Jump to content
blowupsheep

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I wasn’t fussed one way or another about his potential return, as not one person on here knows a thing about his coaching capabilities, but it’ll save attention seekers like Poodler posting his “edgy” tweets and a whole heap of shite from others elsewhere.

Maybe Goodwin likes what he sees from Craig Samson. 

Or maybe he hasn't been offered a job at the club yet? Can't go to a club that hasn't offered you a role yet. I don't know about Samson's coaching credentials but if Goodwin likes what he sees then great. 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No Langfield as goalie coach then….

Maybe Samson is staying 

He is.

Share this post


Link to post
On 3/29/2022 at 10:28 AM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Ritchie suffered a bad injury a month or two ago.

Remember when we had Samson listed as a sub at Motherwell (cup game?). 

Joe had COVID, Woods was in goal, & Samson a sub. 

We had two goalkeepers on the bench that day. Samson plus a youngster. Bizarre. 

Share this post


Link to post

Goodwin needs to start afresh with our whole defence in summer. 
bin/replace Lewis

Bin high earner Gallagher (if possible) 

Only Bates (& two new defenders) worth working with & look to build a solid back 3 & allow Ramsay to play more to his strengths as a winger rather than waste time trying to make him a RB. Considine kept as back up. 
 

Not sure where that would leave MacKenzie though on left side.

Midfield would be RM & CB central (Ferguson likely away) so probably need another central mid (or LM) unless Polvora can step up. 
The Dutchie can play left wing, or find another & allow him more free role up front supporting Ramirez & also source at least one (probably two) decent strikers.

First & foremost he definitely needs to completely overhaul our back line.

Crazy how much work still needed from Goodwin after the mess Glass has made with his dozen or so signings. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Goodwin needs to start afresh with our whole defence in summer. 
bin/replace Lewis

Bin high earner Gallagher (if possible) 

Only Bates (& two new defenders) worth working with & look to build a solid back 3 & allow Ramsay to play more to his strengths as a winger rather than waste time trying to make him a RB. Considine kept as back up. 
 

Not sure where that would leave MacKenzie though on left side.

Midfield would be RM & CB central (Ferguson likely away) so probably need another central mid (or LM) unless Polvora can step up. 
The Dutchie can play left wing, or find another & allow him more free role up front supporting Ramirez & also source at least one (probably two) decent strikers.

First & foremost he definitely needs to completely overhaul our back line.

Crazy how much work still needed from Goodwin after the mess Glass has made with his dozen or so signings. 

Feel like Gallagher has till end of season to prove himself now he’s over his injuries and under new manager. I think a young RB and a young LB probably be taken in along with a young CB if Bates and Gallagher get the nod. Definitely a new no1 needed. Joes been a tremendous servant but makes too much mistakes now. 
 

We need another winger in similar mould to Vicente for the other side. Definitely need atleast 1 striker prospect that’s good enough to chaLange Ramirez for minutes if he is here next season. Who knows about midfield but assume Ferguson replacement will be needed at very least! 

Share this post


Link to post

Gallagher has started putting in some decent performances the last month or two. Not every week, but enough to think there might be something there to work with.

I don’t think him and Bates are a good partnership though. Can’t recall a single game I’ve come away thinking both have played well. Seems to only ever be one or the other.

We should still be looking for a new CB in summer. And find a way to let Ramsay push forward more often without leaving us totally open at the back.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Gallacher has been much more solid than Bates since Goodwin has come in. He’s not a ball playing CB/ quarterback that Glass had us playing. He’s a no nonsense defender. Goodwins tasked him with that and he’s starting to look like the international we signed. Long way to go in terms of consistency as only been a few games, but positive signs. 

Share this post


Link to post

No way Gallagher will be shown the door, under contract.  They have spunked enough.  He's coming on to a game now.  Teen a whiley like.

Share this post


Link to post

Strange thing about Gallagher is, although we see him as a no nonsense centre half, all through his AFC tenure, to me he’s looked quite comfortable with the ball at his feet. It’s in the air that he’s looked dodgy, v Motherwell especially.

But now, he’s cut that out whilst continuing to look very confident on the ball. I think we are finally seeing the real Gallagher. In my opinion. Bates is the dodgy one, but at 24, he has time on his side.

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Strange thing about Gallagher is, although we see him as a no nonsense centre half, all through his AFC tenure, to me he’s looked quite comfortable with the ball at his feet. It’s in the air that he’s looked dodgy, v Motherwell especially.

But now, he’s cut that out whilst continuing to look very confident on the ball. I think we are finally seeing the real Gallagher. In my opinion. Bates is the dodgy one, but at 24, he has time on his side.

They've got to the end of the season to prove they can form a partnership.

Would be good if they could as it would solve a big problem for us and allow us to focus on other areas

Share this post


Link to post

When it comes to bringing in a keeper, if Alnwick decides he wants to go back down south and not come up here i wonder if Goodwin might consider asking Ipswich to loan us Vaclav Hladky who he previously said was the best goalkeeper in scotland when he was playing at St Mirren. And he said if he was a little bit taller he would have without doubt been playing in the EPL.

After leaving St Mirren, Hladky won the player of the year award for Salford the following season and then moved to Ipswich last summer but is only second choice there. With a number of decent SPL keepers available for free i doubt we would be willing to pay a hefty fee for him at that age and with Ipswich buying him only last summer i don't think they would just release Hladky.  But if Goodwin really does rate him as good as he said , he might consider asking about a loan and Ipswich might consider a loan if we paid all his wages.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

When it comes to bringing in a keeper, if Alnwick decides he wants to go back down south and not come up here i wonder if Goodwin might consider asking Ipswich to loan us Vaclav Hladky who he previously said was the best goalkeeper in scotland when he was playing at St Mirren. And he said if he was a little bit taller he would have without doubt been playing in the EPL.

After leaving St Mirren, Hladky won the player of the year award for Salford the following season and then moved to Ipswich last summer but is only second choice there. With a number of decent SPL keepers available for free i doubt we would be willing to pay a hefty fee for him at that age and with Ipswich buying him only last summer i don't think they would just release Hladky.  But if Goodwin really does rate him as good as he said , he might consider asking about a loan and Ipswich might consider a loan if we paid all his wages.

Good shout that 

Share this post


Link to post

31 years old hasn't played 250 matches in his career yet. Isn't particularly undersized if wiki is correct.....he's 189cm or a smidge over 6'2". Up for debate whether Slovan Liberec or Ipswich are the biggest club he has played for in his career. Probably Liberec as they appear in European football most seasons

Now back up keeper at a club sitting mid table in EFL1. I'm sure Lewis would be able to get a gig as first choice in that league.

Not for me. And hopefully not for Goodwin

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

31 years old hasn't played 250 matches in his career yet. Isn't particularly undersized if wiki is correct.....he's 189cm or a smidge over 6'2". Up for debate whether Slovan Liberec or Ipswich are the biggest club he has played for in his career. Probably Liberec as they appear in European football most seasons

Now back up keeper at a club sitting mid table in EFL1. I'm sure Lewis would be able to get a gig as first choice in that league.

Not for me. And hopefully not for Goodwin

Agreed there. Although we would all like to see a new and improved keeper lets not just focus on the "new" part. Although Joe Lewis isn't at the peak of his powers he's still a pretty good goalkeeper. I hope we don't just take someone in for the sake of it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Regan Charles-Cook getting linked with us.

Ooc in summer.

Good shout. 

Spoonburners seemingly interested as well.

No brainer for him then.

Dandies all the way.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Regan Charles-Cook getting linked with us.

Ooc in summer.

Good shout. 

Spoonburners seemingly interested as well.

No brainer for him then.

Dandies all the way.

Where is he getting linked with us?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Where is he getting linked with us?

In the Daily Record.

Within the body of this article there’s a link to it. 

And from this article it sounds pretty clear Matty Kennedy won’t be going anywhere in the summer.

Oh, & in a shocking turn of events, Dylan McGeouch is injured.

So Ramsay will play & McCrorie, Ferguson, Barron in midfield I’d think. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

31 years old hasn't played 250 matches in his career yet. Isn't particularly undersized if wiki is correct.....he's 189cm or a smidge over 6'2". Up for debate whether Slovan Liberec or Ipswich are the biggest club he has played for in his career. Probably Liberec as they appear in European football most seasons

Now back up keeper at a club sitting mid table in EFL1. I'm sure Lewis would be able to get a gig as first choice in that league.

Not for me. And hopefully not for Goodwin

 

I wasn't saying we should sign him or that I thought he was small just that Goodwin thought he would be in EPL if he was taller ,and he rated him very highly so as his move hasn't gone to plan I wondered if Goodwin may consider him as a possible option.

“I’m not being disrespectful to any of the guys at Celtic or Rangers or Joe Lewis at Aberdeen for that matter,” he said. Prior to coming in I had a fair idea of how good Vaclav was. I had seen him live three times last season’s and then I watched both play-off games on the telly.

“I just can’t get over how good he is. If he was three or four inches taller he would probably be playing down in the English Premier League. - https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17859794.st-mirren-goalkeeper-vaclav-hladky-best-stopper-top-flight-says-jim-goodwin/

St Mirren fans thought he was unbelievable, Salford fans thought the same.

He went into Ipswich and had a shaky start playing behind a shambolic defence and team that was all over the place at the start of the season. Ipswich wanted 2 new keepers last year and were spending a lot of cash bringing heaps of new players in at the same time so it wasnt in a stable team and the manager brought in another keeper on big wages from Brighton who he had worked with in the championship before and knew well.

Hladky would also easily get a gig as first choice in that league too for many of the other teams and would probably be highest paid player at a few of them but unfortunately for him he landed up at the wrong club at the wrong time and thats why he is back up. Not saying i would sign him or anything as i havnt really watched him other than when he played us but i wouldnt be surprised if he was under consideration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hladky was an excellent goalie when he played up here 

Edited by aberdeen1970
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Meltdowns incoming 

Aye.

I’d expect so.    

Hopefully this is shite. Imagine spending 6 figures on him. 
 

Share this post


Link to post

No seen much of him to be fair, but he never gave Ramirez a sniff last game against them we got beat, fast as fuck. Probably been pish every other game though just basing it on the one a saw 

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, sheep123 said:

No seen much of him to be fair, but he never gave Ramirez a sniff last game against them we got beat, fast as fuck. Probably been pish every other game though just basing it on the one a saw 

The one thing I do remember about him is that he’s quick. Something that no other centre halves we have on the books possess. 

He’s also a leftie 

That’s about as much as I know about the lad. 

It would seem odd to spend what I’d imagine would be about £200k on him. 

Share this post


Link to post

Dunne is very very quick for a centre back and with McCrorie moving back in to midfield I would expect us to be looking for a centre back with more pace to allow us to defend further up the park to allow more pressing from high up the park.

Probably more suited to left side of a back 3. But don't believe we would be that keen for him that we would be willing to pay a fee for Dunne. I'm thinking its an agent trying to drum up interest and earn a fee.

If we were looking at someone else from St Mirren i would have thought Tanser as a back up left back/left wing back is more likely as he is out of contract in summer, wouldn't be expensive wages, proven he can play in SPL and in addition to that we are meant to be looking at stats a lot more now before making any transfers targets. I know that Tansers stats in the first half of the season showed impressive numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Dunne is very very quick for a centre back and with McCrorie moving back in to midfield I would expect us to be looking for a centre back with more pace to allow us to defend further up the park to allow more pressing from high up the park.

Probably more suited to left side of a back 3. But don't believe we would be that keen for him that we would be willing to pay a fee for Dunne. I'm thinking its an agent trying to drum up interest and earn a fee.

If we were looking at someone else from St Mirren i would have thought Tanser as a back up left back/left wing back is more likely as he is out of contract in summer, wouldn't be expensive wages, proven he can play in SPL and in addition to that we are meant to be looking at stats a lot more now before making any transfers targets. I know that Tansers stats in the first half of the season showed impressive numbers. 

Tanser is not good enough.

St J & St M were/are his level.

I’d be surprised if we’d be prepared to pay a “six figure fee” for Dunne.     

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye.

I’d expect so.    

Hopefully this is shite. Imagine spending 6 figures on him. 
 

Hoping that this is shite, but nothing would surprise me anymore.

Is Clangers currently on a bus heading north.

Share this post


Link to post

I guess Goodwin will have great knowledge of Dunne and his abilities and attributes that he can being to the defence and squad. 

I don't know much about the lad so have to bow to the managers superior knowledge. That said I would personally prefer a move for McCart from St Johnstone who is also out of contract this season I believe. Also younger than Dunne and left footed.

That is based purely on my knowledge and observation at games. 

Goodwin I trust.

Share this post


Link to post

Absolutely no idea who this guy is but when you read St Mirren fans tweeting in reply that they would drive him up themselves if they get a fee it sounds a lot like another ridiculous signing! 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...