Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, slippers said:

It’s a done deal. Just waiting for assurances before announcing I’d imagine. Chance he may not get clearance maybe so don’t want to announce it to get egg on face. 

Well he scores higher on the gbe scale than ramadani, and we got him so should be a done deal and just waiting for official confirmation

20 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

Well he scores higher on the gbe scale than ramadani, and we got him so should be a done deal and just waiting for official confirmation

whats the gbe scale and how can Tobias rank higher than Ylber.

Ylber is an international and has been a pro every season of his career.

Lauritsen has spent some time in part time football and is utterly no where internationally

25 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

whats the gbe scale and how can Tobias rank higher than Ylber.

Ylber is an international and has been a pro every season of his career.

Lauritsen has spent some time in part time football and is utterly no where internationally

https://analyticsfc.co.uk/gbe-calculator/

That is the easy tool, depends what league the player plays in and from what country. Ramadani scores around 3, even with regular international games, albania is outside top 50 teams.

Clubs check these things long before they make offers to players though... I would like to think

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

We need 10 signings. 1 down 9 to go

We only need as many as 10 is if a couple of more players get sold and I can’t see as many as that coming in anyway, but if we are to get another 9 players in we are dragging our heals on getting them signed 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think for a second he was suggesting that that team would realistically be in place for the season. 

I think he was making the point that we could easily field a strong enough team for a game against Buckie in a couple of weeks time even if no one else came in before then.

He said nothing about Buckie he said it would avoid relegation 

There's been zero rumours going around about Ferguson. Usually there's a couple of clubs names flying around during the transfer windows, but this time....nothing. Maybe just flying under the radar due to Ramsey to Liverpool? 

I can't see him wanting to stick around for another seasonn tbh. I'd only be happy for him to stay if he signed an extension so we safe guarded a bit of money for him when he does go, but I don't want us to be in a situation where he leaves for fuck all after he's run his contract down.

5 minutes ago, thurso said:

We only need as many as 10 is if a couple of more players get sold and I can’t see as many as that coming in anyway, but if we are to get another 9 players in we are dragging our heals on getting them signed 

How many do you think we need thurso? 

How many of the current squad would you say are good enough to nail down a first choice position? 

4 hours ago, Tord31 said:

We can still raise a team against Buckie if we have no further signings, no Campbell, no Ramsay, no Ferguson, no Ramadani, and no Ramirez.

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Bates Mackenzie

Barron Polvara

Besuijen Kennedy Hayes

Watkins

This team avoids relegation

That team ends the season with a goal difference of about -30. Keeper who can't save shots, calamitous central defence pairing, full backs that get caught out of position regularly, nobody in the forward 4 who can score goals. Also have Gallagher, Kennedy, Hayes and Watkins who are fairly injury prone - Watkins never plays 3 games in a row. Also Kennedy is useless.

Needs lots of new players to avoid another relegation battle with that bunch. Even in the above team I'd rather have Duncan in than Kennedy and Harvie in over Watkins.

8 minutes ago, thurso said:

by 1st September we will be well on for our 10 as there will be further churn in the squad. It always happens.

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How many do you think we need thurso? 

How many of the current squad would you say are good enough to nail down a first choice position? 

With the squad as it is right now I would rather we used the money we have and wage budget to sign 5 (maybe 6 if/when Ferguson gets sold) really good players instead of 10 mediocre ones. 

Out of that line up tord put up I think we have 6 starters maybe 7 

7 hours ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Go on instagram search for Ticmasterproo  look at his story he was doing hill runs in LA or Facebook Aberdeen fc-the red army where the have the the ee link from the Norwegian player former manager someone posted the picture I’d don’t know how to post a picture on here 

Or use full stops. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Scrambling about on 31st August for hand outs 

I just don't think we'll land 8 permanent players in one window of the quality we're looking for. 

Whilst I'd always prefer guys on permanent deals I'd rather sign 4 good ones and loan a few short term than be lumbered with a heap of shite on permanent contracts

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

by 1st September we will be well on for our 10 as there will be further churn in the squad. It always happens.

By first of September we will be nearly 2 months into our season hopefully we are well on our way by 9th of July 

Just now, thurso said:

Well you basically agreed with me then. 

The loans we take in will be of same standard as last few years when we usually take in loans that turn out to be squad fillers 

That's not what I said. 

I'd imagine if we did loan players it would be younger lads from richer teams as per usual but hopefully good enough to start rather than just warm the bench. 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

By first of September we will be nearly 2 months into our season hopefully we are well on our way by 9th of July 

Yes but in the July games we'll have your Barrons, Fergusons, McLennans, Kennedys, Woods etc that might not be in the picture by August 31st.

If I see 10 coming thats probably on the basis of selling Ramirez, Ramsay and Ferguson, and loaning out another 1 on top maybe.

7 minutes ago, thurso said:

With the squad as it is right now I would rather we used the money we have and wage budget to sign 5 (maybe 6 if/when Ferguson gets sold) really good players instead of 10 mediocre ones. 

Out of that line up tord put up I think we have 6 starters maybe 7 

In that line up I'd be reasonably happy with McCrorie, either Bates or Gallagher, Barron, Besoujin, Hayes as starters. So that's 5 for me. MacKenzie and Polvara and even the young lad Duncan could be added to that if they have a good first half of the season. I'm fed up with Lewis, he needs replaced, and I've also got no time for Kennedy, and I think it's pointless even talking about Watkins as a regular starter as he'll be injured at least half the season.