Summer 2022 Transfer Window

25 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Logging in to REDTV & seeing McLennan & Kennedy trying to get past players fair cheered me up ?

NB - as long as we don’t see them in the first team. I’ll not be laughing then. 

Jim Goodwin seems fairly relaxed about the whole recruitment thing anyway, which is good 

At least someone is relaxed about it all 

20 minutes ago, minijc said:

The clip on twitter where McLennan runs at Kennedy made me think he could be a player then he hit the ball in it him ?

I think we are getting on fine, it's just that things take time.

Iv only ever known about two transfers into Aberdeen neither came off but the actual deals for them were done very quick.
So when you have had 6 months to sign players how long does it actually take to come off and get the deals over the line. Or nearly 4 months in Goodwins case of being manager. 

11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think the translation was maybe not kind.

i translated it more as no comment, I really cant say anything yet, hey come on you need to speak to my agent.

and I thought the Chairman's quote was also encouraging which more or less translated as its up to Tobias when he wants to say.

You're maybe right. Although I don't buy that we aren't announcing until work permit granted. Nearly every foreign signing we have announced has come with caveat subject to work permit and international clearance.

Plus if DC is reading the fans, he would want something announced as soon as the contract is signed to appease the fans.

1 minute ago, Zorba said:

You're maybe right. Although I don't buy that we aren't announcing until work permit granted. Nearly every foreign signing we have announced has come with caveat subject to work permit and international clearance.

Plus if DC is reading the fans, he would want something announced as soon as the contract is signed to appease the fans.

maybe there is not certainty he'll get the visa in which case obvious to keep it hush

Just now, thurso said:

Iv only ever known about two transfers into Aberdeen neither came off but the actual deals for them were done very quick.
So when you have had 6 months to sign players how long does it actually take to come off and get the deals over the line. Or nearly 4 months in Goodwins case of being manager. 

We haven't had 6 months to sign players though have we?  Of course pre contracts could be agreed, they can also fall through or get binned especially when a new manager with different ideas comes in.  I'm almost certain the club know who they want and have been working extremely hard to ensure that we get the deals done, various things pop up along the way that stall the moves.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, minijc said:

I do understand but many seem to be fearing the worst, club have been trying to get quality players, this takes time, give it 2 weeks then see where we are.

The club said the same thing last season,   We are trying to get quality players in to the club, and not quantity.   Look what happened. The quality control went out the door. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As someone who hasn’t bought a kit in donkeys years, I doubt it will be.

Aye that doesn’t sound like someone whose desperate to sign. 

Or, for whatever reason, we are indeed holding back on announcing anything

Might genuinely be down to Ramsay,  which is worrying 

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Or, for whatever reason, we are indeed holding back on announcing anything

Might genuinely be down to Ramsay,  which is worrying 

Oh no, worry worry worry. 

3 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

That Jack tucker from gillingham

Yes and to MK Dons. 

10 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

The club said the same thing last season,   We are trying to get quality players in to the club, and not quantity.   Look what happened. The quality control went out the door. 

Yeah that's what I fear. Get a few signings over the line then start panicking with the scatter-gun signings based purely on the clubs they are at.

I'd rather we signed players that we have done are due diligence on and if light on numbers pack it out with youth academy players who have done none too shabby the last couple seasons. Then come January hopefully we are able to add the quality we missed out on in the summer or in ideal world the young players have made their mark. 

Fearing a Longstaff, Samuels, Jenks type loan signing spree in 4/5 weeks time.

Just now, sooth_stander said:

£300k for Tabias, rising to double that (add ons)

For a player with 6 months left on contract with 2 years in professional football?  Wonder what the fee would be for the North Macedonian lad, minus a relegation release clause.

9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Where you reading that? 

Red Tinted Glasses podcast, Glenn interviewed a Norwegian journo.

Seems a tad on the high side with him in the last 6 months of his contract.

EDIT - what he said was, between £200k and £300k up front and then double that with add ons. Says the Noggy window opens in Aug so the fee could alter if it’s now, or August

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Arsenal have recalled the Clarke lad from Hibs. Where is he going then?

I presume England but could see him as a player we'd be happy to pick up

Stoke City.

I somehow managed to reply before you posted according to the timeline.....

48 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Especially with work permits, exemption hearings or whatever the fuck they are called. It's no longer a case of wanting a player in Europe and agreeing a fee and terms. So much shit needs done now and when you are looking at players that don't automatically qualify for permits it takes ages. See Ramirez last summer. That took forever and a day. 

Brexits worked out so well.