Summer 2022 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Well i'd say he's a loss to Hibs as looked one of their better players

Yeah can play anywhere across back 4 slightly better going forward than defending IMO.

He was RB at Hibs and they have replaced him with the Australian guy.

1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

The club said the same thing last season,   We are trying to get quality players in to the club, and not quantity.   Look what happened. The quality control went out the door. 

You should be employed by AFC, Shoofta min, as a QC technician. There's a number of vacancies at the club just now. May be worth throwing your cap into the ring son. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

We haven't had 6 months to sign players though have we?  Of course pre contracts could be agreed, they can also fall through or get binned especially when a new manager with different ideas comes in.  I'm almost certain the club know who they want and have been working extremely hard to ensure that we get the deals done, various things pop up along the way that stall the moves.

I’m not wanting to make it sound like I’m doubting your itk credentials,  as I said I know practically fuck all when it comes to the signings of Aberdeen, but if we did have guys lined up on pre contracts like you said all along and we were waiting for various reasons to announce them.
If they have fallen through who were they or at least give some hint as to who they were as obviously they ain’t signing anymore so no point worrying now. 

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’m not wanting to make it sound like I’m doubting your itk credentials,  as I said I know practically fuck all when it comes to the signings of Aberdeen, but if we did have guys lined up on pre contracts like you said all along and we were waiting for various reasons to announce them.
If they have fallen through who were they or at least give some hint as to who they were as obviously they ain’t signing anymore so no point worrying now. 

I'm never going to do that, I just trust what I get told and share what I can, if it happens GREAT if not we move on.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, thurso said:

I'm going to do you a favour here, if you're willing to actually acknowledge it

Mini knows absolutely nothing about our wheeling and dealing

The faster you accept that the better

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 9
10 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm going to do you a favour here, if you're willing to actually acknowledge it

Mini knows absolutely nothing about our wheeling and dealing

The faster you accept that the better

Oh Cesc, you're still upset because I vowed to never tell you fuck all and that remains the case. 

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Surely we aren't paying £300k for Lauritsen when we can get him for fuck all in January?

On the plus side if we are spending that kind of cash on somebody with his scoring record it bodes well for us spending more fees imo. We certainly need to be anyway. 

£300K upfront with another £300k in add ons apparently.

2 hours ago, thurso said:

Ffs ?‍♀️ 

27 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I suppose we did squeeze about £200k out of Blackburn for Hedges when he only had 6 months left on his contract

£200k yes, however, there's an argument that we'd have been better off financially had we kept him and let him move for nothing.

We lost out on top 6 on what, the 33rd game?

One home game v one of the cheeks post split, and more prize money for a higher finish (and 5th would have been Europe) would have easily recovered that amount, and we'd have saved a bit of face too (and I get that it'd be papering over the cracks but it would have got us to this window looking like a better destination for our signing targets).

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

£200k yes, however, there's an argument that we'd have been better off financially had we kept him and let him move for nothing.

One home game v one of the cheeks post split, and more prize money for a higher finish (and 5th would have been Europe) would have easily recovered that amount, and we'd have saved a bit of face too (and I get that it'd be papering over the cracks but it would have got us to this window looking like a better destination for our signing targets).

I'm not going to disagree with you on that.  The point I was making was about players being bought and sold for decent fees despite them only have 6 months or so left on their contract.  Blackburn paid us a six figure fee for Hedges, we're supposedly paying a six figure fee for this Norwegian striker, despite them being out of contract at the next transfer window.

21 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Disagree that Hedges would have made that sort of difference. Guess we'll never know though so really a mute point bringing it up.

Robby McCrorie potential second choice keeper if we fail getting our first target and huns get McGregor to sign extension and/or some keeper from Turkey. Lewis will be JG's number 1 next season.

i don't claim to be "ITK" but the info is from a good source.

2 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Robby McCrorie potential second choice keeper if we fail getting our first target and huns get McGregor to sign extension and/or some keeper from Turkey. Lewis will be JG's number 1 next season.

Not much of a career move to go from the scums 3rd choice to our 2nd choice.

He’s 24. He needs to be playing regularly. 

He might end up at Ross County or maybe St Johnstone, who’ll need to replace Zander Clark.

And Joe being no1 would be a weekly worry.  
He’s regressed in the last 18 months, albeit he was a little better towards the end of the season. 

9 minutes ago, Zorba said:

That rumour was inevitable given Ross will be our captain. Don’t rate goalie Mcrorie and he would want big wages coming from Rangers where he will be well paid. Think it’s safe to say siegrest didn’t choose us now, so maybe JG fancied he can turn JL around if can’t land an obvious improvement. Was very good last 2/3 games of season. 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not much of a career move to go from the scums 3rd choice to our 2nd choice.

He’s 24. He needs to be playing regularly. 

He might end up at Ross County or maybe St Johnstone, who’ll need to replace Zander Clark.

And Joe being no1 would be a weekly worry.  
He’s regressed in the last 18 months, albeit he was a little better towards the end of the season. 

I'd rather see a new no 1 as well but with the size of rebuild we need and Joe's salary level we might need to accept another year of him and hope JG can fire a rocket up him.