Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Ramsay could be confirmed as a Liverpool player tomorrow. Some papers are saying he started his medical last night and the majority of it done today. 

Hopefully it is confirmed then we can crack on and get our incoming business confirmed. Ramsay transfer has dragged on for what feels like fucking forever. 

Ramsay sale does not affect players coming in. We already have a set budget. This sale and Ferguson eventual sale could only enhance that 'war chest'.

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d accept £2.5m & add ons with 20% of any future transfer fee.

If we don’t sell Lewis Ferguson this summer we end up with an undoubtedly unhappy player and whose contract would only have 18 months to go in the next window.

Then we would be looking at the £1.5m being offered now.

If we got £2.5m you’d be talking about us taking in £8m with McKenna’s promotion add on, Ramsay & Ferguson.

Bank £5m & spend the rest cleverly to rebuild. 
We also have a heap of weekly salary to use on the 11 or 12 or whatever it is that’s left. 

A sensible post in 232 pages of predominant guff. 

Young Lewis has to be sold this window and £2.5m sounds around the value we should hold out for. He's decent but not great. 

If we can reinvest in around 5 or 6 decent players + promote 2 or 3 up and coming players from the youth set up we might, just might, get back on track.

21 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

A sensible post in 232 pages of predominant guff. 

Young Lewis has to be sold this window and £2.5m sounds around the value we should hold out for. He's decent but not great. 

If we can reinvest in around 5 or 6 decent players + promote 2 or 3 up and coming players from the youth set up we might, just might, get back on track.

£2.5M still seems too cheap for a Scotland international at 22..

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Have they ever been close to the EPL in the last 5 years? 
Haven’t been in the play offs in that time 

5 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Answered your own question there fella. Anyway, just a counterpoint to your 'happy to stay in the championship' dismissive - Millwall are very much a progressive club nowadays 

43 years in a row in the 2nd division/ championship. Average attendance last year? 13,700.

26 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Ramsay sale does not affect players coming in. We already have a set budget. This sale and Ferguson eventual sale could only enhance that 'war chest'.

Of course it will have an effect. If you know you have that money coming in you'll be looking at trying to attract a better calibre of player as you can spend more on a fee and soend a bit more on wages. 

That's my reasoning for the incomings being a bit slower because we have to wait for Ramsay to be sold before actually finalising deals. I suspect there's a few agreed but we couldn't complete until Ramsay goes. Happy to be proven wrong though if you know better ?

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

£2.5M still seems too cheap for a Scotland international at 22..

Noted Ernie.

But he's on the fringes of a very ordinary international side. If we got £2.5m would grab it. Championship would be more than Lewis's level. Never an EPL player in a month of Sundays. 

Also reckon that McKenna will get ripped a new one this season. 

However having read Liverpool's chat forum Ramsay, if he adapts as they hope, could do very well in due course 

Finally what's happening to Cosgrove's career, is he still attached to Birmingham? Still cannot believe we got £2m for someone who simply had a purple patch + a few penalties. 

3 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Noted Ernie.

But he's on the fringes of a very ordinary international side. If we got £2.5m would grab it. Championship would be more than Lewis's level. Never an EPL player in a month of Sundays. 

Also reckon that McKenna will get ripped a new one this season. 

However having read Liverpool's chat forum Ramsay, if he adapts as they hope, could do very well in due course 

Finally what's happening to Cosgrove's career, is he still attached to Birmingham? Still cannot believe we got £2m for someone who simply had a purple patch + a few penalties. 

Shane Duffy managed to play most of the season at the heart of Brighton's defence...

13 minutes ago, G31DON said:

43 years in a row in the 2nd division/ championship. Average attendance last year? 13,700.

Smaller club than Aberdeen, probably spending well beyond their means like most clubs in that league hoping to make the promised land. Still if they want to cough up a few million to take that hun cunt off our hands who am I to complain 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, NEM said:

Smaller club than Aberdeen, probably spending well beyond their means like most clubs in that league hoping to make the promised land. Still if they want to cough up a few million to take that hun cunt off our hands who am I to complain 

As Partick Thistle are to Glasgow, Millwall are to London. 

2.25m and 15%, deal. 

27 minutes ago, Footballs coming Rome said:

yeah ummm meant factor but obvisouly I am a mong

Sorry, I knew what you meant, but I was being a prick. At heart I'm a pedant and a lot of the spelling and malapropisms have been bugging me lately. I'm half cut, therefore you bore the brunt.

Stand Free Mr Rome