Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Or perhaps Goodwin knows what is going on and what the current state of affairs are with targets and is comfortable.

Bottom line is nobody on here has a clue what the situation is with targets. 

Maybe, as you say nobody on here actually has a clue what the situation is.

However Goodwin said he wanted his squad in place before pre-season training started and also said a month and a half ago that our targets had been identified. I think its fair to say he'd have expected to at least have some new players on board by now.

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Cos his CV looks dodgy. Part time football a few of the seasons. You dont want caught with a guy on a four year deal on 5k per week unless he's already proven himself 

its bad enough having players on those wages who did prove themselves like Joe Lewis

Aye it's terrible paying good players the going rate.

20 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Ten Caat will be able to advise.

24 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Why $4k/week? Is that our rumoured offer?

You are damned right I will

We don't pay our players in dollars so that won't be our offer

Now back in your box you tedious cunt.....

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
38 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Or perhaps Goodwin knows what is going on and what the current state of affairs are with targets and is comfortable.

Bottom line is nobody on here has a clue what the situation is with targets. 

Halle - fuckin- Lujah !......  A rare shaft of sense in a sea of pish.

8 hours ago, beef_sister said:

Fair point 

I think we'll have a few faces onboard by then though, If there are issues then follwing on from last seasons summer debacle i'd say Gunn is the common denominator in it all

I 100% agree. I have no doubts we'll have some players in by then and hopefully they'll be of a decent standard.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Cos his CV looks dodgy. Part time football a few of the seasons. You dont want caught with a guy on a four year deal on 5k per week unless he's already proven himself 

its bad enough having players on those wages who did prove themselves like Joe Lewis

25 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Givint yer Ojo's, McGeouch's, Lewis's 4k or 5k a week is not a great idea when they are all shite

Make up your mind

Just now, Tord31 said:

We shouldnt be paying those sorts of wages end of. We should have cashed in on Lewis when he was a commodity, and moved on to the next one.

Had we done that, and brought in someone not so solid , we’d have been criticised for selling, at the time, one of the best keepers in the league.Imagine the meltdown had we sold Lewis and brought in a Nicky Walker! 

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Just wondering what the required level of pantaloon-moistening and crib-soiling is for the day/night ahead? One thing I'm sure of, is that when I lay gasping for my final breaths on my deathbed in decades to come (or possibly hours, if I continue to read the soul-crushing Rumour Mill thread on the internet's AFC Chat forum), I'll fondly reminisce upon the early summer of 2022, when a small, disparate group of anxious Northern European internet posters with inadequate bladder control collectively lost their urine content over the apparent non-purchase of lower-league ball-kickers they'd never heard of before.

If it turns out Gorgeous Jim and his not-very-merry, almost-band of be-tanned, impressively-teethed overlords and underlings make a surprisingly-decent fist of the start of Season 119 of "Aberdeen Soccerball Club: A Pointless Neverending Story", one can only imagine the sheer, utter pointlessness of the collective urethra fluids expelled unto said befouled breeks-&-bedding during said period :sheepdance:

• Haha 3
15 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We shouldnt be paying those sorts of wages end of. We should have cashed in on Lewis when he was a commodity, and moved on to the next one.

What standard of player do you think we would be getting if we paid a less? 

and why cash in? Football used to be about trying to build your best team...

8 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

What standard of player do you think we would be getting if we paid a less? 

and why cash in? Football used to be about trying to build your best team...

Folk are far too interested in what individual players may or may not be earning these days and what we should be paying to or for each player. 

And nothing seems to excite people more than an article linking a club with one of our players.   Seems everything not nailed down should be sold to the highest bidder as soon as someone shows an interest. 

It's verging on unhealthy sometimes. Folk care more about the number of pounds in the club's bank account than the number of points we've earned on the park. 

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Ando said:

Just wondering what the required level of pantaloon-moistening and crib-soiling is for the day/night ahead? One thing I'm sure of, is that when I lay gasping for my final breaths on my deathbed in decades to come (or possibly hours, if I continue to read the soul-crushing Rumour Mill thread on the internet's AFC Chat forum), I'll fondly reminisce upon the early summer of 2022, when a small, disparate group of anxious Northern European internet posters with inadequate bladder control collectively lost their urine content over the apparent non-purchase of lower-league ball-kickers they'd never heard of before.

If it turns out Gorgeous Jim and his not-very-merry, almost-band of be-tanned, impressively-teethed overlords and underlings make a surprisingly-decent fist of the start of Season 119 of "Aberdeen Soccerball Club: A Pointless Neverending Story", one can only imagine the sheer, utter pointlessness of the collective urethra fluids expelled unto said befouled breeks-&-bedding during said period :sheepdance:

Put it this way, if this week follows the path of the previous 2 with no signings then i'd fully expect major flood warnings for North East Scotland by the weekend, i won't deny that my little corner of the Shire is already saturated.

I'm confident however something will happen this week though, it has to surely?

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Folk are far too interested in what individual players may or may not be earning these days and what we should be paying to or for each player. 

And nothing seems to excite people more than an article linking a club with one of our players.   Seems everything not nailed down should be sold to the highest bidder as soon as someone shows an interest. 

It's verging on unhealthy sometimes. Folk care more about the number of pounds in the club's bank account than the number of points we've earned on the park. 

Yep. Totally agree. I don't get it

Cormack categorically said last summer that he won’t pay 500k for any player with 12 months left on their contract. If he spends 400k on this league two no mark when he wasn’t willing to do so with McGrath who’d just scored 16 goals in a season, then serious questions have to be asked about the clubs decision marking.

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I remember sitting in a cafe one dark, miserable, freezing cold, pishing rain afternoon in January 1995, they had the radio on and it announced that Andy Cole had been bought by Man Utd for 7 million quid. 7 fuckin million. Blew my tiny, parochial mind at the time. Didn't help that AFC were fucking shite at the time and heading for a relegation play-off with Dun-cunting-fermline, despite having players that would probably win the league by a country mile these days. Ah well, at least we inexplicably got £2m for Sam cunting Cosgrove. Every cloud n'that ?

5 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Cormack categorically said last summer that he won’t pay 500k for any player with 12 months left on their contract. If he spends 400k on this league two no mark when he wasn’t willing to do so with McGrath who’d just scored 16 goals in a season, then serious questions have to be asked about the clubs decision marking.

forgot about that quote.

The full back, Lauritsen and the macedonian lad have 5-11 months left on their contracts