Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, davieb said:

Yep, would make more sense than splashing that sort of money on a player with such a short length of contract left

If we let Hedges go for £200k in similar circumstances and he had played consistently at a higher level, £600k including add ons for a striker scoring on average every 4 game in a bottom half team in a poorer league seems extortionate. Especially when he's only got 5 months left of his contract.

3 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

To be fair to @minijche's not alone in teasing signings for the last 10 days. Goodwin said that he was very hopeful of an exciting left sided defender 2 weeks ago so are we classing Goodwin on the bullshit list too?

Yes... everyone (including the manager) should keep their mouths shut about potential signings until they are actually signed. Just gets peoples hopes up for no reason.

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Yes... everyone (including the manager) should keep their mouths shut about potential signings until they are actually signed. Just gets peoples hopes up for no reason.

Think JG wrongly put faith in Steven Gunn. Imagine he's the one reporting on how deals are getting along.

We will never be best in class with him as DoF. He should stick to arranging golf days out and we should get someone competent IMO.

• Upvote 1

Hearing from an America-based Scottish journalist that Dons have agreed a fee with Atlanta Utd for Jackson Conway. Contract negotiations haven't started yet but said the player is very keen on the move. Said his source is reliable, from another journalist Doug Roberson? Can't find anything else on it but he's a young English striker. 

3 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

Hearing from an America-based Scottish journalist that Dons have agreed a fee with Atlanta Utd for Jackson Conway. Contract negotiations haven't started yet but said the player is very keen on the move. Said his source is reliable, from another journalist Doug Roberson? Can't find anything else on it but he's a young English striker. 

sorta guy who'd be a good squad signing for Livingston with that record

4 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

Things getting so bad that we're resorting to Atlanta United rejects?

8 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

If theres any truth in this at all we must be getting desperate now. This stinks of Jack Gurr

13 minutes ago, Zorba said:

It's nowhere near £750k. £150k/£250k plus add ons. Peterborough happy to let him go as the new gaffer doesn't fancy him and barely played him when he took over from Fergie Jr.

Dec said that he would rather stay in England but the wages offered are better up here surprisingly. He hasn't agreed to join Hearts but expects something to be sorted by end of week.

As I've said before I'm not ITK regarding Aberdeen, but seen as I know his brother I'll take his word over the Daily Retard. If you think's hes a "totally different player " to McLean then you haven't seen him play. Plays anywhere in centre midfield has a great left foot and takes set pieces. McLean is better in the air but Jorge is more mobile. Only seen him a few times for Peterborough but seen a lot of him at Lincoln the season before as they seemed to be on Sky nearly every second midweek. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-face-major-obstacle-in-move-for-peterborough-midfielder-jorge-grant-3731564  ----- i said above 750k was the price they were putting out.

I agree they wont get 750k for him but they will easily get half a million for him from a league 1 club, Cowley would like him at Pompey or possibly Blackpool now that Appleton has been made manager there as he was his manager at Blackpool. 

I know you are not in the the know. 

And if you were in the know you would know that his best position is in a number 10 role or wide left coming inside onto his right foot which is his stronger foot which certainly cant be said for Kenny.  this is from a few years ago but you will see he is very much right footed and he certainly doesnt use that "great left foot" very often. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You just want all bad news to be true so you're an easy catch 

I dont want it to be true... i want us to sign some good quality players. I don't want us signing Atlanta rejects... however with our history since the Atlanta link up i'd not be at all surpised if it was true.

2 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I dont want it to be true... i want us to sign some good quality players. I don't want us signing Atlanta rejects... however with our history since the Atlanta link up i'd not be at all surpised if it was true.

Therefore part of you wants it to be true so you can moan about it.