Summer 2022 Transfer Window

It is what it is. I wouldn't have signed him on loan and certainly not without an option to buy because we can all see how this is going to turn out. 

And for those that say "well he'll only miss 4 games". Aye the 4 fucking toughest games we'll play all season. Not to mention cup games if we draw them. Loan signings have their place but we shouldn't be loaning players from teams in the same league. Makes a mockery of everything for me. 

Don't have anything against Scales and he'll probably turn out to do very well for us but i just don't get why we'd weaken ourselves against them. Celtic have done it on purpose. Not because they think Scales will get into their team at some point. It's so we can develop him and they can reap the rewards. Greedy cunts. 

• Upvote 3
5 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

With Scales confirmed and an offer on the table for Stewart, I wonder if Gallagher is set to leave.

Obviously the arse cheeks wouldn't want him even as an emergency back up, I doubt Hearts or Hibs would be interested either, and of the rest in Scotland I couldn't envisage any of them being able to afford his wages (United probably could but won't). So we'd need to cover a big proportion of his wages if anyone else up here was interested. Under those circumstances I'd rather we just kept him for the remaining year of his contract....If we get another CH in other than Scales who keeps him out the side, fine, he'd be a reasonable if expensive back-up. 

I understand the pessimism on taking another loan from celtic.

However, they're not the only ones who can benefit from this. The league was so tight last year. We were a point off the top 6 and ended 2 wins away from a euro spot. Those fine margins bring in a lot more cash and give us European games to look forward to.

One solid defender last season could've made that difference.

You only need to look at Christie to see an example of how we've benefitted. Scored loads of important goals for us including a peach in Scottish Cup semi that got us to a final that we came so close in. Had celtic not been cheap with their John McGinn offer then Christie would've become a permanent signing for us

13 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

However, they're not the only ones who can benefit from this. The league was so tight last year. We were a point off the top 6 and ended 2 wins away from a euro spot. Those fine margins bring in a lot more cash and give us European games to look forward to.

You only need to look at Christie to see an example of how we've benefitted. Scored loads of important goals for us including a peach in Scottish Cup semi that got us to a final that we came so close in. Had celtic not been cheap with their John McGinn offer then Christie would've become a permanent signing for us

Don't forget the winner against us in a subsequent cup final ?

Scales - welcome aboard the good ship Goodwin. 

Tremendous news having a left sided centre half. Never expected Celtic to sell him with 4 years left on his contract. Unless he's absolutely outstanding for us I can't see Celtic wanting to keep him. Less time on his contract (usually) means a cheaper fee. 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Yes and when we played in that Scottish cup final one of our best players couldn’t play so we were already up against it. 

Nothing against the boy but if this was the exciting centre half Goodwin was talking about he needs his fucking head sorted. 

WE SHOULD NOT BE SIGNING PLAYERS ON LOAN FROM TEAMS IN OUR LEAGUE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, thurso said:

Nothing against the boy but if this was the exciting centre half Goodwin was talking about he needs his fucking head sorted. 

Well, its either Scales or Charlie Dunne. So take per pick, if you can contain your excitement.

Its all symantics though. Apparently. So I'm told.

Fuck, it's a right struggle supporting the Dons just now.

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

Love the out of the box thinking from the club...

Panic panic... oh eh... celtic can we develop someone for you again please?

'Here you go'.

2 seasons time... bullet header scottish cup final 93rd minute for Celtic, SCALES.

Ah fuck.

I retract the winning the league statement.

Scales is more Montgomery and less Christie so dont think we need to worry too much about him becoming a £1m+ player this season 

1 minute ago, Durrant Dived said:

Why would scales accept losing money from the current contract he is on? Someone would need to pay it and my guess is majority wouldnt be covered by celtic....???

That’s not how deals work I’m afraid.

If we offered Celtic £500,000 say since that’s what they payed for him and they accepted, we wouldn’t then have to pay him £1.6 million on top of the wages he was getting from us as he was about to loose that on his contract from Celtic. 

Would that mean next year when we took up the buying option he would expect £1.2 million on top of his wages 

Just now, minijc said:

If the club are capable of reading the room they'll announce two really good signing but I can't see it, hopefully have that by the end of the week though.

If the club are able to read the room they would do a raith rovers and send him back to his parent club sharpish with a feeble excuse on not to have him 

4 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Yes you replied to me first. Do you need reminding?

I only post emojis to mock you. You clearly don't understand that either.

I'm not engaging you anymore as you're obviously really fucking thick that you've missed two blatantly obvious pieces of sarcasm. Can't reason with a moron like you

I know what you tried & I simply baited  simple mind with a simple ploy to get another response after requesting me not to reply to him. 

?

Notice you have no comebacks for your calling another poster a weirdo for checking out your profile after doing the very same with me though ???

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

That’s not how deals work I’m afraid.

If we offered Celtic £500,000 say since that’s what they payed for him and they accepted, we wouldn’t then have to pay him £1.6 million on top of the wages he was getting from us as he was about to loose that on his contract from Celtic. 

Would that mean next year when we took up the buying option he would expect £1.2 million on top of his wages 

Would you not less the wages we offered from the original contract?

Ie 3 years left at celtic at 8k a week is 1.2m

3 year deal offered by us at say 4k a week is 600k. Maybe subtract the signing on fee of 150k too so scales would still be 450k out of pocket? 

Surely either he agrees to celtic paying him x amount less or its covered by the fee from the buying team??