Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Jesus min, take a day off. 

You were complaining incessantly about not having players in the door in time for the trip to Spain. 

Nowtheyve done that you're whinging about us not signing fantasy players for big money.  And demanding them today. 

Still the best part of a month before the league cup games start. 

Guessing thats aimed at me?

I've said i'm happy with the players signed (other than Scales but solely due to him being a loan signing from Celtic, but very few people seem to be overly impressed with that). They seem like solid signings with the potential to be good for the club.

I've also never said i want to sign fantasy players for big money or demanded them today, you are putting words in my mouth. I said hopefully today based on the fact we've announced signings the last 2 days, and that in order to make up for the disappointment of signing another loanee from Celtic it needs to be someone that'll get the fans back on side.

We still have so many players to get but we've made a start which is great.

FYI its 2 and a half weeks until the first league cup game.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/4444047/how-much-aberdeen-have-offered-for-odds-bk-striker-tobias-lauritsen-as-bojan-miovski-pursuit-hits-obstacle/

P&J suggesting that Sparta are the favourites for Lauritsen and Fehérvár FC are favourites for Miovski as they are managed by his former manager. Whether they actually know anything or whether they are just making assumptions is another thing.  

4 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/aberdeen-fc/4444047/how-much-aberdeen-have-offered-for-odds-bk-striker-tobias-lauritsen-as-bojan-miovski-pursuit-hits-obstacle/

P&J suggesting that Sparta are the favourites for Lauritsen and Fehérvár FC are favourites for Miovski as they are managed by his former manager. Whether they actually know anything or whether they are just making assumptions is another thing.  

If we're making players offers and they're either not willing to commit because they're holding off to see what other options are out there or are using our interest to try and get a better deal at another club then we need to pull the offers and move on.

• Upvote 1
37 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

I say keep Joe. With a better more organized defense in front of him, and more threat going forward ( hopefully) the pressure will be off a bit.

I thought his form picked up towards the end of the season.

Let's go and get a couple of attacking players.

I agree to an extent, he did look better towards the end of the season. I think his ball distribution and passing about with the defence has always been an issue however. Goodwin has apparently sold Scales to us by saying he plans to have us playing more on the deck. Not sure if that style suits Lewis.

11 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

If we're making players offers and they're either not willing to commit because they're holding off to see what other options are out there or are using our interest to try and get a better deal at another club then we need to pull the offers and move on.

Didnt Glass get criticised for doing that with McGrath last season?

1 minute ago, dazzy_deff said:

Didnt Glass get criticised for doing that with McGrath last season?

Maybe... i certainly never criticised him for it.

If a player is clearly using us to try and get a better offer elsewhere or holding out to see if a better team are interested then fuck them... move on to the next target.

35 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Yeah but you don't need to pull the offers. Just progress other targets and if someone else signs first then the offer gets pulled. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How many players do you think we need to negotiate the league cup group stages? 

A couple of attacking players, maybe? 

Plenty time. 

Yes, get a couple of good attacking players in and i would hope we'll be fine. Still need to get them in sooner rather than later though ideally.

8 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Yeah but you don't need to pull the offers. Just progress other targets and if someone else signs first then the offer gets pulled. 

Yeah i guess thats fair enough as long as that's what we are actually doing and we're not putting all our eggs in one basket (or 2) and waiting for these 2 to decide before potentially moving on to other targets.

23 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Yes, get a couple of good attacking players in and i would hope we'll be fine. Still need to get them in sooner rather than later though ideally.

Nae rush. 

3 weeks til the league cup starts 

About 5 or 6 weeks before the league starts 

And 10 weeks before the window (slams) shut 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Centre forward just for League Cup.

For the season; 

Keeper.    
Attacking mid.   
left wing.   
2 strikers.   
ideally a left back but unlikely & not priority. 

Same. Likelihood is we'll still be filling some gaps after the season starts, it's just the way things are these days. 

Could probably live without the keeper for now if there's no one decent available. I might change my mind after Joe's next blooper though. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae rush. 

3 weeks til the league cup starts 

About 5 or 6 weeks before the league starts 

And 10 weeks before the window (slams) shut 

I know some people jump on my posts as being negative no matter what i say, but i do agree,

I'm not advocating rushing in and signing players for the sake of it, but i also don't want us holding out until deadline day to see who's still available. Somewhere in the middle, ideally the vast majority of players in before the opening league game and 2 or 3 more before the first league cup game... preferably before we travel to Spain so they can be up to speed for the league cup games.

The reality is that we've let so many players go that we don't really have the option of playing the waiting game to get replacements in. Ferguson (and potentially still Ramirez) leaves, and we pick up a couple of injuries in pre season friendlies / early league cup games and our squad is threadbare.

I think and hope we might still see a couple more signings this week, and hopefully ones that put smiles on all our faces.

1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I agree to an extent, he did look better towards the end of the season. I think his ball distribution and passing about with the defence has always been an issue however. Goodwin has apparently sold Scales to us by saying he plans to have us playing more on the deck. Not sure if that style suits Lewis.

I think his form took a nose dive when he was made captain and we started fannying about at the back. He's always been a good shot stopper (although getting a lot more howlers than we used to) and has always commanded the penalty box well. Tends to catch a lot of crosses rather than punch them away like a wee shite bag.

If we're passing out from the back again next season, hopefully it's with more purpose than what Gallagher and Ramos did. And that should hopefully ease the pressure on Joe

• Upvote 1