Jump to content
blowupsheep

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Worst news in all this is that we'll have to put up with that cunt McGregor for a bit longer. Thought we were finally shot of him.

Edited by aberdeen1970
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That would be a cracking signing for a year or two. There is no chance Hearts would let him come to us surely? 

If we were to take Boyce and they replaced him with Shankland that alone should get Neilson the sack. 

I think they'd probably want a hefty fee. And he's 31. Does he suit the style Goodwin wants and has been talking about? High energy and high pressing? I don't think he does tbh. 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, so much for the aggressive centre half. 
Got bullied so often last season. 

Offload if we can & free up a decent wage for a winger or centre forward 

An absolute shite bag. 

Fuck knows how he got his reputation. 

Weegies are full of shite. 

  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If we were to take Boyce and they replaced him with Shankland that alone should get Neilson the sack. 

I think they'd probably want a hefty fee. And he's 31. Does he suit the style Goodwin wants and has been talking about? High energy and high pressing? I don't think he does tbh. 

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Maybe Hearts want Watkins too?

 

Edited by sooth_stander

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

If we were to take Boyce and they replaced him with Shankland that alone should get Neilson the sack. 

I think they'd probably want a hefty fee. And he's 31. Does he suit the style Goodwin wants and has been talking about? High energy and high pressing? I don't think he does tbh. 

Spoken to a couple of Hearts fans i know and they don't seem to worried (other than the fact they don't want to sell to a rival club), they seem to think moving him on to free up resources to bring someone better and younger in would be a very good thing for them. For that reason, unless he's a back up then its a no from me. If Hearts fans think they can get someone better and younger in then so can we.

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Maybe Hearts want Watkins too?

 

Watkins is nothing like a stereotypical hearts player, Gallagher is. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Spoken to a couple of Hearts fans i know and they don't seem to worried (other than the fact they don't want to sell to a rival club), they seem to think moving him on to free up resources to bring someone better and younger in would be a very good thing for them. For that reason, unless he's a back up then its a no from me. If Hearts fans think they can get someone better and younger in then so can we.

LOL

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Watkins is nothing like a stereotypical hearts player, Gallagher is.

Neilsen could reunite the Gallagher/Halkett Livvie central defensive duo if Gallagher ended up at Tynie.

Have they replaced Souttar yet?

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That would be a cracking signing for a year or two. There is no chance Hearts would let him come to us surely? 

Be similar to us taking Severin off the tinpot cunts

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, TheRedPrawcess said:

He scored plenty for Ross County to fall into the out and out goalscorer category surely? Was top scorer in the SPL his last season there was he not?

He was and then he joined Burton Albion over us because (in his words) he wanted to move to a higher level.

Share this post


Link to post
19 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Maybe Hearts want Watkins too?

 

More likely we've been phoning around to try and get shot of Gallagher

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Weird signing, if it happens. Boyce has never really been an out and out goalscorer, nor a target man, more of a number 10; an injury prone, ageing, one at that. We already have one of those, Watkins

Agree with earlier suggestions that maybe Hearts have enquired about Gallagher and we've said, okay, gie us Boyce.

Maybe Hearts want Watkins too?

 

He scored plenty for Ross County to fall into the out and out goalscorer category surely? Was top scorer in the SPL his last season there was he not?

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He was and then he joined Burton Albion over us because (in his words) he wanted to move to a higher level.

Was that not Michael O’Neill’s words? 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Zeus said:

👀

No signings today. A 'forward' signing tomorrow, make of that what you will

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post

Hopefully not Boyce that would come under the term lazy recruitment, and not in Goodwin range of 24-28 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Hopefully not Boyce that would come under the term lazy recruitment, and not in Goodwin range of 24-28 

Stewart didn't fall into that range either 

Share this post


Link to post

Boyce would be a good signing. Moves off the ball well. Plus he scored 16 last season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, muttonhumper said:

Career stats would certainly suggest as much.

 

spacer.png

Boyce is a good player at this level, and he will score goals in a decent team. I wouldn't be distraught if we signed him - in fact if it was some kind of swap for Gallagher, I'd be delighted.

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

He scored plenty for Ross County to fall into the out and out goalscorer category surely? Was top scorer in the SPL his last season there was he not?

Career stats would certainly suggest as much.

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty good goalscoring record wherever he's been to be fair to the lad 

Share this post


Link to post
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Stewart didn't fall into that range either 

True and he is 29 and an unknown , but Boyce isn’t He isn’t a regular scorer wrong side of thirty and goodwin did say he’d prefer younger players the experience is the 24-28 maybe 1 or 2 29/30 to play the higher pressing game and for the fitness levels he is looking , in he didn’t say that I’ll hold my hands up , but I’m 99% sure he said that in his hunter interview 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Baaaaa heid said:

True and he is 29 and an unknown , but Boyce isn’t He isn’t a regular scorer wrong side of thirty and goodwin did say he’d prefer younger players the experience is the 24-28 maybe 1 or 2 29/30 to play the higher pressing game and for the fitness levels he is looking , in he didn’t say that I’ll hold my hands up , but I’m 99% sure he said that in his hunter interview 

I'd rather bring someone younger but saying he's not a regular goalscorer just isn't true.  Scored goals wherever he's been. 

200 career goals in 450 games is not to be sniffed at. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd rather bring someone younger but saying he's not a regular goalscorer just isn't true.  Scored goals wherever he's been. 

200 career goals in 450 games is not to be sniffed at. 

Ramirez scores the same amount as him last season and are fans went nuts because he couldn’t find the net in the second half of the season, I just think after saying we are casting are net wide but end up with a guy that is the wrong side of 30/31 that knocked us back before he went to Burton is lazy recruitment 

Edited by Baaaaa heid

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

No signings today. A 'forward' signing tomorrow, make of that what you will

When this man posts, we listen. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Ramirez scores the same amount as him last season and are fans went nuts because he couldn’t find the net in the second half of the season you think he can do better because I can’t 

I think he could offer a few other attributes that Ramirez comes up a bit short on.

Would rather have Boyce for sure.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, muttonhumper said:

I think he could offer a few other attributes that Ramirez comes up a bit short on.

Would rather have Boyce for sure.

I wouldn’t want Boyce period he knocked us back years ago he is 31 at the Tail end of his career I think we can do better 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Baaaaa heid said:

I wouldn’t want Boyce period he knocked us back years ago he is 31 at the Tail end of his career I think we can do better 

It’s not a bad signing on a 2 year deal as long as we can get a younger keener back up

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, Baaaaa heid said:

Ramirez scores the same amount as him last season and are fans went nuts because he couldn’t find the net in the second half of the season you think he can do better because I can’t 

I'd certainly hope we would be looking for more of a "marquee" striker signing if we signed Boyce. He won't put arses on seats. I still have to be convinced that 1/ this is actually true and 2/ he fits into Goodwins style of play. Lauritsen and Miovski certainly seem more suitable signings but i guess we'll see. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...