Summer 2022 Transfer Window

20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Or Ramirez will be allowed to walk away when we get a replacement and its:

Bojan, New, Loanee, Harvey

Ramirez released, loaned or nominal fee

Harvey is nowhere near ready.

with Ramirez, I think he’ll being given a free transfer if he agrees to rip up his remaining contract.

8 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Oh ya , another potential signing 

let it be hladky , obviously the more exciting signings may come much later in the window 

Ronan, McGrath, lauritsen 

but overall happy on how the squad is progressing 

Lauritsen looks tricky now with him and his team-mate being in Rotterdam. Sparta have made a bit of deal about it on Twitter. Think that ship has sailed. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Lauritsen looks tricky now with him and his team-mate being in Rotterdam. Sparta have made a bit of deal about it on Twitter. Think that ship has sailed. 

Goodwin has said next striker coming in will be a youngster and possible loan, lauritsen is dead in water nah?

1 minute ago, DandyDonside said:

Lauritsen is 100% dead in the water. Jackson Conway is still a strong possibility, but now having doubts about the chances he’ll get in first team. 

Ronan waiting until later in window before deciding. He’s waiting for a bigger club. Time will tell if he gets one 

If they aren't committed then we should just look elsewhere rather than wait and see only for them to sign for someone else in a few months

18 minutes ago, Dave Bus said:

Goodwin has said next striker coming in will be a youngster and possible loan, lauritsen is dead in water nah?

I'm guessing he said that because right now he is either planning on Ramirez being here or not giving away the fact he'll be gone. If Ramirez goes i'd expect an experienced striker to come in. If he stays then yeah a youngster. 

But the key thing now has to be a no10, winger and a keeper. 

3 minutes ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Not true, you were pissing yourself weeks ago, this thread was full of it.

I am more than happy with the way things are shaping up, keep up the great work.

You mean when we hadn’t made any signings or at most 1? Read my comment… ‘I’m happy with the signings’… we’ve now made signings and I’m happy. Is it really that hard to understand?

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

You mean when we hadn’t made any signings or at most 1? Read my comment… ‘I’m happy with the signings’… we’ve now made signings and I’m happy. Is it really that hard to understand?

It was only last weekend you were still panicking on an hourly basis though. 

Worrying about whether we would have new signings for the Buckie game or the trip to Spain. 

Squad is shaping up nicely a few more attacking players and a keeper should do it, hopefully ngwenya kicks on and proves to be a useful addition as left back, or at least pushes mckenzie to be better, mioski signing has got me excited, bring on the title COYR

11 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Just because you recently posted ‘I’m happy with the signings’, doesn't detract from your utter pants pishing posts from around 10 days ago.

Nice try with the 'is it really that hard to understand'

Not really sure you do though.

But you have said it now, such a clever boy!

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Think Goodwin runs with a very tight ship, him and Sharp do all the coaching and training shit themselves. Did see Simmie overseeing matters, however. No sign of Robson in any pre season stuff I’ve seen

Worries me a wee bit. Obviously we aren't going to be like the OF and have 8/9 coaches outwith manager but Goodwin and Sharpe maybe have good tactics etc but its a different skill to improve a player. I had imagined we would have around 4/5 coaches outwith the manager ;

GK Coach

Attacking Coach

Defensive Coach

Fitness Coach 

Tactical Coach (which could be manager and/or assistant)

JG may be a good manager, but struggle to think of players he's improved in a noticeable way. He's signed ready made players mostly and the younger players seem to stagnate a wee bit like Erhahon and MacAllister.

22 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

Lauritsen is 100% dead in the water. Jackson Conway is still a strong possibility, but now having doubts about the chances he’ll get in first team. 

Ronan waiting until later in window before deciding. He’s waiting for a bigger club. Time will tell if he gets one 

I think Dave Cormack has sent you to appease the fans with frustration building. Strange this account starts the week the deals start getting completed and you know. Thanks Dave ? 

23 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

Conway as third striker is fine. I would not be expecting a third striker to get the minutes that Jack Gurr ended up with as we had no defenders and Ramsay wasn't fit for every minute of every game. It's probable he is on the same level though... done pretty decent in the reserves for Atlanta but got no where near the first team.

14 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

I'm guessing he said that because right now he is either planning on Ramirez being here or not giving away the fact he'll be gone. If Ramirez goes i'd expect an experienced striker to come in. If he stays then yeah a youngster. 

But the key thing now has to be a no10, winger and a keeper. 

Ramirez has to stay on until an experienced striker ready to be involved in every game is signed.

We've probably got a gentleman's agreement with him that we'll aim to sort that during the MLS window (July 7th - August 4th).

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Worries me a wee bit. Obviously we aren't going to be like the OF and have 8/9 coaches outwith manager but Goodwin and Sharpe maybe have good tactics etc but its a different skill to improve a player. I had imagined we would have around 4/5 coaches outwith the manager ;

GK Coach

Attacking Coach

Defensive Coach

Fitness Coach 

Tactical Coach (which could be manager and/or assistant)

We just don't need that amount of first team coaches at a club our size. 

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Conway as third striker is fine. I would not be expecting a third striker to get the minutes that Jack Gurr ended up with as we had no defenders and Ramsay wasn't fit for every minute of every game. It's probable he is on the same level though... done pretty decent in the reserves for Atlanta but got no where near the first team.

Ramirez has to stay on until an experienced striker ready to be involved in every game is signed.

We've probably got a gentleman's agreement with him that we'll aim to sort that during the MLS window (July 7th - August 4th).

He no made 11 first team appearances, 1 goal? 

3 minutes ago, DandyDonside said:

Lauritsen will be announced as a Sparta Rotterdam player, if not tonight, then certainly by end of play tomorrow. This is a fact. Confirmed.

Fine by me. Seems like we got the better player anyway. And i'm guessing the money we had bid for Lauritsen probably went towards securing Miovski. But if it didn't then lets use it and get a proper quality '10' in. 

Hladky should be a no brainer if we can get him for 100k aswell. 

5 minutes ago, Don Fonte said:

We pulled out of the Lauritsen deal when it became apparent Miovski had agreed to sign.  Lauritsen was always second choice.

Great transfer work from the club.

Nah we were definitely after both, and they are different types of players - although obviously we are going to mostly play one up front.