blowupsheep

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

54 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Wouldn't be so sure about that. Results prior to him being sacked were appalling, and we scored 1 goal in 2 months or something daft. 

And yet we still qualified for Europe 

24 minutes ago, DandyDon80 said:

I am a big fan of Mcinnes but we never actually qualified for Europe, just the qualifying rounds. I honestly think that Goodwins achievements will surpass Mcinnes if he is given time. 

So all these games against teams from foreign countries the length and breadth of Continental Europe were just pre-season friendlies then.

Strange that the SPFL allow the teams who ,presumably, elect to play these friendlies to bypass the group stages of the League Cup. Seems a bit unfair. 

3 minutes ago, redone said:

So all these games against teams from foreign countries the length and breadth of Continental Europe were just pre-season friendlies then.

Strange that the SPFL allow the teams who ,presumably, elect to play these friendlies to bypass the group stages of the League Cup. Seems a bit unfair. 

I know we finished in a league position which would allow us to qualify for the competition but we never made it to the knock out stages under Mcinnes. We came close on a few occasions but didn't get there. But yes, you could argue that we qualified for Europe 

25 minutes ago, Zeus said:

👀

Just checked the weather, fine day the morn, indeed. 

25 minutes ago, Zeus said:

👀

'I must buy better clothing'

Lips are sealed 

52 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Did we not find him at a minutes notice when Cerny got a career ender? So that was probably well played by the recruitment team. Extending his contract not once but twice is the bit that is a massive fuck up

Oldham were on the bones of there arse and they needed rid of a few players asap, we needed a keeper and we got Woods pretty cheap, he was seen as a reliable enough 2nd choice keeper, I suppose he served a purpose as a cheap alternative that was never needed really.

Posted (edited)

I imagine a younger and longer term solution to the goalkeeper position would be something we look at some point in the next few season, but it's not urgent when Hladky should last several seasons.

Tom Ritchie could be that.

Edited by shinniesta1

1 hour ago, thurso said:

Even joe Lewis is younger than both Edinburgh goalies. 

I just feel if we are going to sign a goalie it should be a good younger goalie mid to late 20s. Hladky is barely 3 years younger than Lewis so we will probably have the same problem in 2 years time. Might as well go with joe than sign someone else and put Ritchie in in a year or so since he’s so highly thought of. I’d even be inclined to give Ritchie a game in the league cup groups to see how he gets on 

I wouldn't be too averse to that at all. 

But overall think he'd be best to go out and get some first team experience ideally at SFL1 level or maybe Norn Irn Premiership so he gets toughened up. I'm still not convinced he'd be ready to take over as number 1 next season but continue his progress and in 2 years he should be ready to step up. Of course in the interim we'd need to get him tied up on a long term contract to safeguard against him fucking off either cheaply or free.

As others have said, I'm not overly convinced that Hladky would be a massive upgrade on Lewis but I think overall he shades it ability wise and at least isn't a liability with he ball at his feet like Joe is. There's a chance of saving ourselves a bit of cash by bringing him in and trying to offload Lewis, but even if Joe decided to sit out the remaining 2 years of his contract at worst they'd surely push one another to ensure whoever has the jersey is motivated to perform at their best in order to keep it.

Is Ritchie not just back from some sort of serious injury?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Is Ritchie not just back from some sort of serious injury?

Yeah. Had glowing references from his time at Huntly. Shame the injury ended it. I guess the GK position is 1 that its a little harder to tell how they would do at a higher level. Its not like outfield positions where its easier to see if they are a stand out or not.

Edited by slippers

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, minijc said:

Non ITK contact, originally from Norwich, fairly confident that Hladky will be signing for Dons either today/tomorrow latest, if the banter with his Tractor Boy pal is anything to go by.

If true, like the competition being created in defence.

Edited by BaaBaaRedSheep
  • Upvote 1

The long term GK prospect is more likely Blessing Oluyemi. Youth international and meant to be very good. 

I have been impressed by the signings so far (apart from the Scales nonesense of not having a buy option) but the lack of creative players to actual create chances needs to be addressed before praise can be heaped on the club.

43 minutes ago, minijc said:

But no flag? 

49 minutes ago, DandyDon80 said:

I know we finished in a league position which would allow us to qualify for the competition but we never made it to the knock out stages under Mcinnes. We came close on a few occasions but didn't get there. But yes, you could argue that we qualified for Europe 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

But no flag? 

This one isn't worthy of a flag, big Toby was as his play reminded me of the person my account is named after, John Carew.

Edited by minijc

31 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

The long term GK prospect is more likely Blessing Oluyemi. Youth international and meant to be very good. 

Thats a blessing in disguise 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

That's why I said you could argue, I'm standing by my argument haha 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

This one isn't worthy of a flag, big Toby was as his play reminded me of the person my account is named after, John Carew.

I’ll czech back tomorrow then 👍🏻

11 minutes ago, Rico1903 said:

I’ll czech back tomorrow then 👍🏻

Nice one mate

• Upvote 1

Might be a surprise in store about who the keeper is.

Dependent on medical of course.

6 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

Leighton 😳

Sounds like Ipswich have upped the asking price based on the Ramsay deal.

I think we should be prepared to publicly" go shopping for other targets and see if they rethink.

If Hladky wants first team football he'll be knocking on the managers door asking for them to do the deal.

18 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

Its Jamie Isnt it????

• Haha 1