Summer 2022 Transfer Window

19 minutes ago, minijc said:

Disagree, Lewis has his issues but for me proved in the last quarter of the season that he is still capable of producing at a good level in this league.  

OMG. I actually agree here. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Also, think he'd make a good coach. You'll always get good shot stoppers, it's instinctual and I'm not sure how much of that you can teach. Bit Joe used to be so commanding of his area and caught everything. That you can teach

• Dildo 1
27 minutes ago, minijc said:

Disagree, Lewis has his issues but for me proved in the last quarter of the season that he is still capable of producing at a good level in this league.  

Well he'll likely have the next games to keep hold of the jersey

36 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

I think we need two keepers of similar ability who can push each other.  Joe's best season was arguably when he had Neil Alexander competing for the first team jersey. 

When we had Cech as back up I didn't worry when Joe was injured because there was someone decent to step in.

We need another keeper at least as good as Joe is, preferable better.

Send Ritchie out on loan to gain experience and develop

No we don’t we just need one good competent keeper. Having another of similar ability is just a waste of the budget when one will never play. 

59 minutes ago, thurso said:

No we don’t we just need one good competent keeper. Having another of similar ability is just a waste of the budget when one will never play. 

You and I will just have to agree to disagree there.  You need at least two good players for every position because they will push each other to excel, plus we need to cover for suspensions and injuries.  A player who knows he has no competition knows he doesn't have to fight for his place. 

• Upvote 1

Seems a bit daft to intentionally scrimp to have a shite back up keeper if you can afford a better one. 

As others have said, the competition should improve general performance as well as reducing risk if your first choice loses form/gets injured/gets sent off and suspended. 

At least a decent back up will keep you competitive if he's called upon. 

• Upvote 2

Lewis is more than capable and for me still deserves to be number one. Any keeper playing behind that back line last year would have struggled. The hesitancy of the central pairing, the initial high pressing full backs Glass persisted with which left the defence hopelessly exposed and basic errors all left Lewis basically fucked. 

Get a settled back 4, a competent centre half pairing and Joe will be back to his best in no time.

• Upvote 1

No swap for Charles Dunne, he is god awful. I'd rather we paid off Gallagher and just cut our losses, or loaned him to St Mirren with them covering 75% of his wage. If it was a loan would mean they don't have to pay him a signing fee so could afford more in wages. I'd rather see one of the youngsters sit on the bench and be the 5th choice centre half than Dunne be it.

6 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

If Gallagher goes that leaves Watkins and Ramirez  as the only signings remaining from our summer 2021 window.

Gallagher and Watkins are arguably McInnes signings, so that would leave Ramirez as Glass's only summer signing left, and I suspect he'll be gone pretty soon.

Ah summer 2021 transfer window.... the one where Russ Richardson was on gardening leave and Darren Mowbray was still working his notice