Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

On loan, aye.

Good move for him. Old Skool manager who will “educate” the ex Fulham stopper.

Sounds like Dick plans to play him left wing or left back. I thought he always played Centre back for us but i see it was left back or left mid he played when at Stirling. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3432810/arbroath-sign-winger-loan-aberdeen/

4 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Opportunities really. I’d love to tell them all who we’ve been talking to, really impressive stuff from the team. 

"I can't say who they are, where they're from or when we can expect to see them. What I can guarantee though is that as soon as the club announces a new signing I'll pretend I was ITK all along"

• Haha 1
22 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Sounds like Dick plans to play him left wing or left back. I thought he always played Centre back for us but i see it was left back or left mid he played when at Stirling. 

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/3432810/arbroath-sign-winger-loan-aberdeen/

Played right back for us up at Buckie on Saturday but you could see he was taking the ball on his left side. Played really well

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

The squad can't be completely revamped as we want it in 1 window. The club have done really well so far i think but for me we need a proper number 10, a winger and a LB. Ideally all permanently. Then i'd happily have a young striker on loan dependent on what haplens with Ramirez. 

The club are obviously still knocking their pan in trying to get players. I suspect Ronan may end up being a loan and if anything he probably won't arrive anytime soon if Wolves want to look at him first.

Totally agree it will take more than 1 window to get proper competition in the squad.

But if we only sign 1 more player I'd be worried about the season ahead, we've made a good start of what is a big rebuild job but will need to add a several more imo.

The squad is still very small and too reliant on a number of players who've underperformed in the past and should be squad fillers at most until we can move them on or run down contracts.

4 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Totally agree it will take more than 1 window to get proper competition in the squad.

But if we only sign 1 more player I'd be worried about the season ahead, we've made a good start of what is a big rebuild job but will need to add a several more imo.

The squad is still very small and too reliant on a number of players who've underperformed in the past and should be squad fillers at most until we can move them on or run down contracts.

We need at very least a creative midfielder, winger and another striker. 

2 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

That’s the Fartz signed the attacking midfielder from Peterborough. You’d think that’s them out if the running for Ronan?

Personally I think Grant is a first XI signing so don't think we'll be spending big for his understudy. And can't see both starting. Although Grant played wide left at Lincoln. And can play deeper. Ronan is out and out attacking number 10. So maybe. Kickback says we're in still. But also we're not. Who knows. Glad to help. 

Still think we are weakest down the left, McKenzie has a first touch Darren Mackie would be ashamed of and is too injury prone, dont think Nweynga is good enough yet and Hayes cant be expected to play every minute. A new LB,LW and AM would get us through to January IMO.

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

Wolves have already made their minds up that Ronan is persona non grata haven't they?

Not according to various sites this morning, including the Retard.

Story they're putting out is that the Wolves manager wants to take a look at him in pre-season training before making a final decision on his future. Also seemed to be implying that if they were to let him go, it'd be as a loan. 

7 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Still think our we are weakest down the left, McKenzie has a first touch Darren Mackie would be ashamed of and is too injury prone, dont think Nweynga is good enough yet and Hayes cant be expected to play every minute. A new LB,LW and AM would get us through to January IMO.

Looks like someone misspelled zoomer when signing up.

Just now, starryfish said:

Wonder if we’d be in for Darragh Burns. Wide attacking midfielder, probably the best prospect in Ireland right now, contract is up in November. Another Young up and coming prospect.

Reported the tims and Hibs in for him, might just be lazy journalism seeing as he's Irish.

A player who i reckon we could be looking at as a possibility of signing on loan would be Elliot Anderson from Newcastle. Young player with huge potential, he can play up front, left midfield, attacking midfield. Went on loan to Bristol Rovers in Jan and was another level from those he was up against.

Eddie Howe has said he wants him to do pre-season with them before he decides whether to let him out on loan again. There are reported to be lots championships and league 1 clubs also interested in loaning him and Barton wants him back at Bristol after they got promoted to League 1. He made a comparison that he had similarities to Maradona in the box and thinks he will go on to be a star for Newcastle. England u21's are trying to get him to ditch us so shows how highly rated he is.

With the signings the toon are making i dont think he will get starts with them and not convinced he will get guaranteed game time in the championship so a move up here might be an option to compete with going out to league 1.

The only worry would be that Ameobi who is the loans manager at Newcastle will have blacklisted us after we didn't give Matty Longstaff minutes when we realised he was sh#te.

But if we could convince Ameobi and Anderson to come up here would be a good move, i think he would be superb signing and exactly the exciting type of player we need. Someone who gets fans of their seat, Scores goals, and provides assists but also works hard. He played for the  Scotland under 21's against Belgium and linked very well with Connor Barron. 

• Like 1