Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The Morelos one is particularly bad contract management presumably they end up with between £5M and £10M compared to some of the numbers banded about in previous windows. Also having paid over £1M for him.

Kent is more understandable because they spent £6M on him and there is a sell on clause so they were kind of backed in to a corner with previous bids

Surely should be posted under transfer news for inferior clubs or the Sevco Thread,  which would be scrapped if up to me.

This thread should be for transfer rumours relating to the Famous Aberdeen,  nothing else!

• Upvote 4
5 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Surely should be posted under transfer news for inferior clubs or the Sevco Thread,  which would be scrapped if up to me.

This thread should be for transfer rumours relating to the Famous Aberdeen,  nothing else!

Oops. Feel free to move Modos

2 hours ago, Hemmin said:

Hello minijc, I hope all is well. 

I am a reader of this fine forum and tend not to post often. Sadly I am not as you say “in the know”. Anyway I was hoping you could help. You seem to have a bit of a fan base (albeit minimal) and I was wondering when you became (self proclaimed) “in the know”? The only time I have noticed you putting your “ITK” self into action was with a Norwegian flag. Presumably that was for the Norwegian who rejected us last week? Every other time is piggybacking on someone else’s exclusive.

You may well only share your vast knowledge with a select few but I can’t help the constant reference to yourself as the man “ITK” is quite cringeworthy, with minimal end product (sounds like I was summing up last season for the team).

If you’ve made it this far, I thank you for your time.

Kind Regards

Excellent post. I also like your hill at Wimbeldon

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
38 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

And that's just the guy who posted it because there's no mention anywhere of this. And Goodwin has himself said the next striker will be an on loan youngster. 

I think Goodwin has been known to tell a few porkies to throw people of the scent of what is actually happening 

26 minutes ago, thurso said:

An attacking midfielder should be the first signing hopefully get one before to long 

Agreed we need some creative influence in the team, I think we won't concede much this season, it's going to be scoring that going to be the issue if we can't get a creative player in though the journalist that spoke on the ABZ podcast said that Milovski can play a no10 role. 

12 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Agreed we need some creative influence in the team, I think we won't concede much this season, it's going to be scoring that going to be the issue if we can't get a creative player in though the journalist that spoke on the ABZ podcast said that Milovski can play a no10 role. 

To put things in context, peak McGinn and Hayes were getting about 9 to 12 assists each in the league as well as a heap of goals. 

None of our squad managed more than 4 across all competitions last season (albeit i don't have the stats for Miovski and Richardson). That's a massive gulf. 

41 minutes ago, thurso said:

I think Goodwin has been known to tell a few porkies to throw people of the scent of what is actually happening 

I took the throwing folk off the scent bit to be aye the third striker will be a young loanee and missing out the bit that i'll get shot of Ramirez and replace him

Sunderland 'trial' for ex-Dons kid

Former Aberdeen youngster Jack MacIver is set to be handed a trial by Sunderland.

The 18-year old has departed Pittodrie after his contract expires and he's been training with Sheffield Wednesday.

But the Sunderland Echo are reporting that MacIver is set to be given a chance to show Alex Neil what he can do at the Stadium of Light.

The report claims several clubs across England and Scotland are keen to sign the youngster.

Aberdeen will be due compensation for their former academy starlet.

Can't say I've even heard of him, what position did he play? Reading between the lines did he reject a new deal or did we release him?

27 minutes ago, minijc said:

Keep pretending bud and I'll keep sharing what I know with the believers.

Pretending what? You never posted anything on here that showed you knew anything.

If you sent PMs to your wee pals then fair enough but seen nothing on here. So no you've not shown me up

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
11 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Pretending what? You never posted anything on here that showed you knew anything.

If you sent PMs to your wee pals then fair enough but seen nothing on here. So no you've not shown me up

Mini is very much the one with his finger on the pulse, actually 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Zorba said:
Sunderland 'trial' for ex-Dons kid

Former Aberdeen youngster Jack MacIver is set to be handed a trial by Sunderland.

The 18-year old has departed Pittodrie after his contract expires and he's been training with Sheffield Wednesday.

But the Sunderland Echo are reporting that MacIver is set to be given a chance to show Alex Neil what he can do at the Stadium of Light.

The report claims several clubs across England and Scotland are keen to sign the youngster.

Aberdeen will be due compensation for their former academy starlet.

Can't say I've even heard of him, what position did he play? Reading between the lines did he reject a new deal or did we release him?

If we are due compensation we must have offered him a deal.

8 minutes ago, Zorba said:

i wasn't sure if we would be due a training fee for an under 21 regardless, but i'll bow to your superior knowledge.

Think how clubs could hold players to ransom if that was the case. You need to offer a player at least equal contract to what they are currently on to be due compensation; ie ethan Ross last year when he rejected the deal.