Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Think letting Ramirez leave is a good thing. He is clearly not wanting to be here, so cash in on him & get in 3 strikers. As for Watkins, well he can go for as well for me. 

30 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That's sowing the seed for some Woods/Gallagher treatment in 4-5 weeks.

I'm starting to think we are not going to see a transfer fee for him. It feels like if someone was happy to part with $300k or something there would have been more rumblings.

He was training with a side in the US that are not even Gurr/Glass level

With him being on a lucrative contract with a yr to run, surely the best case scenario for us is that he tears up the remaining yr in exchange for a free transfer?

Any notion of a transfer fee is fanciful 

Just now, sooth_stander said:

With him being on a lucrative contract with a yr to run, surely the best case scenario for us is that he tears up the remaining yr in exchange for a free transfer?

Aye ive realised that now he's put on a heap of weight. I had been hoping he might get to the MLS but alas he's going to Beavertown Beavers or such

16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

3 strikers all new.

Jet, Watkins and Ramirez all doon the road

Would take that, fresh start for the new season. Not convince it'll happen though.

5 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Surely if they were going to tear up his contract in return for a free transfer they'd have done it at the end of last season or at the very least before he flew back to Aberdeen. The fact he's here, he played against Buckie and went to Spain for the training camp makes me think he's going to be with us next season and see out his contract. I'd be surprised if any more players go now other than Ferguson.

3 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Would take that, fresh start for the new season. Not convince it'll happen though.

Surely if they were going to tear up his contract in return for a free transfer they'd have done it at the end of last season or at the very least before he flew back to Aberdeen. The fact he's here, he played against Buckie and went to Spain for the training camp makes me think he's going to be with us next season and see out his contract. I'd be surprised if any more players go now other than Ferguson.

Watkins is not a striker.

Miosvki does not have a work permit.

Harvey is 16/17.

Would have been utter madness to release Ramirez before getting 2 in the door.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

The MLS window doesn't open until something like the 9th of July. So if the plan is for him to go back there then of course we'll take him on our pre season trip  as he's still our main striker since Miivski's visa etc isn't sorted yet. I suspsct once the MLS window opens he'll end up back at Minnesota for a small fee just to get his wages off the bill. 

2 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

The next striker in the door is probably gonna be a young loanee if I remember goodwin's comments correctly.

We just really really need a creative number 10 or something similar so I am hoping that its all going on behind the scenes

All football managers play with the media when it comes to transfer business.

Anything they say should be taken with a pinch of salt, rather than as gospel

1 minute ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

The next striker in the door is probably gonna be a young loanee if I remember goodwin's comments correctly.

We just really really need a creative number 10 or something similar so I am hoping that its all going on behind the scenes

Logic would tell us that that is indeed going on behind the scenes.

I am expecting a significant phase 2 to our summer recruitment,  especially if Ferguson is sold relatively soon to assist the financing of the caliber of players we clearly need.

Normally a rebuild requires 2 or 3 windows to bed in but Glass/Cormack made such a mess of things last season that this window has to be concentrated on big style. 

9 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

All football managers play with the media when it comes to transfer business.

Anything they say should be taken with a pinch of salt, rather than as gospel

He was probably just bending the truth here.

I'll go with three strikers; 2 senior and 1 young lad on loan. Missing the biggest point being he'll bin Ramirez and replace him.

28 minutes ago, Yerdas Selzavon said:

That was Goodwin more than likely basing that on Ramirez staying put. If he's off then i'd expect an experienced striker in the door. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Watkins is not a striker.

Miosvki does not have a work permit.

Harvey is 16/17.

Would have been utter madness to release Ramirez before getting 2 in the door.

I guess so but if thats the case then it would also be utter madness to let him go now unless we have a good quality goalscorer lined up to replace him. Maybe indicates that we'll have some news on that front soon.

25 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I guess so but if thats the case then it would also be utter madness to let him go now unless we have a good quality goalscorer lined up to replace him. Maybe indicates that we'll have some news on that front soon.

Nobody is saying we'll let him go until the 2-3 strikers are in the door.

It's just planting the seed today