Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Funny how you are sniffing your nose up at a Premier league owned player and a championship owned player when we just finished fucking 10/12. Give your head a shake we aren't as attractive as you might think....

Holy shit,  you're not joking. What does it mattter who owns them Look past the hype.

Ronan has had one decent season and might be worth a punt, in the hope that last season was things finally falling into place for him. 

But McGrath is just not effective. 3 assists in the league in the 2 seasons of football!!  He can take a penalty but that's not a problem we need to solve. He’s been found out at Wigan. Sure a Championship club owns him, but i bet they wish they dont.  

2 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Holy shit,  you're not joking. What does it mattter who owns them Look past the hype.

Ronan has had one decent season and might be worth a punt, in the hope that last season was things finally falling into place for him. 

But McGrath is just not effective. 3 assists in the league in the 2 seasons of football!!  He can take a penalty but that's not a problem we need to solve. He’s been found out at Wigan. Sure a Championship club owns him, but i bet they wish they dont.  

I'm not even hyping these players up I'm saying they are realistic targets who we most likely will end up with. Whilst you are going on about some boy from Holland who's just joined a Serie B team instead of us. Pie in the sky stuff ??

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I'm not even hyping these players up I'm saying they are realistic targets who we most likely will end up with. Whilst you are going on about some boy from Holland who's just joined a Serie B team instead of us. Pie in the sky stuff ??

Aye fair enough, maybe Neimeijer was pie the sky - I mentioned him because we'd been linked on here. But surely we can do better than McGrath.  

Id take Ronan, but we need someone who can create. You indicate that these guys are our level we're fishing at, however we got Miovski.  Why can't we also get the attacking midfield/winger version of Miovski rather than a couple of guys Jim knows from St Mirren?

7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye fair enough, maybe Neimeijer was pie the sky - I mentioned him because we'd been linked on here. But surely we can do better than McGrath.  

Id take Ronan, but we need someone who can create. You indicate that these guys are our level we're fishing at, however we got Miovski.  Why can't we also get the attacking midfield/winger version of Miovski rather than a couple of guys Jim knows from St Mirren?

I'm not saying Miovski won't be a good capture but he is from a relegated team in the league of Hungary - not any better standard wise than our league. 

Think there has to be a balance on the amount of foreign risks, especially in one transfer window. Ronan/mcgrath are at least known to our league. 

11 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

I'm not saying Miovski won't be a good capture but he is from a relegated team in the league of Hungary - not any better standard wise than our league. 

Think there has to be a balance on the amount of foreign risks, especially in one transfer window. Ronan/mcgrath are at least known to our league. 

Of all the players signed so far only Scales has any experience of Scottish football, and that's only a few games. I'm enjoying the unknown players from Europe and down south as much as everyone, but we could do with a couple of signings who know Scottish game. That's not lazy recruitment, just sensible.

• Upvote 1

There will be plenty irons In the fire I'd guess but maybe players need to come into one club to let another leave, I would be surprised if we don't go anywhere near Ronan or McGrath and we have our eye on some others that ain't been mentioned on here....like the majority of signing so far! 

42 minutes ago, Peedie1 said:

Goodwin said yesterday we are looking at 20 or so different players,  I believe since we have scales no need to go for another Cb...maybe old rumour that agents trying to promote

Not so sure about that, its not like we came into the close season thinking "we've a great defence, just need to add 1 left footed CB and we're done there"

Although we've added a right CB and right FB both were replacements for "first 11" players who've left.

2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Of all the players signed so far only Scales has any experience of Scottish football, and that's only a few games. I'm enjoying the unknown players from Europe and down south as much as everyone, but we could do with a couple of signings who know Scottish game. That's not lazy recruitment, just sensible.

Good post min 

7 hours ago, Peedie1 said:

Goodwin said yesterday we are looking at 20 or so different players,  I believe since we have scales no need to go for another Cb...maybe old rumour that agents trying to promote

We need another left sided CH for sure. Not just for Celtic games but for season. 
Defence is still threadbare ffs

11 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Does it really matter playing a righty on the left? Never seems to bother most football teams who play a flat back 4. If it a back 3, could understand the thinking.

Is it not moreso down to the limitations of David Bates, that he couldn't handle playing on the left?

It didn't work out too well for us last season with Bates playing on the left...

Most on here think it's because Bates is just shite and would have been every bit as bad if he had been playing on the right. Goodwin seems to disagree though.

I think it's better all round to have a natural lefty playing LCH

If we are going to run with a 22 man squad as Goodwin has said.

If we are going to keep Milne and Duncan as first team players as Goodwin has said.

If we are going to sell Ramirez and Ferguson.

If we are going to loan out Hancock, Ritchie, Towler and Ngwenya amongst others.

If we are going to keep Watkins, McLennan, Kennedy etc.

Then it's 5 signings to come in.

16 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

If we are going to run with a 22 man squad as Goodwin has said.

If we are going to keep Milne and Duncan as first team players as Goodwin has said.

If we are going to sell Ramirez and Ferguson.

If we are going to loan out Hancock, Ritchie, Towler and Ngwenya amongst others.

If we are going to keep Watkins, McLennan, Kennedy etc.

Then it's 5 signings to come in.

would be ok with that scenario. The 5 in to be Ramirez replacement , Ferguson replacement , a winger , attacking mid and a proper left back

• Upvote 2
12 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Think there has to be a balance on the amount of foreign risks, especially in one transfer window. Ronan/mcgrath are at least known to our league

Not just known to our league , but known very well by our manager.  I’d be disappointed in Goodwin if he didn’t try to get these guys to sign for us because of possible cliched perception of lazy recruitment.

15 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

would be ok with that scenario. The 5 in to be Ramirez replacement , Ferguson replacement , a winger , attacking mid and a proper left back

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip, agreed. 
Kind of gone quiet again after that mad rush the other week.

Needs to be two strikers added.

Top striker

Developing striker

Ronan

winger

centre back (which allows Scales to be one of the LB options)

55 minutes ago, redone said:

Not just known to our league , but known very well by our manager.  I’d be disappointed in Goodwin if he didn’t try to get these guys to sign for us because of possible cliched perception of lazy recruitment.

There will always be a minority of aberdeen fans that will label it lazy recruitment.