Summer 2022 Transfer Window

5 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

Nice to see some bedwetting starting up again, it starts with a trickle - fair enough though, i do think the most important dealings in the transfer market are still to come. Miovski is the only attacking addition so far...and our lack of creativity in the final third was our main issue last season. 

another player with his pedigree (winger or striker) plus Ronan and we'll be looking a good bit better

10 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

He's better moving forward was wasted this season seems to just be sitting though I would say he looked  uninterested 

He was sitting because of managers instructions I’d have said. 

From miovski’s interview ramadani os more like greame shinnie than Lewis Ferguson 

1 minute ago, Dandys1983 said:

Yeah I like him, but think where he played was a waste last season, seemed to be held back or did it himself just wasn't the same player as the past few seasons. 

Hard to judge in fairness when surrounded by such a shite team though 

I think he will be a bigger hole to fill than either of Shinnie or McLean were if truth be told.

Obviously not so much If we splash the cash but on our regular budget/free transfers he will be a hard one to replace if most ignore biased/hatred 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Hard to judge in fairness when surrounded by such a shite team though 

I think he will be a bigger hole to fill than either of Shinnie or McLean were if truth be told.

Obviously not so much If we splash the cash but on our regular budget/free transfers he will be a hard one to replace if most ignore biased/hatred 

I think there will be one or two surprises to come before the window closes,l. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think we've ever replaced Kenny McLean.  We were a footballing side while we had him. 

Shinnie and Ferguson are good at what they do but they can't do what McLean could do with a ball at his feet. 

I agree with you we’ve not but is that the  same McLean who was slated on here for being a hun and winding his contract down to go to sevco. Lot of people changed their minds about him once he left to Norwich, think the same will happen with Ferguson once he goes. 

1 minute ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Tbf if a said sugar you’d say shite out of spite. Nothing really suggests Ramdani is the calibre of Ferguson so I’d say he’ll need to earn his place unlike Ferguson who was gaurenteed to play every minute available. 
hope your right tho and he’s the real deal ?

Not at all, I've said for a few weeks that he has been earmarked as Fergusons replacement.

5 minutes ago, minijc said:

You're way off on this.

Tbf if a said sugar you’d say shite out of spite. Nothing really suggests Ramdani is the calibre of Ferguson so I’d say he’ll need to earn his place unlike Ferguson who was gaurenteed to play every minute available. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I believe the idea in the squad  we are building, is no one is guaranteed to play every minute 

42 minutes ago, thurso said:

I agree with you we’ve not but is that the  same McLean who was slated on here for being a hun and winding his contract down to go to sevco. Lot of people changed their minds about him once he left to Norwich, think the same will happen with Ferguson once he goes. 

Not me. 

I always rated McLean. 

When Kenny played well the whole team played well. 

17 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

By what measure? He’s had ten times as many international caps for a start ?

McLean was a far better player than a lot of fans gave him credit for. We never replaced him and i still think we'd struggle to replace him now. Could do it all. Barron the closes to a McLean type. Still don't think he should be utilised as a no10. Don't think it's his position. But it's one we need to get right this summer. 

No point spunking over half a million on Miovski if he's going to get fuck all created for him.

13 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

One thing being ear marked, you think he’s good enough to replace him?

Depends, he might offer something different which helps the team better, we'll rarely get an exact like for like replacement especially one where everyone will look and go "oh he's just like Ferguson".  My hope is that what he brings to the table helps bring more out of others, from the videos I've watched I'd say he is a better passer and covers more ground than Ferguson but only time will really tell.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, minijc said:

Depends, he might offer something different which helps the team better, we'll rarely get an exact like for like replacement especially one where everyone will look and go "oh he's just like Ferguson".  My hope is that what he brings to the table helps bring more out of others, from the videos I've watched I'd say he is a better passer and covers more ground than Ferguson but only time will really tell.

Exactly. 

We should be building a better balanced team, not replacing existing players like for like. 

• Upvote 2
21 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Under McInnes we had too many midfielders that all played the same role: Ojo, McGeouch, Campbell and Ferguson. 

Ramadani is seemingly a different type of player to Ferguson but we've been desperate for an enforcer since Shinnie left. He's possibly more like a Bisconti or Heikkinen.

Ferguson has been a great signing for us however its time for him to move on. Hopefully for 3 million +add ons and not to The Rangers.

Would possibly allow us to sign Connor Ronan and appease fans who may want to see a player closer in style to Ferguson.

11 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Exactly. 

We should be building a better balanced team, not replacing existing players like for like. 

Agreed

3 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

I take it that means McRorie at RB and Ramdani in midfield 

Not quite, I think Ferguson will go, Ramadani takes his spot we'll then have Barron, Ramadani and McCrorie in the side.