Summer 2022 Transfer Window

58 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Well he’s just been relegated from a team in a poorer league. If we signed Dundees best CM I would still need convincing. 
In fairness so has Miovski but I hold higher hopes for him due to a glamour YouTube video and bigger price tag ??

We signed Kenny McLean from St Mirren the year they were relegated and on the evidence of todays posting folk would argue he was one of our best players during the McInnes era.

The recruitment team will have done their due diligence on Ramadani.

Ferguson has been a good player for us but he's definitely replaceable.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

the game he played for the young Scots he was all over the park and was outstanding . That's when the interest from other clubs started 

One thing he needs to improve on is his final ball / efforts on goal, been very wasteful IMO

Once Barron starts adding goals to his game, even half a dozen next season, then even more zeros get added to his value. He’s the best young midfielder we’ve brought through our own system since I don’t know when. 

3 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

We signed Kenny McLean from St Mirren the year they were relegated. And on the evidence of todays posting folk argue he was one of our best players during the McInnes era.

The recruitment team will have done their due diligence on Ramadani. 

Ferguson has been a good player for us but he's definitely replaceable.

McLean was class.

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Once Barron starts adding goals to his game, even half a dozen next season, then even more zeros get added to his value. He’s the best young midfielder we’ve brought through our own system since I don’t know when. 

Hope we get a couple more seasons out of him

7 minutes ago, sheep123 said:

Jambos all slavering reckoning there in the brink of getting Connor ronan going by twitter 

Neilson has said they need to add players all over the park. Are they really going to splash out £500k on Ronan? They may put a loan offer in but if we then went in and offered Wolves £500k they may tell Hearts that he's not being loaned out.

This one will drag on. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Neilson has said they need to add players all over the park. Are they really going to splash out £500k on Ronan? They may put a loan offer in but if we then went in and offered Wolves £500k they may tell Hearts that he's not being loaned out.

This one will drag on. 

Hopefully cormack flashes the cash and gets him up north , imagine he would like to work with Goodwin again 

41 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

What makes you think Ramadani won't be a good player for us?

As I’ve already explained - as we need a few midfielders, I think we will end up with better rather than him being a play every minute guy like Ferguson. Not that he won’t be good as such, just not as good as other options.

1 hour ago, sheep123 said:

Jambos all slavering reckoning there in the brink of getting Connor ronan going by twitter 

Neilson confirmed they’re after him, hopefully we make a better offer although I’m pretty sure that if a Championship club in England come in for him then we’ll both miss out.

3 hours ago, Dandys1983 said:

Plenty journalists on Twitter and scouting sites if you want to look for info, he's a journeyman footballer at best abody getting excited cause he's been signed from the a different league than normal, I'm mare excited about the young striker he's looks and sounds a player. 

You mean one maybe two, then it must be true.........

Give the guy a chance before you right him off

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

You mean one maybe two, then it must be true.........

Give the guy a chance before you right him off

I always give everyone a chance in life, I hope he does well but if like others are saying we have McCrorie and Barron and another in midfield he won't start games. Though is Barron going to play every game probably not. 

With the midfielders we already have we really need a Ryan christie/james Maddison type player for the creativeness. 

Barron should start when fit/available but he can be a box to box type starting things but also getting the ball moving between attack and defence. From what I can tell mccrorie and ramadani are the same type player who run about a lot breaking things up, so we need a player who can create things for the attack but also score 10 goals at least a seaso. 

• Upvote 2
13 minutes ago, thurso said:

With the midfielders we already have we really need a Ryan christie/james Maddison type player for the creativeness. 

Barron should start when fit/available but he can be a box to box type starting things but also getting the ball moving between attack and defence. From what I can tell mccrorie and ramadani are the same type player who run about a lot breaking things up, so we need a player who can create things for the attack but also score 10 goals at least a seaso. 

Martin Boyle come on down

3 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

Should have checked his run though.

Yip. The moment it started going pear shaped for the dons (again)

4 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Well he’s just been relegated from a team in a poorer league. If we signed Dundees best CM I would still need convincing. 
In fairness so has Miovski but I hold higher hopes for him due to a glamour YouTube video and bigger price tag ??

To be honest I think they are one of the bigger clubs in Hungary who had a honking season getting relegated.

If we signed current Albanian and Macedonian internationals from Dundee you would think differently maybe? Did Glen Kamara not sign for the Huns in a season they wound up getting relegated? But all players need to convince, Matty Longstaff came with expectations from a high profile club and he was garbage.

• Upvote 4

He looks like a 6 or an 8 to me from the you tube clips and pretty similar to Ferguson in style.  Likes a shot from the edge of the box as well so looking forward to that. 

A midfield of Ramadani, Barron and McCrorie feels a bit flat to me, we definitely need a guy who is more like a 10 to mix things up. Especially if he plans to play 4231.

Competition is a good thing and badly needed at Pittodrie. Nobody should be a guaranteed starter. 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He looks like a 6 or an 8 to me from the you tube clips and pretty similar to Ferguson in style.  Likes a shot from the edge of the box as well so looking forward to that. 

A midfield of Ramadani, Barron and McCrorie feels a bit flat to me, we definitely need a guy who is more like a 10 to mix things up. Especially if he plans to play 4231.

Competition is a good thing and badly needed at Pittodrie. Nobody should be a guaranteed starter. 

That midfield is far too defensive unless the full backs and wingers are on an insanely different level to last season

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That midfield is far too defensive unless the full backs and wingers are on an insanely different level to last season

In most games there’s no need for us to play all 3 of Ramadani Barron & McCrorie.

It’s a bit like when McInnes played Jack, Flood & Robson 

Ramadani & Barron in the “2” & an attacking midfielder & two wingers ahead of them.