Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, Millertime said:

and what?

Ramirez will be on at least 3x the wage of van veen and I don't want him either anyway

Aw I've no idea as to the figures but aye Ramirez will definitely be on more. Likely considerably more like you say. Unless he's actively looking for a move away I'd imagine he'll be with us next season though.

I'm all for taking in any player (within reason) that improves our goalscoring and defensive stats and suits the system Goodwin wants to play.

22 minutes ago, slippers said:

I can’t help it. We know we have a average manager, we know we have a shite team. Only thing that can save us now is recruiting decent players. Let’s hope all these rumours are just rumours and we aren’t in total rebuild mode in 14 months time agai! 

Deary me...out of that list you've created, the only one we've been linked with is dunne. The rest of the names have been suggested by posters on here. 

JG said himself he won't be signing players based on them having a couple of good games against us. 

14 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Deary me...out of that list you've created, the only one we've been linked with is dunne. The rest of the names have been suggested by posters on here. 

JG said himself he won't be signing players based on them having a couple of good games against us. 

I didn’t say he did, I just said if that’s the kind of players we are looking to recruit we will be in for another horrendous season! 

2 hours ago, super_al said:

When are we expected to hear about Joe Lewis, Ojo etc.. leaving?

I see the papers are saying he’s now told everyone he isn’t wanting to keep that they’ll be leaving.

Seems strange to have done that while we are still battling to stay clear of a relegation battle. Very little incentive now for those players to give a fuck anymore.

Can’t imagine we’ve many players leaving that any teams in our league will be looking at and thinking they’d improve their team. McGeouch maybe if they reckon they can keep him fit. We are 9th for a reason. 

Some of our players have spent all season playing to try and earn a new contract and look how poor they’ve been. Can’t see that changing because they’ve been told they’re being punted.

14 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I see the papers are saying he’s now told everyone he isn’t wanting to keep that they’ll be leaving.

Seems strange to have done that while we are still battling to stay clear of a relegation battle. Very little incentive now for those players to give a fuck anymore.

Thought this at time! He’s trying to get players up for important games and half of them already been told they don’t have a future at club. It didn’t seem to work for the county game anyway! Zero fight! But as poster above says surely they should be putting themselves in shop window!?

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Listen, you need to cut out the jibes

Especially considering your face

I've had over 1000 hits to my face and it shows, so I don't really care.  Stop coming the cunt and stop posting lies then acting all superior like what you've said is true.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, minijc said:

I've had over 1000 hits to my face and it shows, so I don't really care.  Stop coming the cunt and stop posting lies then acting all superior like what you've said is true.

Listen, stop slagging people off and getting insulting when they say they're unhappy with their number 9 who will be on the best part of 10k per week, not having scored a league goal in 15

You might not agree (bizarrely) , but no need to get insulting 

• Upvote 1

Listen, stop slagging people off and getting insulting when they say they're unhappy with their number 9 who will be on the best part of 10k per week, not having scored a league goal in 15

You might not agree (bizarrely) , but no need to get insulting 

I'm only slagging because you must be a simpleton to keep peddling the same false information. 

Just now, minijc said:

So, that wasn't your argument, you said yourself your hate was all because he hadn't scored in 15 games which wasn't true.

He's playing poorly, no one can deny that but in classic millertime fashion you go way over the top.

Many has he scored in last 15 league games, 2?

0 in half a day of football is abhorrent 

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Many has he scored in last 15 league games, 2?

0 in half a day of football is abhorrent 

If we were a team that was playing well and creating loads of chances I would be really angry but we aren't and we haven't so it's not the end of the world.

Fine

Just trawled through our results

0 goals in 8 league games

0 goals in 720 mins

He has played 12 hours of football, in the league, not scoring a goal 

So, that wasn't your argument, you said yourself your hate was all because he hadn't scored in 15 games which wasn't true.

He's playing poorly, no one can deny that but in classic millertime fashion you go way over the top.

• Upvote 1
25 minutes ago, minijc said:

If we were a team that was playing well and creating loads of chances I would be really angry but we aren't and we haven't so it's not the end of the world.

BUT HE IS A BLOODY MASSIVE PART OF THAT PROBLEM

HE HAS ZERO HEART TO CHALLENGE DEFENDERS AND HIS MOVEMENT IS HONKING

WE PUT LOADS OF BALLS INTO THE BOX

33 minutes ago, Millertime said:

BUT HE IS A BLOODY MASSIVE PART OF THAT PROBLEM

HE HAS ZERO HEART TO CHALLENGE DEFENDERS AND HIS MOVEMENT IS HONKING

WE PUT LOADS OF BALLS INTO THE BOX

Movement is so honking, he's had about 8 runs that have created space for others in a few games despite being shit.

Also "We put loads of balls into the box" is another thing you've made up, we as a team are 7th in the league for passes in to the box, actual cross and the quality of them is also some of the poorest in the league as well, only Ramsay in the top 10 in the league for amount of crosses, Hayes is 12th in the league, you've got guys at Dundee, Livi and St Mirren that cross the ball more than our players.

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye

And we've told you a hundred times. 

That's one of the problems, you have to lay it on a fucking plate before this guy can score. Has to be practically an open goal. 

His limitations mean that we have less options to provide service to him in the first place. 

Our quality of crosses is poor, there's no striker in the world that will be able to do something with a ball that's hit nowhere near him and sadly that's what happens with most of our crosses.

12 minutes ago, minijc said:

Our quality of crosses is poor, there's no striker in the world that will be able to do something with a ball that's hit nowhere near him and sadly that's what happens with most of our crosses.

Yeah but you're missing the point.  If he had other decent attributes we wouldn't have to resort to aimlessly crossing the ball all the time as its a lottery at the best of times.  We could play balls in behind for example but he's not quick enough. 

His limitations mean that we have less options. Get it? 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah but you're missing the point.  If he had other decent attributes we wouldn't have to resort to aimlessly crossing the ball all the time as its a lottery at the best of times.  We could play balls in behind for example but he's not quick enough. 

His limitations mean that we have less options. Get it? 

No, I fully get the point but you're ignoring that the team as a whole create next to fuck all, then most of what they do is of poor quality, 7th in the league for passes in to the box is extremely poor there aren't many strikers within our range that could work with that.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, minijc said:

No, I fully get the point but you're ignoring that the team as a whole create next to fuck all, then most of what they do is of poor quality, 7th in the league for passes in to the box is extremely poor there aren't many strikers within our range that could work with that.

Yeah because we have to put it on a plate before he's able to score.  Most of his goals have been tap ins and close range headers.  He's incapable of working a chance himself. 

He can't run with the ball, he can't turn his man or take him on, he can't get in behind his man, he's weak in the physical duels. He doesn't have quick feet to create a bit of space for himself. 

So we don't have a lot to work with. 

Any suggestions that we should build a team around this guy are absolute lunacy. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Yeah because we have to put it on a plate before he's able to score.  Most of his goals have been tap ins and close range headers.  He's incapable of working a chance himself. 

yes because he's having to come deeper to get a touch of the ball and we've seen he isn't capable of doing that, the majority of his passes go backwards as no cunt runs in behind him, he's a penalty box striker so why not figure out a system that gets the best out of that?   I gave Goodwin the benefit of the doubt but that game at Ibrox was a shocking way to set up, Ramirez had no one within 30 yards and we were still putting long balls to him, we can all see that isn't his game and that's he's up against a couple of defenders regarded as some of the best in the league yet we persisted with it.

Also please give me some suggestions on players that aren't as limited as him, just so I can get a rough idea on what you like the look and think would do better in this side that isn't very good.

• Upvote 2
On 4/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, minijc said:

So where should we be signing players from?  Imo it doesn't really matter as the majority of our fans will say a player is pish no matter what whilst ignoring that most of our currently players have been pish, it's embarrassing how some of these fans act.

There's plenty of good players out there in worse leagues and teams than ours, this is where our scouting needs to be smarter.

I never said anything about not signing players from wherever. 

but nothing wrong in calling a spade a spade. If a players shite a players shite. 

last summer Glass brought in a lot worthy of ‘comments’