Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

Cosgrove was excellent for most of his time here considering he looked useless when he first arrived. No doubt at the end of his time here his head was elsewhere and he wanted to move on. He wouldn't be the first player to do well up here who then couldn't replicate that form down south and came back up to try to re-ignite their career. 

I agree we should go all out to sign a striker with a proven scoring record but those players can be hard to find at this level. However if the opportunity came to take Cosgrove back on loan for a year I'd personally be all for it. He's proven he can score goals in this league.

He was good for about 18 months of his time here, not most.

5 hours ago, minijc said:

Also please give me some suggestions on players that aren't as limited as him, just so I can get a rough idea on what you like the look and think would do better in this side that isn't very good.

Sorry mini, I missed your question there. 

I think the standard of striker in our division is pretty poor just now so I agree there's no one really from our league worth pursuing. 

So we'd have to look elsewhere. 

Personally I'd like to see us sign a younger striker with a bit of pace that can get in behind defences and give us a different option.  Would also be a good foil to complement your man Ramirez as well. 

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Easy to have a short memory re stockley, mind that Celtic game we conceded 3 goals in first 10 minutes. Should’ve had a hat trick but didn’t score 1.

Aye Stockley was fucking garbage. About the only decent thing he did for us was elbowing that tim neds teeth doon his throat 

56 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Sorry mini, I missed your question there. 

I think the standard of striker in our division is pretty poor just now so I agree there's no one really from our league worth pursuing. 

So we'd have to look elsewhere. 

Personally I'd like to see us sign a younger striker with a bit of pace that can get in behind defences and give us a different option.  Would also be a good foil to complement your man Ramirez as well. 

Only 2 strikers have 1 more more league goal than Ramirez. Anderson n Morelos. Cook has more too but he’s a winger. So if your all moaning about Ramirez, aye, the standard of striker isn’t great in the division. 

Quite mad nobody is even near 20 Tbf. 

• Upvote 2
5 minutes ago, Dandiesmin68 said:

Liverpool want him as cover for Alexander-Arnold.

Just hope there looking to part with serious cash for him. 

They won’t

For a young player (Ramsay) tipped to be the understudy of a player valued at between 80-100 million, you would expect a team to fork out  decent money.

In reality they’ll offer a couple of million tops, which will be enough to turn Ramsay’s head.

23 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

They won’t

For a young player (Ramsay) tipped to be the understudy of a player valued at between 80-100 million, you would expect a team to fork out  decent money.

In reality they’ll offer a couple of million tops, which will be enough to turn Ramsay’s head.

It’s the club that accept or reject the bid, not Calvin Ramsay. A bid of £1 would turn his head. 

• Upvote 1

It'd be a bad move for him football wise, although obviously he'd make himself a millionaire almost overnight.

He's just not as good as Alexander-Arnold so would be his back-up for the full length of his contract, maybe getting to play in the League Cup and a select few league matches each season. 3 or 4 years of hardly playing would surely set him back for the rest of his career. He needs to be playing week in week out at this stage. And sorting out his stamina problem.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

He was good for about 18 months of his time here, not most.

I'd disagree with that assessment. You have to remember Cosgrove was brought in as someone we could develop for the future so it's unfair to rate his performances right from the start of his tenure at the club because he was young, raw and very inexperienced. Different with the likes of Adam Rooney and Stevie May who were brought in as finished articles at this level they were proven goal scorers in the league. I think most of us realised Cosgrove had something about him he was strong, could hold the ball up, link the play and occupy defenders it just looked like he would never score goals. Obviously as he started to develop into a more rounded striker after gaining the experience he clearly needed the goals duly arrived.

I'd say the fact that in over 100 games for the club he has a better goals to game ratio than Rooney is very impressive considering Rooney was brought in as the finished article expected to score goals consistently right from the start whereas Cosgrove certainly wasn't. I think some Dons fans are a tad harsh on Cosgrove and maybe forget just how effective he was for us after he was given the time to develop which as McInnes said was always the plan with him. Yes he was poor in his last 6 months here but he had injuries and his head has been turned he wanted to go back down south. As I said previously in my opinion we have never adequately replaced him.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

It'd be a bad move for him football wise, although obviously he'd make himself a millionaire almost overnight.

He's just not as good as Alexander-Arnold so would be his back-up for the full length of his contract, maybe getting to play in the League Cup and a select few league matches each season. 3 or 4 years of hardly playing would surely set him back for the rest of his career. He needs to be playing week in week out at this stage. And sorting out his stamina problem.

Agree, they already have Neco Williams who wants to leave due to a lack of game time and Ramsay would just be his replacement. He would be much better going to a mid table to bottom end EPL team where he can get regular game time and then make the move from there to a top EPL team after that if he progresses

49 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Agree, they already have Neco Williams who wants to leave due to a lack of game time and Ramsay would just be his replacement. He would be much better going to a mid table to bottom end EPL team where he can get regular game time and then make the move from there to a top EPL team after that if he progresses

Yeah its hard to weigh up! May never get that opportunity to play for 1 of the biggest clubs in the world again. Training with some of the best players in the world and massive chance of picking up some of the most illustrious trophies in the world. I think it will be very hard to turn down if an offer comes in. Guess as a player you have to back yourself, but for me he would be better going to a team hes giving assurances on first team football but if he does no guarantee he will ever find his way back to a Champions league side. 

Better coaches, better facilities, better players, better money  great city, HUGE club, are all massive positives.

Downside will be lack of actual first team action. However counter that with reserve football still against top stars and rising talent in the Premiership it's a good move in my eyes. 

SPL is shit.

£5 million please Liverpool, genuine pocket change to a club of that size.

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Could be a good move for him. Alexander-Arnold could be playing centre midfield for Liverpool soon, he’s always getting touted for there, so right back could be a position they are looking to fill. 

£10 million down payment please mr klopp