Summer 2022 Transfer Window

45 minutes ago, Poodler said:

When did you come back?!?

he’s a poor RB. 3 or 4 in the league better than him. He’s lucky he’s carried by an unreal front 3 (for now) 

Today it appears ?

But not dogshit - good ? 

Who are those 3 or 4 out of interests? 

10 hours ago, Hoofball said:

Agree, they already have Neco Williams who wants to leave due to a lack of game time and Ramsay would just be his replacement. He would be much better going to a mid table to bottom end EPL team where he can get regular game time and then make the move from there to a top EPL team after that if he progresses

Neco Williams is on loan at Fulham,who are coming up,and apparently going to sign for them.

18 minutes ago, Torry Tosser said:

Neco Williams is on loan at Fulham,who are coming up,and apparently going to sign for them.

10+ million price tag supposedly, some will be offset by Liverpool signing the young midfielders from them tho. 

Also see the five subs rule is coming in next season to EPL which could get Ramsay some more minutes but not sure it would be enough to help him develop.

10 hours ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Cosgrove return would be a mistake. Ramsay to Liverpool? Would get on the bench now and again possibly but I see no more than that.

On the bench / playing in the diddy cup games or potentially out on loan would be the options whilst developing over the next few years. Great prospect but miles off first team football down there.  

1 minute ago, Rico1903 said:

On the bench / playing in the diddy cup games or potentially out on loan would be the options whilst developing over the next few years. Great prospect but miles off first team football down there.  

Exactly this. If he ie going to Liverpool he has to go out on loan and play every week in the championship IMO. His development will stutter if he is just making cameo appearances.

On 4/16/2022 at 2:18 PM, Shinniesta said:

Cosgrove was excellent for most of his time here considering he looked useless when he first arrived. No doubt at the end of his time here his head was elsewhere and he wanted to move on. He wouldn't be the first player to do well up here who then couldn't replicate that form down south and came back up to try to re-ignite their career. 

I agree we should go all out to sign a striker with a proven scoring record but those players can be hard to find at this level. However if the opportunity came to take Cosgrove back on loan for a year I'd personally be all for it. He's proven he can score goals in this league.

hahahahaha 

Bring Cosgrove back?! This has to be a piss take. 

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

Exactly this. If he ie going to Liverpool he has to go out on loan and play every week in the championship IMO. His development will stutter if he is just making cameo appearances.

Let’s be realistic. He’s not going to one of the current best clubs in the world, ffs!

2 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

I'd say he'd maybe do ok in championship on a technical level however from a physical stand-point he'd get bullied off the ball no end.

IF he does to to liverool no doubt he'd be loaned out for a few seasons before he was given any chance near the first team

44 minutes ago, minijc said:

Our 4 strikers for next season according to this place will be Cosgrove, Anderson, Hendry and Van Veen, brb away to buy my season ticket.

Hud me back!  

At least Anderson is banging them in at the same level. The rest, not so much. Sam 'scored 3 goals in 2 years' Cosgrove would be a like for like JET replacement tbh. 

56 minutes ago, minijc said:

Our 4 strikers for next season according to this place will be Cosgrove, Anderson, Hendry and Van Veen, brb away to buy my season ticket.

It just shows no one has a clue what’s happening and no one on here has any idea how to run a football club or manage a team. 

So it’s a good job we’re not running or managing Aberdeen 

• Upvote 1

Talk of Cosgrove and other returning players is a big no from me. Unless we're talking Kenny McLean standard and let's get real here. Many people have complained about lazy recruitment in the past and this is it surely.

For me, in this poor season 6 players have stood out.

Barron and Ramsay. Products of our youth development. Great, more of this please.

Ferguson. A calculated punt on a teenager with circa 15 top flight games. Great signing. 

Besuijen. Raw as anything, but clearly good and I reckon we've invested well there.

Ramirez. Controversial for some I know, but he's top goal scorer so fits the category.

McCrorie. Probably our best player this season.

There is only 1 player there for me, that you could argue fits the lazy recruitment category and that's McCrorie. Only because he was fairly established in the league when signed. I'd counter that with, it's probably bold of us to approach the Huns for him considering how highly he was rated by them at one time.

For me, the youth squad boys aside, I think the above is evidence that our bolder, more outside the box recruitment is proving to work best. Not every time, but enough!

Christ, even Cosgrove's initial signing would fit this category. Despite seeming fairly shite, he scored plenty goals and we got a huge return on our relatively short term and cheap investment on him.

Hayes about the exception for returning players recently although he's obviously not the player we sold.

I'm liking the bolder recruitment strategy more than the returning Ash Talyor, Dom Ball, Greg Stewarts etc.

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

hahahahaha 

Bring Cosgrove back?! This has to be a piss take. 

I know because the strikers we've had since Cosgrove left have been so much more effective for us right? Because no player who did well in Scotland then did fuck all when they went down south ever came back up here and re-ignited their career did they? Cosgrove scored 47 goals in 103 games for AFC. Name me the last striker we have had with a better goals to game ratio than that? I think you'll probably need to go back to the 80's for the answer.

I find it amusing people just instantly write off someone who is still only 25 and in over 100 games for AFC has a better goals to game ratio than the striker who is generally regarded as the best one we have had this century (Rooney).

All I've said is if the opportunity to bring him here on loan for 12 months was presented I think it would be a chance worth taking. He is a proven goalscorer in this league regardless of how poor he has been in the 15 months since he left.

33 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Talk of Cosgrove and other returning players is a big no from me. Unless we're talking Kenny McLean standard and let's get real here. Many people have complained about lazy recruitment in the past and this is it surely.

For me, in this poor season 6 players have stood out.

Barron and Ramsay. Products of our youth development. Great, more of this please.

Ferguson. A calculated punt on a teenager with circa 15 top flight games. Great signing. 

Besuijen. Raw as anything, but clearly good and I reckon we've invested well there.

Ramirez. Controversial for some I know, but he's top goal scorer so fits the category.

McCrorie. Probably our best player this season.

There is only 1 player there for me, that you could argue fits the lazy recruitment category and that's McCrorie. Only because he was fairly established in the league when signed. I'd counter that with, it's probably bold of us to approach the Huns for him considering how highly he was rated by them at one time.

For me, the youth squad boys aside, I think the above is evidence that our bolder, more outside the box recruitment is proving to work best. Not every time, but enough!

Christ, even Cosgrove's initial signing would fit this category. Despite seeming fairly shite, he scored plenty goals and we got a huge return on our relatively short term and cheap investment on him.

Hayes about the exception for returning players recently although he's obviously not the player we sold.

I'm liking the bolder recruitment strategy more than the returning Ash Talyor, Dom Ball, Greg Stewarts etc.

Interesting that you reckon McCrorie is probably our best player this season - what is it about his play that stands out for you?

39 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Interesting that you reckon McCrorie is probably our best player this season - what is it about his play that stands out for you?

I think he's had the most fight about him. Uses his bags of energy to cover the whole pitch. I've liked him in centre mid, breaking up play, reducing threats. I don't think we even saw the best of him this season. He's probably one of the players I worried about least throughout the season haha, that's mark of how poor we've been if anything. I don't think he was miles ahead of others, I just thought he was probably our best player all round.

The point was more about the recruitment style, and he's one I think we got right.

Edit - I assume you think otherwise before you've asked?

• Like 1

I'm wondering if this Cove full back rumour is a shout? Just had a google..... very impressive stats.... out of contract in a few weeks...... 2+2=74

Fair enough he's 25 but possibly a shout. It would be an absolute no brainer if he was 2 or more years younger.

10 hours ago, El Pacino said:

I’d like to see Anderson back at Pittodrie. He’s had a fantastic season at Livi. I wouldn’t be adverse to Calum Hendry either.

Van Veen and Cosgrove are non-starters for me.

Hendry was nowhere near the required standard.

Anderson I’d have back - could have done with him to support Ramirez this season. He’s really kicked on at Livingston with regular football  - already proven goal scorer at this level, I reckon there’s further scope improve too!