blowupsheep

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

20 minutes ago, NEM said:

Could it?

Not with you! Your hatred for Taylor is too strong!!! Haha

I thought he was alright. Better than most defenders I've seen for us. By no means one of the best but generally had a positive impact on our team over the course of a season.

cosgrove ffs !!!

I'll be wanting a refund on my renewal of that happens 

11 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

No he wasn't. 

Yes he was. When Cosgrove wasn't scoring and not getting much service he contributed far more to the team than the likes of Rooney and Ramirez who when they didn't get service we often looked like we were playing with a man down. He at least roughed up defenders, won plenty in the air and wasn't too bad at holding it up and linking the play (he was much better at that than Rooney or Ramirez). I remember him completely bullying Christophe Berra in a game at Pittodrie at the end of the 2018/19 season. We won 2-0 he didn't score that night but Berra didn't win one duel against him you could tell he hated playing against him. Whereas Berra was able to relatively easily control the likes of Rooney when McGinn and Hayes weren't supplying him much service.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

His goal return in his last 6 months up here was abysmal, about the same as JET.

Hes scored 3 goals since leaving us. I think he'd scored something like 1 non pen goal for us since Xmas or so as well prior to leaving so like 4 goals in 2 years.

No thanks. I'd take almost literally anyone else but him back.

He was injured for a fair bit of the last 6 months he was here maybe you just forgot that. From memory he had issues with his back he certainly wasn't fully fit. And as I previously said at that point in time his head was clearly no longer in it he wanted away in summer 2020 and his performances suffered when it didn't happen. Want away player in performance downturn shocker because that never happens right? 

You keep concentrating on what he hasn't done in the last 15 months since he left but what about what he did do when he was here? It's very obvious you don't rate him at all and you clearly think he's crap but if that is truly what you think then I'd like you to explain to me how on earth it is possible that someone as crap Cosgrove managed to score 40+ goals in around 18 months in Scotland's top league? How the fuck did Cosgrove manage the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player since Frank McDougall if he was completely talentless / shite especially when he got that ratio in over 100 games for the club? And especially when he mostly played on his own up front in a team generally set up quite negatively. His ratio is better than much bigger name strikers who played for the club in far more attack minded teams.

I'll wait for your explanation of how such a shite player (playing over 100 games for the club) managed to attain the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player in the last 35+ years 👍

• Upvote 1

His goals in premier league discounting penaltys for the 4 seasons he was here are 2017/18 - 0  2018/19 - 13  2019/20 - 8 and 2019/20 - 2 nothing to get excited about.

2 hours ago, Shinniesta said:

He was injured for a fair bit of the last 6 months he was here maybe you just forgot that. From memory he had issues with his back he certainly wasn't fully fit. And as I previously said at that point in time his head was clearly no longer in it he wanted away in summer 2020 and his performances suffered when it didn't happen. Want away player in performance downturn shocker because that never happens right? 

You keep concentrating on what he hasn't done in the last 15 months since he left but what about what he did do when he was here? It's very obvious you don't rate him at all and you clearly think he's crap but if that is truly what you think then I'd like you to explain to me how on earth it is possible that someone as crap Cosgrove managed to score 40+ goals in around 18 months in Scotland's top league? How the fuck did Cosgrove manage the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player since Frank McDougall if he was completely talentless / shite especially when he got that ratio in over 100 games for the club? And especially when he mostly played on his own up front in a team generally set up quite negatively. His ratio is better than much bigger name strikers who played for the club in far more attack minded teams.

I'll wait for your explanation of how such a shite player (playing over 100 games for the club) managed to attain the best goals to game ratio of any Aberdeen FC player in the last 35+ years 👍

Sam, shut up.

• Haha 5

42 minutes ago, Bomber said:

His goals in premier league discounting penaltys for the 4 seasons he was here are 2017/18 - 0  2018/19 - 13  2019/20 - 8 and 2019/20 - 2 nothing to get excited about.

Discounting penalties when they are part of the game. May as well disallow headers and deflections too then ya beezer. 

• Haha 2

but to look at a strikers true value you should always discount penaltys ya beezer.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, Bomber said:

but to look at a strikers true value you should always discount penaltys ya beezer.

Says who? Pretty sure the goal records all include penalties..... So Ronaldo/Messi true value is "less" because some of their goals are penalties. Good een. 

23 minutes ago, Bomber said:

26 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Discounting penalties when they are part of the game. May as well disallow headers and deflections too then ya beezer. 

Never heard that ‘insult’ before and then up it pops twice in 3 minutes.

Strange. 😄

• Upvote 4

HOW TO USE BEEZER IN A SENTENCE

• It was amusing to see him thrusting his eager little beezer between the vast, soft, plushy flanks of two patrolmen.

🤔

So the answer to all our striking problems is to get a stiker who can score 5 to 10 goals from open play and let him take all the penaltys.

When did the Beezer stop being a comic?

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Shearer and Rooney took pens as well and both of them don't have as good a goals to game ratio as Cosgrove. Strikers tend to take penalties it's not exactly unusual.

• Upvote 1

Adam rooney scored 68 goals for Aberdeen over 3 seasons the same time period of Cosgrove and consistently scored  around 15 from open play.

7 hours ago, Dad said:

21st August 1993 👍

8 hours ago, Dad said:

About the same time you started to be a pervert

Fuck stockley and fucking Cosgrove 

Zahovic or summat

On 4/16/2022 at 5:18 PM, Shinniesta said:

Cosgrove was excellent for most of his time here 
 if the opportunity came to take Cosgrove back on loan for a year I'd personally be all for it. 

Surely with comments like that you are taking the piss

On 4/19/2022 at 4:02 AM, super_al said:

Its in the record today that Aberdeen and St Mirren are far apart in their respective evaluations of Dunne.

Great news 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Bomber said:

So in other words from open play Ramirez has scored more goals this season with practically no service and in the worst Dons team in a decade than Sam ever did in a season for Aberdeen.

Edited by zeroisgod76

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

So in other words from open play Ramirez has scored more goals this season with practically no service and in the worst Dons team in a decade than Sam ever did in a season for Aberdeen.

If your taking penalties off Ramirez has probably scored more goals in a season than any of our strikers ever 😂😂

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Got a pal who plays Junior fitba for a prominent NE side. He's heard through the grapevine that Harry Milne of Cove has signed up with us. 

Bizarre one for me. 26 and not even kicked a ball in the Scottish second division. 

Hopefully he's just in as back up. 

1 minute ago, CCB III said:

Got a pal who plays Junior fitba for a prominent NE side. He's heard through the grapevine that Harry Milne of Cove has signed up with us. 

Bizarre one for me. 26 and not even kicked a ball in the Scottish second division. 

Jack Gurr

5 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Jack Gurr

Can't be worse. 

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I don't believe that's true, however he may well have signed for a Scottish championship club.

1 minute ago, minijc said:

I don't believe that's true, however he may well have signed for a Scottish championship club.

one of the championship teams who are playing on Friday night with the winner likely to go up?

I saw both Paul Hartley and Jim McInally were both raving about Milne after the recent game between their teams. 

-------------------------------------------------------------- 

"The full-back has come through the Highland League with Cove and is attracting interest from clubs higher up the pyramid. Hartley was thrilled with Milne but admits full-time football could be the deciding factor in his future.

“We always want to keep our better players but when good players are available, there’s always a chance you might lose them,” he said.

“One thing we can’t give just now is full-time football. Is it something we want to look towards? Of course. We want to keep our good players and add good players also, to make it stronger and better.

“He was absolutely brilliant. He was our best attacking player. He could have scored a hat-trick and his overall play was magnificent.

“First and foremost he’s a defender but at the top end of the pitch he can create. His energy-levels were terrific. He’s bought into what we try to do, how we play and how we train.”

“I thought we were better than the last time we were here,” said McInally. “They’re a good side and Harry Milne was fantastic. We struggled to cope with him.

“He’s a right good player and I can see why Premiership clubs are looking at him. He was the big difference between the two teams.

10 minutes ago, minijc said:

A new deal at Cove then? 😉