Summer 2022 Transfer Window

36 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Hearts have skooshed third this season with a recruitment model almost exclusively of UK based players?

27 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I think we need both. 

the Derek Mcinnes model works fine for meeting expectations.

but to get even better you need some kenny mcleans / lewis fergusons sprinkled with that 6'5 centre back, pacey winger and 25 goal striker which is just too hard for us to find in the UK

• Upvote 1
8 hours ago, starryfish said:

Hearts have skooshed third this season with a recruitment model almost exclusively of UK based players?

Hearts have skooshed third because Craig Gordon. Best player in the league this season. His saves separate Hearts from “the rest”. We’d certainly been a lot better of with him in our sticks. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Hearts have skooshed third because Craig Gordon. Best player in the league this season. His saves separate Hearts from “the rest”. We’d certainly been a lot better of with him in our sticks. 

Not sure I agree with that. They’ve built a decent side. McKay and Boyce are very good attacking players. 

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Buying players from abroad is the model we need to start following. Much more up side than signing players from England/Scotland

I think we definitely need both. Mainly UK. Can't be arsed watching a shite team like Hearts/Dundee/Livingston in the 00s made up of crap foreigners keeping decent players like a potential Ramsay / Barron out the team.

Can't believe how good he has been to be honest. A few years ago Lewis looked easily a better keeper than Gordon while he was at Hearts. There was no contest as to who the best keeper in the league was for a while. Gordons about 4 years older, assumed he was a past it.

They have recruited well in front of him, Kingsley,  Baningime, McKay, Boyce, Simms all from the UK market.

5 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think we definitely need both. Mainly UK. Can't be arsed watching a shite team like Hearts/Dundee/Livingston in the 00s made up of crap foreigners keeping decent players like a potential Ramsay / Barron out the team.

Can't believe how good he has been to be honest. A few years ago Lewis looked easily a better keeper than Gordon while he was at Hearts. There was no contest as to who the best keeper in the league was for a while. Gordons about 4 years older, assumed he was a past it.

Gordon was at Celtic at that point.

If you mean Gordon's first stint at Hearts.....he was sold for £9million to Sunderland in August 2007. Lewis signed for Peterborough 5 months later for £400k.......compare and contrast.

Lewis was very good for us when he initially signed but he was being directly compared to Langfield the previous incumbent. The bottom line is that Lewis has never been in the same league as Gordon has/is ability wise.

1 hour ago, torry_battery_ram said:

That's the level Besuijen was playing at so probably similar standard to him I would imagine 

A useless fanny who can’t cross worth a fuck and spends half the game rolling about holding his face? Fuck sake! ?

33 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If you mean Gordon's first stint at Hearts.....he was sold for £9million to Sunderland in August 2007. Lewis signed for Peterborough 5 months later for £400k.......compare and contrast.

Lewis was very good for us when he initially signed but he was being directly compared to Langfield the previous incumbent. The bottom line is that Lewis has never been in the same league as Gordon has/is ability wise.

The previous incumbent was Danny Ward was it nae? 

1 hour ago, NEM said:

A useless fanny who can’t cross worth a fuck and spends half the game rolling about holding his face? Fuck sake! ?

Really? You've made your mind up on VB already? 

He'll be a good player for us, could do with less of the play acting but once he gets a good run in a team with similarly minded players, maybe strikers that move, he'll be good. 

39 minutes ago, CCB III said:

He'll be a good player for us, could do with less of the play acting but once he gets a good run in a team with similarly minded players, maybe strikers that move, he'll be good. 

I’ve seen enough to suggest he could be a big player for us next season. He needs to cut out his diving and far from finished article but we could have a decent player on our hands! 

2 hours ago, slippers said:

I’ve seen enough to suggest he could be a big player for us next season. He needs to cut out his diving and far from finished article but we could have a decent player on our hands! 

I'm all for him to continue the diving. Just needs to get better at it and get us a few pens.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Aye I meant to write Celtic. Brain fart. 

there was a spell Lewis was widely regarded as superior to Gordon. Even by the media 

• Upvote 1

Every hearts game you watch, Gordon is making world class saves to bail them out. That save fae the corner, double save v Livi. That’s 2 of their last 3 games alone. That makes a huge difference. They concede a lot more chances than us, just less goals, due to Gordon.

17/18 Joe Lewis was phenomenal. Don’t play it down cos he’s not been good last 2 years. 

5 hours ago, CCB III said:

I’m still pissed off from the County game - I’ve got no time for any of the useless cunts apart from Barron, Ramsay and possibly McRorie. 

Ask me again next season ?

• Upvote 1

DR reporting Goodwin wanting 5 new signings in tge summer. Are we changing to a 7 a side team now? When you consider there are only 5 players currently in the team i'd keep (McCrorie, Ferguson, Barron, Ramsay and Besuijen) and 2 of those are likely to be sold then 5 players isn't anywhere near enough to come in. Obviously the likes of Duncan and Ngwenya will likely be part of the 1st team squad but we need more than 5 to come in. 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

DR reporting Goodwin wanting 5 new signings in tge summer. Are we changing to a 7 a side team now? When you consider there are only 5 players currently in the team i'd keep (McCrorie, Ferguson, Barron, Ramsay and Besuijen) and 2 of those are likely to be sold then 5 players isn't anywhere near enough to come in. Obviously the likes of Duncan and Ngwenya will likely be part of the 1st team squad but we need more than 5 to come in. 

Bare in mind, we reportedly have at least 3 already. So 5 more after that? And he loves Matty Kennedy lol