Summer 2022 Transfer Window

12 minutes ago, The Hulk said:

Na, Nicholson was a virtual ever-present min, and a good and important player for us after an admittedly slow start.  Unless you mean Jamie Smith who had injurie woes?  When fit he was an excellent player for us but he had an undiagnosed back issue for months and months that caused a number of hamstring and groin injuries.

We seem to be going down a different road with our transfers this year. I'd still like to see a marquee signing, a "known" quantity if you like.  But the market we are in we have to take risks with our recruitment.  The "data" might suggest that the signings are low-risk, but the rapid pace of the Scottish game might be a leveller to those stats so time will tell.

All things considered I'm optimistic.  It's inevitable that one or two of them will bomb out, that's just the way of things, but I think in particular that Miovski, Coulson and Roberts will prove to be very shrewd acquisitions.

COYR!!!

Aye, that's what I was alluding to in respect of Barry Nicholson in terms of he was crocked when he signed for us, and because of his injury, understandably took quite a while to get up to speed.

Jamie Smith became a crock after he signed for our club as I am pretty sure he had no such issues at ADO Den Haag nor the kiddie fiddling brigade.

In relation to our latest signings, the majority are far better than the ones we released and replaced, so it all stands good for an acceptable, and, perhaps, a successful season.?

7 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

He only turned 18 a few months ago. He has been playing above the level of his counter parts for his age as he has been playing for the reserve team a lot instead of the under 18's because he is so highly rated and has been doing so from when he signed as a 16. Been talked about as the next Alan Smith. 

I would very much doubt that Leeds would be letting one of their highest rated youngsters leave for free.

I would have my doubts that there is anything in this story as I don't believe we would be able to sign him on a permanent and if they are loaning him out it would be more likely to be somewhere that he will start more games than he would for us right now because he is still a youngster learning his trade and needs to develop physically. 

Once again the 2 of you were quick of the mark with the negativity comments and desperate to dismiss a players quality as quick as you can though.

I said that if we were signing him on a permanent as a prospect for the future then that would be fine (we'd clearly not be though) but signing him on loan would be pointless. He's not going to get ahead of Miovski, Duk and Ramirez. If Ramirez stays he's 4th choice, if he goes (which he's not) he's 3rd choice. What's the point? Get one of our own young players as a benchwarmer rather than a young player from another team.

No issues with signing loan players (not from Celtic) if they're going to be first picks or at least challenging for first picks. Wouldn't be the case with this guy so whats the point?

13 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Once again the 2 of you were quick of the mark with the negativite comments and desperate to dismiss a players quality as quick as you can though. I dare say Thurso will be along soon too so he can back you both up that he would be a terrible signing and say he is not good enough either. 

Aye, the pattern has been set over the summer 

13 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

He only turned 18 a few months ago. He has been playing above the level of his counter parts for his age as he has been playing for the reserve team a lot instead of the under 18's because he is so highly rated and has been doing so from when he signed as a 16. Been talked about as the next Alan Smith. 

I would very much doubt that Leeds would be letting one of their highest rated youngsters leave for free.

I would have my doubts that there is anything in this story as I don't believe we would be able to sign him on a permanent and if they are loaning him out it would be more likely to be somewhere that he will start more games than he would for us right now because he is still a youngster learning his trade and needs to develop physically. 

Once again the 2 of you were quick of the mark with the negativite comments and desperate to dismiss a players quality as quick as you can though. I dare say Thurso will be along soon too so he can back you both up that he would be a terrible signing and say he is not good enough either. 

That’s far too sensible a post for the muppets to deal with. Don’t expect a response.

10 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Aye, that's what I was alluding to in respect of Barry Nicholson in terms of he was crocked when he signed for us, and because of his injury, understandably took quite a while to get up to speed.

Jamie Smith became a crock after he signed for our club as I am pretty sure he had no such issues at ADO Den Haag nor the kiddie fiddling brigade.

In relation to our latest signings, the majority are far better than the ones we released and replaced, so it all stands good for an acceptable, and, perhaps, a successful season.?

Smith was a great player when he wasn't injured.  The Copenhagen game a real highlight. 

Stevie Lovell was the other treatment table hog of the Calderwood era.  Scored some cracking goals but never fit enough.

17 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye, the pattern has been set over the summer 

17 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

That’s far too sensible a post for the muppets to deal with. Don’t expect a response.

So what part do you both disagree with. Do you see an 18 year old striker (who we would be competing with Harrogate in League 2 for the loan of on a year long deal) ever featuring ahead of Miovski, Duk and Ramirez this season? Would you not rather we blooded our own player than have another teams player warming our bench? It doesn't matter if he has 'potential' he's not going to feature ahead of 2 players we paid almost a million in total for and another that earns somewhere between 6k and 10k a week depending on who you believe. Permanent signing, fine.... good prospect for the future with potential of making us profit. Loan signing... whats the point.

I know Kilgore, you would argue with anything i said for the simple point of arguing. But genuinely what do you disagree with?

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

So what part do you both disagree with. Do you see an 18 year old striker (who we would be competing with Harrogate in League 2 for the loan of on a year long deal) ever featuring ahead of Miovski, Duk and Ramirez this season? Would you not rather we blooded our own player than have another teams player warming our bench? It doesn't matter if he has 'potential' he's not going to feature ahead of 2 players we paid almost a million in total for and another that earns somewhere between 6k and 10k a week depending on who you believe. Permanent signing, fine.... good prospect for the future with potential of making us profit. Loan signing... whats the point.

I know Kilgore, you would argue with anything i said for the simple point of arguing. But genuinely what do you disagree with?

It's just a rumour min so quite possibly nothing in it at all. 

But the kid has been scoring goals at u23 and reserve level at the age of 17/18 so would certainly warrant a look before instantly writing him off. 

18 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Smith was a great player when he wasn't injured.  The Copenhagen game a real highlight. 

Stevie Lovell was the other treatment table hog of the Calderwood era.  Scored some cracking goals but never fit enough.

Great shout about Steve Lovell. Excellent striker when fit but when he had that training ground bust-up with Sandy Clark, the poor lad became surplus to requirements. 

32 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's just a rumour min so quite possibly nothing in it at all. 

But the kid has been scoring goals at u23 and reserve level at the age of 17/18 so would certainly warrant a look before instantly writing him off. 

I agree, i dont doubt it would warrant a look if we could get him on a permanent. The kind of prospect we should be snapping up if available. Just doubt he'd feature much in the next year so kinda pointless taking him on loan.

Its all about opinions though and would be a dull world if everyone thought the same.

10 minutes ago, styrofoamplates said:

What was that bust up about again? Was he shagging Sandy’s loon behind Amy Macdonald’s back or something? 

I am led to believe from a very reliable source, who actually seen it took place, that Stevie Lovell was a bit overzealous with a training ground challenge which old Sandy took exception to. 

A bit rich coming from Sandy Clark considering he was quite sneaky with the flailing elbows and scrapes down the achilles during his playing days. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Why are you bringing me into it when it’s slagging signings off just because I think Goodwin isn’t good enough, I generally try to give the player the benefit of the doubt until I see them play. Iv seen some on here compare duk to Austin Samuels, raving about him when we sign him, less than 90 mins of total game time, he’s crap ?

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Same folks always racing to post first that a player is shit though. 

Someone posts that we've been linked with a player and by the time you can refresh the page it's guaranteed that the usual 2 or 3 posters will already have delivered their verdict that the player is shit. 

I didn't say he was shit though. I just said that I had hoped we would be signing 2/3 more players that would make a instant impact like we did at the beginning of the window.  

28 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I am led to believe from a very reliable source, who actually seen it took place, that Stevie Lovell was a bit overzealous with a training ground challenge which old Sandy took exception to. 

A bit rich coming from Sandy Clark considering he was quite sneaky with the flailing elbows and scrapes down the achilles during his playing days. 

Fair play to Lovell. Probably injured himself in the challenge. Then did his hamstring warming up that Hun boot Macdonald for Foster. Pair of cunts. 

1 hour ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Are you a fucking idiot, taking the moral high ground when you have just said exactly what I said, you have your doubts he's ready to play week in week out. For about the 5th time it wasn't against the guy as a prospect but I had hoped the remaining 2/3 players we sign were ready to make a bigger contribution to the first team this season. Just seems like certain people can have expectations or opinions and others cant on here if they differ from certain people. 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, slippers said:

For about the 5th time it wasn't against the guy as a prospect but I had hoped the remaining 2/3 players we sign were ready to make a bigger contribution to the first team this season. 

Did you expect Ferguson to contribute what he did in his first season? Had the ball in the Burnley net before playing 180 minutes for us with a bicycle kick.... players have to start and kick on somewhere, and that could be us from an epl youngster.

3 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Did you expect Ferguson to contribute what he did in his first season? Had the ball in the Burnley net before playing 180 minutes for us with a bicycle kick.... players have to start and kick on somewhere, and that could be us from an epl youngster.

We paid semi decent money for Ferguson, he was always going to be there or thereabouts for a place in the starting eleven in his first season.

If we sign this guy on loan, he's not going to start ahead of Miovski, Duk or Ramirez and if in the small chance that he does then it'll be a shocking indictment of our recruitment in spending big money on them.

There are other positions that are far more of a priority than signing another striker.

11 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I said that if we were signing him on a permanent as a prospect for the future then that would be fine (we'd clearly not be though) but signing him on loan would be pointless. He's not going to get ahead of Miovski, Duk and Ramirez. If Ramirez stays he's 4th choice, if he goes (which he's not) he's 3rd choice. What's the point? Get one of our own young players as a benchwarmer rather than a young player from another team.

No issues with signing loan players (not from Celtic) if they're going to be first picks or at least challenging for first picks. Wouldn't be the case with this guy so whats the point?

That's not the part i highlighted and disagreed with you about. You could have just said that you didn't think he would get enough game time as a youngster on loan to make it worthwhile for any of the parties despite the fact he is obviously a very talented striker.

The part which I was highlighting that was untrue and completely negative and which you are now ignoring is that you wrote  "a player who is currently not deemed good enough or ready for Leeds reserve team". He is indeed a very talented young striker and someone who has played for their reserve team regularly from a very young age because he is so highly rated and expected to go far in the game. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

It’s a fair point. The boy looks like a good prospect. If it was a purchase it could be a great bit of business but it’s rumoured as a loan. 

13 minutes ago, minijc said:

Honestly can't believe how worked up folk are getting on a rumour in a local paper in leeds.

Not worked up over the rumour it’s the reactions of some on here that’s annoying! No you can’t have an opinion unless it matches mine, no you can’t expect top 3/4 this season it’s unrealistic having spent 1.5m on players thus far. That kind of thing.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Conveniently you have missed out the first part of your post about signing a player not good enough for the Leeds reserve team. In my book that’s downing him and basically hinting he will be shit.

Just stop posting for fuck sake

• Upvote 3