Summer 2022 Transfer Window

9 minutes ago, anderson72 said:

Leeds United youngster Max Dean could be heading for the exit doors of Thorp Arch, with Aberdeen an option for the 18-year-old. 

Rumours in Leeds 

Hmmm a player who is currently not deemed good enough or ready for Leeds reserve team. If it was a prospect for the future that we were looking to buy then fair enough but would be a pointless loan.

1 minute ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Hmmm a player who is currently not deemed good enough or ready for Leeds reserve team. If it was a prospect for the future that we were looking to buy then fair enough but would be a pointless loan.

Feel pretty similar. He has 1 year left on contract by looks. Would assume most likely won’t cost us anything so maybe not a disaster. Had just hoped the 2 or 3 coming in where real quality. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I see Statler and Waldorf have already delivered their verdicts that this boy is shit. 

Linked with the mighty Harrogate also. Im not writing him off but I hoped the club would bring in a few bigger signings to finish shaping the squad. Really strange when people call out others with different opinions from themselves on a football forum. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

Linked with the mighty Harrogate also. Im not writing him off but I hoped the club would bring in a few bigger signings to finish shaping the squad. Really strange when people call out others with different opinions from themselves on a football forum. 

Same folks always racing to post first that a player is shit though. 

Someone posts that we've been linked with a player and by the time you can refresh the page it's guaranteed that the usual 2 or 3 posters will already have delivered their verdict that the player is shit. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Same folks always racing to post first that a player is shit though. 

Someone posts that we've been linked with a player and by the time you can refresh the page it's guaranteed that the usual 2 or 3 posters will already have delivered their verdict that the player is shit. 

Again... who has said he was shit?

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The endless conveyor belt of AFC signed crocks include (off the top of my head) Cobian, Byrne, Nicholson, Velicka, Hughes, May, Devlin, Hoban, McGeouch, Gallagher, Watkins...

Na, Nicholson was a virtual ever-present min, and a good and important player for us after an admittedly slow start.  Unless you mean Jamie Smith who had injury woes? 

When fit Smith was an excellent player for us but he had an undiagnosed back issue for months and months that caused a number of hamstring and groin injuries.

We seem to be going down a different road with our transfers this year. I'd still like to see a marquee signing, a "known" quantity if you like.  But the market we are in we have to take risks with our recruitment.  The "data" might suggest that the signings are low-risk, but the rapid pace of the Scottish game might be a leveller to those stats so time will tell.

All things considered I'm optimistic.  It's inevitable that one or two of them will bomb out, that's just the way of things, but I think in particular that Miovski, Coulson and Roberts will prove to be very shrewd acquisitions.

COYR!!!

2 hours ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Paul Bernard.  £1M for 100 games across six years.  That's about 17 games a season at £10,000 a game for the transfer fee alone.

Forgot about St. Bernard.

Ach, he was excellent in the '95 league cup semi final against the dead club (a certain fat, George wife-beating bastard couldn't take it?) and scored on his debut against Partick, so I'll take it easy on the lad.