Summer 2022 Transfer Window

23 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We paid semi decent money for Ferguson, he was always going to be there or thereabouts for a place in the starting eleven in his first season.

If we sign this guy on loan, he's not going to start ahead of Miovski, Duk or Ramirez and if in the small chance that he does then it'll be a shocking indictment of our recruitment in spending big money on them.

There are other positions that are far more of a priority than signing another striker.

I don’t know if our friend Ramirez is staying. If he leaves gives us some sort of back up rather than scrambling about for any old crap. 

If not gives us some sort of back up that wouldn’t break the bank. The loaning club might not be too happy about that I suppose.

who are these bright young strikers already on our books that you speak Of ?!

22 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I don’t know if our friend Ramirez is staying. If he leaves gives us some sort of back up rather than scrambling about for any old crap. 

If not gives us some sort of back up that wouldn’t break the bank. The loaning club might not be too happy about that I suppose.

who are these bright young strikers already on our books that you speak Of ?!

I believe today is the last day of the MLS transfer window, so if he's going back to the US he'll be going today.

50 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

That's not the part i highlighted and disagreed with you about. You could have just said that you didn't think he would get enough game time as a youngster on loan to make it worthwhile for any of the parties despite the fact he is obviously a very talented striker.

The part which I was highlighting that was untrue and completely negative and which you are now ignoring is that you wrote  "a player who is currently not deemed good enough or ready for Leeds reserve team". He is indeed a very talented young striker and someone who has played for their reserve team regularly from a very young age because he is so highly rated and expected to go far in the game. 

That’s not untrue though, the article in which this whole story has come from states that they are looking to loan him out because he’s not likely to get a game for their PL2 side. If he was currently deemed good enough then that wouldn’t be the case would it? He may be talented but he’s being loaned out because he won’t get a game for Leeds or their under 23 squad. It’s as simple as that. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Are you a fucking idiot, taking the moral high ground when you have just said exactly what I said, you have your doubts he's ready to play week in week out. For about the 5th time it wasn't against the guy as a prospect but I had hoped the remaining 2/3 players we sign were ready to make a bigger contribution to the first team this season. Just seems like certain people can have expectations or opinions and others cant on here if they differ from certain people. 

Nice friendly response from someone who isnt getting worked up. ?

I wasn't taking no moral high ground I was simply suggesting you were very quick to post a message that came across as negative without actually knowing very much about the particular player and it appeared that you were jumping to a conclusion about this particular player's quality.

And I was just pointing out that you agreeing with zero that you "feel pretty similar" to a post where zero said the player "wasnt good enough or ready for reserve team football" was factually wrong.

And the part which i actually highlighted on your own post was that you said "Would assume most likely won’t cost us anything" again appeared to suggest that you didn't think he was very good, when in fact he is actually an extremely talented young striker who is very highly regarded and would cost a considerable fee.

My post earlier highlighted these exact comments which i have are wrong.  

Of course you are entitled to post your opinions, i actually said that in my post a few days ago. I just find that your posts are extremely quickly out there with criticism and negative connotation. And you are the one calling me a fucking idiot for having a different opinion and highlighting the parts of the posts which were untrue.   

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Nice friendly response from someone who isnt getting worked up. ?

I wasn't taking no moral high ground I was simply suggesting you were very quick to post a message that came across as negative without actually knowing very much about the particular player and it appeared that you were jumping to a conclusion about this particular player's quality.

And I was just pointing out that you agreeing with zero that you "feel pretty similar" to a post where zero said the player "wasnt good enough or ready for reserve team football" was factually wrong.

And the part which i actually highlighted on your own post was that you said "Would assume most likely won’t cost us anything" again appeared to suggest that you didn't think he was very good, when in fact he is actually an extremely talented young striker who is very highly regarded and would cost a considerable fee.

My post earlier highlighted these exact comments which i have are wrong.  

Of course you are entitled to post your opinions, i actually said that in my post a few days ago. I just find that your posts are extremely quickly out there with criticism and negative connotation. And you are the one calling me a fucking idiot for having a different opinion and highlighted the parts of the posts which were untrue.   

Nae point in trying logic with Slippers. But nonetheless point well made.

7 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

That’s not untrue though, the article in which this whole story has come from states that they are looking to loan him out because he’s not likely to get a game for their PL2 side. If he was currently deemed good enough then that wouldn’t be the case would it? He may be talented but he’s being loaned out because he won’t get a game for Leeds or their under 23 squad. It’s as simple as that. 

It is untrue as he just played 31games for the under 23. The journalist also states that he is behind Gelhardt and Greenwood to get into the Marsch's Leeds first team but at no point has it been said that he is not likely to get a game at PL2. They state that they want to loan him out and get games at senior level for someone to help him develop as he is unlikely to get into the Leeds first team yet. 

4 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

It is untrue as he just played 31games for the under 23. The journalist also states that he is behind Gelhardt and Greenwood to get into the Marsch's Leeds first team but at no point has it been said that he is not likely to get a game at PL2. They state that they want to loan him out and get games at senior level for someone to help him develop as he is unlikely to get into the Leeds first team yet. 

Google not working Zero ? Ffs min slipping up. 

5 minutes ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

He has played games in PL2 previously, I never said he hadn’t but the below article states that for the upcoming season with regards to Max Dean “The signing of Mateo Joseph back in January does suggest that he is unlikely to be the leading forward in the PL2 for Michael Skubala this term.”

Doesn’t seem like someone pushing for a place in Leeds first team does it if he’s not even likely to get picked for their reserves.

https://www.leedsallover.com/graham-smyth-reveals-another-leeds-united-player-has-uk-offer-to-leave-this-month/amp/

6 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

He has played games in PL2 previously, I never said he hadn’t but the below article states that for the upcoming season with regards to Max Dean “The signing of Mateo Joseph back in January does suggest that he is unlikely to be the leading forward in the PL2 for Michael Skubala this term.”

Doesn’t seem like someone pushing for a place in Leeds first team does it if he’s not even likely to get picked for their reserves.

https://www.leedsallover.com/graham-smyth-reveals-another-leeds-united-player-has-uk-offer-to-leave-this-month/amp/

I don’t think the point was that he was pushing for  a place in Leeds first team. If he was unlikely to be coming to us and even more unlikely that we should sign him rather than loan as per one of your previous posts.

Classic I am never wrong what shithousery from our resident sociopath. I am not even going to ask if you were bullied as a child.

Interesting listening to Goodwin at todays presser. Was asked about Morris, and he refused to be drawn on interest in the Fleetwood winger, whilst not denying he’s a player he’d like to work with. He said lots of things have to happen before deals are complete, including medicals.

Thought the last bit was particularly interesting and ties in with the rumours we’ve all heard. 

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Interesting listening to Goodwin at todays presser. Was asked about Morris, and he refused to be drawn on interest in the Fleetwood winger, whilst not denying he’s a player he’d like to work with. He said lots of things have to happen before deals are complete, including medicals.

Thought the last bit was particularly interesting and ties in with the rumours we’ve all heard. 

It doesn't, honestly.

• Upvote 4
39 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Brown trying to get his bitter revenge on JG & sell us a dud? ?

2 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

Looks like patience was rewarded. Fuck knows where the failed medical rumours came from.

It’s possible there was something flagged at the standard medical that required further investigation. Which was carried out today and cleared.

Who gives a fuck anyway, all sorted.