blowupsheep

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

3 hours ago, TerryMcDermott said:

Agree with this. The football under McInnes became utterly awful to watch and one of the biggest contributors for that was he insisted on buying 52 CM’s, none of which could thread a pass or unlock a defence. We became dull as dishwater and horribly predictable and easy to counter. The best way to keep the wingers a danger is to create a threat in the middle. Our link up with the main striker has to be better than we’ve seen in the 

Still finished 4th..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

I think we need another 2 or 3 wingers in. Preferably young and pacey.

And black.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

And black.

Big Jims Melanin Maniacs

24 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Preferably young and pacey.

21 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

And black.

Love Nina Simone 

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

Can’t be bothered reading this kind of stuff to be  honest. And I’m talking about petty squabbles not whether someone has 2 accounts. Not what I come on here for and find it boring. I prefer when we stick to decent discussions about the club or stuff that’s genuinely funny. 

Fine, I’ll try be funny Rico. Nobody can be bothered reading your constant dick snogging, even when the “weather” is out by 24 hours.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

I'd be surprised but things do change quite quickly especially when you are speaking to several options.

No idea who Jimmy is but he clearly knows, although I have conflicting news on Ronan.

We are definitely still after Ronan. If we do get him it's more likely to be a loan.

It's not definite we are getting him though. 

With 5 subs allowed you need a deep squad with options for all positions on the bench. I can only see Watkins and McLennan being moved on and possibly Bates if we get a replacement in. 

2 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

We are definitely still after Ronan. If we do get him it's more likely to be a loan.

As I said, conflicting, I really can't see us getting him unless something drastically changes and changes quick. 

1 minute ago, minijc said:

As I said, conflicting, I really can't see us getting him unless something drastically changes and changes quick. 

5 minutes ago, jimmydragon said:

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!

Reckon once Wolves squad announced today & if Ronan not part of it then we will make move for him. 

9 hours ago, vinny de salvo said:

A two-footed wing-back, a lcb/dcm and Ronan would be grand.

I think we should go

25 minutes ago, minijc said:

Is there now someone else that we are close to getting then if not going for Ronan? And would we go fir the two of them if Ronan became available?

7 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I think we should go

I think you should go too and never come back 😉

24 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

I think you should go too and never come back 😉

Zero self awareness shown

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Rico1903 said:

Can’t be bothered reading this kind of stuff to be  honest. And I’m talking about petty squabbles not whether someone has 2 accounts. Not what I come on here for and find it boring. I prefer when we stick to decent discussions about the club or stuff that’s genuinely funny. 

Throw in the odd career ending meltdown and I concur 

16 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Zero self awareness shown

Fully aware i'm dislike by the clique, couldn't care less.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Ronan given squad number 56

Edited by Dandys1983

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Ronan given squad number 56

Yeah just noticed that he’s been given that squad number and included in the squad for the game against Leeds 

However, it might just be until they bring on further reinforcements towards the end of August when he then becomes surplus to requirements 

Edited by sooth_stander

9 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah just noticed that he’s been given that squad number and included in the squad for the game against Leeds 

However, it might just be until they bring on further reinforcements towards the end of August when he then becomes surplus to requirements 

As much as I enjoy the prospect of seeing Ronan in that phenomenal new strip of ours I think we need to move on.

What if we miss out on Plan B because we wait until the last couple of days of the window just to find out he's staying at Wolves?

Arsed with that tinpot behaviour.

Just now, 20two20 said:

As much as I enjoy the prospect of seeing Ronan in that phenomenal new strip of ours I think we need to move on.

What if we miss out on Plan B because we wait until the last couple of days of the window just to find out he's staying at Wolves?

Agree... we end up waiting until deadline day and they decide to keep him and we'll end up missing out on other targets and desperately scraping the bottom of the barrel trying to find an option to sign in his place.

Its already dragged on all Summer, time to move on to plan B.

17 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

From what I can find is they are away to sell a a mid and bring in a holding mid from Benfica, looks like he's going to get a chance. 

13 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

Do you know something we don't? What behaviour?

6 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

think they just mean let's not be subserviant to fckin Wolves. hopefully we have some continental #10 back up plans. We've left our most important signing to last, partly I assume, because they are the hardest types of players to find. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

-Insert Manuel GIF here-. The hypothetical behaviour I just described.

I'm not saying that's what AFC are doing, but if it transpires further down the line that the reason we missed out on signing a player for that position is that we were hoping for Ronan only to be told no when it was all too late? That's tinpot and I'll stomp my feet and go in a huff.

Edit: Yeah, what the guy above me said in a far more concise way than I did.

Edited by 20two20
  • Like 1

The usual posters away to go into panic mode soon. 

Posted (edited)

I'm sure Aberdeen have been well aware of what Wolves plans were long before now, not sitting about waiting to see  what the squad lists are, pretty confident we have someone coming in soon 👍

Edited by Dandys1983
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

I agree we could do with an established/marquee #10 but at the same time we are filling the squad with loads of wingers. They can't all play. I think we could see vinny/barron there all season if a #10 doesnt come in.

Vinny has been playing it so far and looks better for it. I think Barron could be great in that role. Think his first game for us he was further forward. Can pick a pass, beat a man and great feet. Although his shooting could be a bit better.

However, he's also done very well in the more defensive role that Goodwin has put him in. I remember when Jim first came in he said something about Lewis Ferguson being played too far forward meaning he has less of the ball and less influence from one of your best players. I wonder if he sees Barron the same way.

Having said that, bringing in another number 10 would be great. Still need competition for that role