Jump to content
blowupsheep

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

Klopp loves Aberdeen, there's clearly a beautiful mutual arrangement between two European giants

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Klopp loves Aberdeen, there's clearly a beautiful mutual arrangement between two European giants

I wonder if he would loan us Thiago...

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Klopp loves Aberdeen, there's clearly a beautiful mutual arrangement between two European giants

Is that why he recalled Danny Ward to not play? 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Looks like a playmaker to me rather than your typical defensive midfielder. 

I read he was a defensive midfielder.

We’ll just have to wait & see.

I’m all for signing young players, but I think there’s a danger we’re signing too many “projects” & not enough known quality. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dad said:

I doubt the cunts a washing line shooftah son

Lovely stuff dad. It's not true what they say.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Is that why he recalled Danny Ward to not play? 

Needed the services of the best keeper in the UK at the time, tough decision but its a tough game 

Share this post


Link to post

We shouldn’t be signing anyone on loan if they aren’t going to be a starter. Use our own youth team players to fill the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

Does anyone else get the feeling Barron is away now with all the midfielders joining?

No but maybe get the feeling he's going to be injured for a whiley

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, jimmydragon said:

Incoming.

Not Ronan, hes still a target.

Fair doos, your ITK.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

No but maybe get the feeling he's going to be injured for a whiley

Out for 3 more weeks. Ligament strain. 

Share this post


Link to post
34 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I read he was a defensive midfielder.

We’ll just have to wait & see.

I’m all for signing young players, but I think there’s a danger we’re signing too many “projects” & not enough known quality. 

 

We've gone from too many 30+ players last season to mostly under 25s.

I don't want to go full Alan Hansen and "you can't win anything with kids" but I'd feel more comfortable with a couple more players in the 27 - 30 bracket who know the Scottish game 

Be interesting to know what the average age of the squad is this year compared to last.

Share this post


Link to post

The 11 signings will probably never play together as a team but it's interesting to compare them to 11 that Goodwin decided to let go.

New boys:

                    Roos

Richardson Stewart Scales Coulson. 
              Clarkson, Ramadani. 
        Morris.   Roberts.     Duk.  
                     Miovski 

Old boys:

                    Woods

Ramsay, Gallacher, Devlin, Considine. 
              Brown, McGeouch 
         Ojo,   Ferguson, Jenks 
                       Ruth

Share this post


Link to post
56 minutes ago, starryfish said:

We shouldn’t be signing anyone on loan if they aren’t going to be a starter. Use our own youth team players to fill the bench.

Bit of a catch 22. If its a bench filler surely better to loan a Liverpool one to sit on our bench and hopefully our youngster goes out on loan and plays for experience?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

Does anyone else get the feeling Barron is away now with all the midfielders joining?

No reason to think so.

We released about 42 midfielders at the end of last season and I think we have signed 1 who plays in Barron's preferred position? 

Most of the signings are wide players/attackers which we need given how shite the options we had there last year were.

Edited by Helmet

Share this post


Link to post

My source has confirmed there will be no signing this evening.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Bit of a catch 22. If its a bench filler surely better to loan a Liverpool one to sit on our bench and hopefully our youngster goes out on loan and plays for experience?

Agreed. If we’re looking to really keep Barron and develop him AND have him want to stay he has to be playing regularly. Anyone we bring in has to challenge immediately. 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Helmet said:

No reason to think so.

We released about 42 midfielders at the end of last season and I think we have signed 1 who plays in Barron's preferred position? 

Most of the signings are wide players/attackers which we need given how shite the options we had there last year were.

Just don’t know how he gets back in. Vinnie is the attacking centre mid and mcrorrie and ramadani are the holding players. 
 

Vinnie can play wide but we keep singing new wide midfielders and now another centre mid and we still have Polvara. We’re very top heavy with little cover for the defence. 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

Does anyone else get the feeling Barron is away now with all the midfielders joining?

Fuck no , Better not be hes one of our best in the making players , I can see Celtic trying to do a deal with Scales tho the swine 

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, KidCreole said:

Fuck no , Better not be hes one of our best in the making players , I can see Celtic trying to do a deal with Scales tho the swine 

This is when the mind starts going to dark places. We’re signing a lot of players who can play where he does. The plastics better not grab this kid. Maybe not the best turn of phrase considering their historical penchant. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, TerryMcDermott said:

This is when the mind starts going to dark places. We’re signing a lot of players who can play where he does. The plastics better not grab this kid. Maybe not the best turn of phrase considering their historical penchant. 

Indeed

Share this post


Link to post
24 minutes ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

Just don’t know how he gets back in. Vinnie is the attacking centre mid and mcrorrie and ramadani are the holding players. 
 

Vinnie can play wide but we keep singing new wide midfielders and now another centre mid and we still have Polvara. We’re very top heavy with little cover for the defence. 


If Clarkson is a defensive midfielder it means McCrorie can fill in at CB and RB without a drop off in midfield quality. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

We planning on signing any proven midfielders or are we going for potential all the way? 

Levitt was hardly proven when he arrived at the jutes last season. Worked out alright. Who's to say this lad doesn't do the same, make an impact and hold down a place in the team.

People are too quick to write players off based on nothing. 

2 hours ago, redstrummer said:

this guy is never a starter , don't see the point of a loanee 

He's perhaps better than what we have. Or our own youth are out getting valuable regular game time instead of warming the bench and this lad can warm the bench instead.

2 hours ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

Does anyone else get the feeling Barron is away now with all the midfielders joining?

No.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

KSL talking sense.

 

Nae much of that going on in this thread recently 

 

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Levitt was hardly proven when he arrived at the jutes last season. Worked out alright. Who's to say this lad doesn't do the same, make an impact and hold down a place in the team.

People are too quick to write players off based on nothing. 

He's perhaps better than what we have. Or our own youth are out getting valuable regular game time instead of warming the bench and this lad can warm the bench instead.

No.

The guy was recalled from Blackburn last season by Klopp because he was warming the bench.

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

People are too quick to write players off based on nothing. 

Not writing anyone off. But given our creativity problems last season, you would have thought we'd sign at least one player with pedigree, supplemented by a another couple with potential. 

And maybe that player is still to arrive. 

We've spent over a million but we're relying on gambles to solve our creativity problems. 

Perhaps Goodwin's in full on Kennedy delusion mode. We're lucky Hayes can still cut it at 35.

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Not writing anyone off. But given our creativity problems last season, you would have thought we'd sign at least one player with pedigree, supplemented by a another couple with potential. 

And maybe that player is still to arrive. 

We've spent over a million but we're relying on gambles to solve our creativity problems. 

Perhaps Goodwin's in full on Kennedy delusion mode. We're lucky Hayes can still cut it at 35.

I think Kennedy will come good tomorrow with a goal and a assist  

Share this post


Link to post

I'm still concerned defensively at right back, not convinced on Richardson yet defensively from what I've witnessed. Hopefully he grows into that or gets coached into the defensive side of things.

Looking forward to some exciting fast attacking football over the coming weeks.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...