Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2 hours ago, slippers said:

All signs point to that but hoping we can improve on next weekend. If we lose next weekend it’s alarm bells already, I know a lot with be chocking on their tea with that but it’s the reality. We need to be doing better regardless of how many new players. We at very least need a performance. Should also note that St Johnstone have brought in 10 new players so we can’t use that as an excuse come next weekend! 

If Aberdeen don’t win next week ,  the dyper  sales will go sky high. 

3 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

This defence will be lucky to keep a handful of clean sheets all season. I don't think Goodwin has it in him to improve them either,  big test of character next weekend. 

But but he said this would be the easy thing to fix. Zonal marking does my head in, different players this season but familiar failings under Goodwin

5 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

3 more new players? 

As I said yesterday, 14 new players would be an acceptance that some of the 11 already signed are not up to scratch. Either that or the manager and/or the recruitment team are equally not up to scratch. All 3 components, probably.

Coulson, Duk, Roberts, Morris and Richardson were all totally unnecessary punts. 

It will be more than 3 new players if injuries keep up at 2 per game. 

6 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

3 more new players? 

As I said yesterday, 14 new players would be an acceptance that some of the 11 already signed are not up to scratch. Either that or the manager and/or the recruitment team are equally not up to scratch. All 3 components, probably.

Coulson, Duk, Roberts, Morris and Richardson were all totally unnecessary punts. 

It's all a bit of a head scratcher to me. The sales pitch is that AFC is going to be this great development and feeder team generating big transfer fees. 

A lot of what has come in are older prospects that might be lucky to have success at Aberdeen,  let alone be sold.

Go out a lock down a loan to buy or transfer of some teenager that could actually be developed and sold. Jewison Bennette or some 18 or 19 year old makes a lot more sense than these 22-25 yr old "prospects".

Is Aberdeen flipping the entire roster again next summer? Get the popcorn. 

Every game a big game for us considering the major overhaul of team, I’m not too worried as yet, yesterday was a step backwards, I thought a new team with hopefully a new mindset would be different but yet again we make a team look good. Next week is another test. I think we do need another cb allowing Mcrorie to run about like a headless chicken in midfield clobbering everything that moves. We are badly missing Connor Barron. His drive from midfield is badly lacking. 

23 minutes ago, PondHopper said:

It's all a bit of a head scratcher to me. The sales pitch is that AFC is going to be this great development and feeder team generating big transfer fees. 

A lot of what has come in are older prospects that might be lucky to have success at Aberdeen,  let alone be sold.

Go out a lock down a loan to buy or transfer of some teenager that could actually be developed and sold. Jewison Bennette or some 18 or 19 year old makes a lot more sense than these 22-25 yr old "prospects".

Is Aberdeen flipping the entire roster again next summer? Get the popcorn. 

Aye but despite the obvious talent already on-campus we need to add a decent CAM to help in the spread offence, one that can pummel baws in the onion bag to make a score. A defender that’s good in the ruck and play hail Mary’s aw game, then our roster would be competitive, Go sports soccer ️ Woooo

ps, we tried locking down several players, but they told us tae fuck aff Ken ?

19 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Aye but despite the obvious talent already on-campus we need to add a decent CAM to help in the spread offence, one that can pummel baws in the onion bag to make a score. A defender that’s good in the ruck and play hail Mary’s aw game, then our roster would be competitive, Go sports soccer ️ Woooo

ps, we tried locking down several players, but they told us tae fuck aff Ken ?

A worthy young prospect is probably pushing 1 million plus possible sell on. Empty pockets.

4 hours ago, CCB III said:

Local journalist from down that way. 

Interesting to see what comes of it.  

"Joined the race" - suggests there's loads of teams after him... sounds ridiculous. 

He is still pretty young and may well improve, but I'd say at the moment he's not at the level we need. No good positionally or defensively and despite his pace he hasn't really offered much going forward. 

19 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

"Joined the race" - suggests there's loads of teams after him... sounds ridiculous. 

He is still pretty young and may well improve, but I'd say at the moment he's not at the level we need. No good positionally or defensively and despite his pace he hasn't really offered much going forward. 

This story will be complete bollocks. 
We won’t spend an alleged £300k on a player, only to bin him 8 weeks later after 7 games. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

We won’t spend an alleged £300k on a player, only to bin him 8 weeks later after 7 games. 

I would expect so... interesting to know whether he was bought with the intention of being our first choice RB this season, or if he was seen as more of a long term project to develop. The fact we don't have any other RBs at the club suggests the former. Wonder if we could get Ramsay back on loan...

2 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I would expect so... interesting to know whether he was bought with the intention of being our first choice RB this season, or if he was seen as more of a long term project to develop. The fact we don't have any other RBs at the club suggests the former. Wonder if we could get Ramsay back on loan...

I’d rather an experience steady streetwise right back 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It's not "binning" him to potentially send him out on loan to develop. We paid that for his potential, not how good he is now.

15 hours ago, Hoppy said:

The level of pant pishing in here is off the scale ? 

Not a very good scale then but I am unaware of which scale you are using - is it simply a football pant pishing scale or can it apply to other events eg military action/coffee prices etc - can you give details of the scale we are using to assess your statement to see if it is valid or off the scale too - if indeed that statement could applied to the scale?

We've had 1 (ONE) shite game and you lot are wanting to overhaul the squad again.

Is this your collective first season ever watching football? Teams have shit games all the time, especially when there's that many new faces in.

Gies peace. At least wait until we're out of August to soil yourselves.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3