Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I might have mentioned it before once or twice that we need another CH. 

It was quite a while ago if memory serves.

JG is making just as much a mess in our central defence as Glass did. Seems he thinks his first fix was enough  & refuses to admit he maybe should have invested more time/funds there 

Central defence will come good

38 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I might have mentioned it before once or twice that we need another CH. 

It was quite a while ago if memory serves.

JG is making just as much a mess in our central defence as Glass did. Seems he thinks his first fix was enough  & refuses to admit he maybe should have invested more time/funds there 

Central defence will come good

Ah remember when Jim told us the defence would be the easy part to sort, couple of weeks was all he'd need. That was almost 6 months ago.

1 hour ago, thurso said:

We still need a good exciting creative attacking midfielder who will score a few goals 

He'll need to be one hell of a player as it looks like we're going to have to score 3 a game to win matches ?. I'd rather he got in another centre half that can cover left centre half and left back so that we can keep Scales in the middle and also allow McCrorie to stay beside Ramadani. 

29 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

He'll need to be one hell of a player as it looks like we're going to have to score 3 a game to win matches ?. I'd rather he got in another centre half that can cover left centre half and left back so that we can keep Scales in the middle and also allow McCrorie to stay beside Ramadani. 

Lots of things I’d rather but as far as I can see the one glaring omission from our squad is a midfielder who can link attack and midfield who will also chip in with a few goals. A centre half to cover the odd game will spend most of his time out of the squad 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Maybe that guy Considine at St j?

• Upvote 2
15 minutes ago, Helmet said:

CH and CM needs have been well discussed but do we need a right back who can defend?

Interesting that we need a centre half,  a central midfielder and a right back. 

Who is the one player we have that can play all 3 of those positions? 

Is the elephant in the room that Ross McCrorie isn't good enough to be a first pick in any of those 3 positions at Aberdeen?  Jack of all trades,  master of none? 

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Is the elephant in the room that Ross McCrorie isn't good enough to be a first pick in any of those 3 positions at Aberdeen?  Jack of all trades,  master of none? 

Well it's safe to say he's not a centre back.... nor the attacking midfielder required. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He would have been a better pick for the central 3 than Clarkson or Besuijen on Saturday. 

He's not a centre half

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Possibly but what's certain is he can't play all 3 of them at the same time.

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Decent in Central midfield for me and based on what we have at the moment he'd be a starter there everytime. The downside for him is we don't have (good enough) cover at centre back

45 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Decent in Central midfield for me and based on what we have at the moment he'd be a starter there everytime. The downside for him is we don't have (good enough) cover at centre back

He covers a lot of ground, great pace, adds physicality, wins balls in the air and is good at intercepting and okay at tackling. Good attributes for a midfielder. However he is hopeless at passing the ball, which is surely THE key attribute of a midfielder.

They say absence makes the heart grow fonder. Certainly true in McCrorie’s case of not playing midfield recently. 
By not playing there some people have built him up to be some kind of essential midfield maestro. Reality is if he’s a central midfielder for 1 of the biggest teams in the country, then it shows how far Scotland is still behind most of Europe. (Although Motherwell and Dundee united have already shown that to be fair)

3 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Let’s be honest McCrorie would have made about 20 appearances in total if we was with Aberdeen for 4 seasons between 2015 & 2018

5 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

He chose to leave for a new challenge. I doubt "get aberdeen into the top 6" was that challenge. 

Yeah, but he seems to be struggling to get a move. With a world Cup round the corner and him having no game time or a pre season behind him, he could miss out on what would be his last world cup