Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Bomber said:

Is the reason Forrest wasn't playing yesterday because he's signed a pre contract with us?? There was some chatter a few weeks back that we were interested.

Had the same thought when I seen he wasn’t even on the bench and can’t find anything saying he’s injured. 

57 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Had the same thought when I seen he wasn’t even on the bench and can’t find anything saying he’s injured. 

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/contract-talks-between-hearts-and-alan-forrest-as-several-scottish-clubs-eye-livingston-winger-3648337

You’d imagine Hearts would be favourites.

Let’s hope so. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

According to the report he’d be squad depth at Hearts, can see Aberdeen saying he’d be a starter.

He wouldn’t be one of my top picks.

22 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

Nor mine but he's better than Kennedy and McLennan so it would be an improvement although not the sort of signing that would get us back into the top 4 or 5.

The bar is extremely low and nearly anybody would be an improvement on those two useless cunts

10 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's been agreed and they are holding off announcing it. 

Might well be a decent signing, but the snotters and crying upon the announcement wouldn't be very good. 

59 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he's been agreed and they are holding off announcing it. 

Might well be a decent signing, but the snotters and crying upon the announcement wouldn't be very good. 

If he’s signed on a reasonable wage I’d accept it. Probably have to offer him a very good package to accept us which I’m not sure he’s good enough but it certainly can’t be argued that he’s better than what we have! 

13 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Barry Anderosn was quoted on twitter saying that Utd had offered a massive wage to him, so could tempt him

Would like to see us get him as he cant be worse than McLennan or Kennedy 

2 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Barry Anderosn was quoted on twitter saying that Utd had offered a massive wage to him, so could tempt him

Would like to see us get him as he cant be worse than McLennan or Kennedy 

No, disagree.

Not being worse than Kennedy & McLennan is no basis to sign a winger.

I can’t be arsed looking after screaming kids, they do my head in. 
But I’d be better than Kate & Gerry McCann. Would you hire me as a baby sitter? 

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No, disagree.

Not being worse than Kennedy & McLennan is no basis to sign a winger.

I can’t be arsed looking after screaming kids, they do my head in. 
But I’d be better than Kate & Gerry McCann. Would you hire me as a baby sitter? 

In my opinion he would strengthen us, he's one of the most productive players in the league at a side that aren't exactly known for their free flowing attacking football.  We could do a lot worse in signing someone that knows how to graft, has decent ability about them and knows what their job is, too many of our players give in at the first opportunity. 

This season he's scored 5 goals, only two of our players beat that, he's had 5 assists which is more than any single player we have, he's dribbled with the ball twice as much as any of our players and he's 11th in the league for accurate crosses, only Ramsay beats that, all of that coupled with his work rate means he'd be a substantial upgrade on what we've got.

• Upvote 2
27 minutes ago, minijc said:

In my opinion he would strengthen us, he's one of the most productive players in the league at a side that aren't exactly known for their free flowing attacking football.  We could do a lot worse in signing someone that knows how to graft, has decent ability about them and knows what their job is, too many of our players give in at the first opportunity. 

This season he's scored 5 goals, only two of our players beat that, he's had 5 assists which is more than any single player we have, he's dribbled with the ball twice as much as any of our players and he's 11th in the league for accurate crosses, only Ramsay beats that, all of that coupled with his work rate means he'd be a substantial upgrade on what we've got.

The data ?

I’m not convinced by him. 

Then again I’ll reserve judgement until I see who we do end up signing (& in what division - we’re a defeat away from shitting ourselves about a play off). 

Signing Forrest wouldn't fill me with inspiration. To my mind he's an SPL journeyman with the occasional ability to turn things his side's way in a close contest.

However we are currently so shit that I'm now thinking our rehabillitation into being a a decent side is going to be a minimum of 2 seasons. But possibly a good deal longer. On that basis, he'd be an upgrade on what we currently have. So i'd accept him for what he is if it does transpire that we might already have him tied up on a pre-contract. He won't be on a fortune at Livi and you wouldn't imagine it would take a massive uplift in pay to get him to sign on the dotted line

But if we don't, then if the arabs want to spunk a hefty wage on him they are welcome to him. 

55 minutes ago, Roberto said:

So random. Cove are flying, just got promoted and play excellent football at times and goes to Thistle who Cove will finish above next season. IMO.

A stab at full time fitba though. Chuck whatever his 9-5 is and go all in..... he'll probably regret it by the time he's 33 mind you. If Livingstons average salary is 40k a year fuck knows what Particks is. Its no surprise part time teams could start doing better than full time at that level

5 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

What's the criteria for dribbling? Most keepers will dribble the ball more than the majority of outfield players as they piss about at the back. A useless and irrelevant stat. 

A successful dribble means the player beats the defender and retains possession. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

What's the criteria for dribbling? Most keepers will dribble the ball more than the majority of outfield players as they piss about at the back. A useless and irrelevant stat.