Summer 2022 Transfer Window

14 minutes ago, torry_battery_ram said:

This could be a problem for us all summer. Dundee United and Hearts are both likely to be in Europe so will be a more attractive move than bottom 6 Aberdeen

If we offer a player more money than the likes of United over a 2 or 3 year contract you'd think they'd still come here rather than plumping for a few qualifying games in Europe in the middle of their summer holidays. 

2 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

This could be a problem for us all summer. Dundee United and Hearts are both likely to be in Europe so will be a more attractive move than bottom 6 Aberdeen

Hearts have recruited very well without the European money they will receive. They could end up signing some very good players in the summer with the guarantee of European football until at least Xmas next season. Them signing Simms on loan in January makes our failure to sign a striker even more galling. He looks a player and i'd have been delighted to get him here. 

4 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

I certainly wouldn't worry about United,they are currently around 130% wages to turnover, they can't sustain anything like that for long, they will need to be trimming back a hell of a lot. 

11 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

I certainly wouldn't worry about United,they are currently around 130% wages to turnover, they can't sustain anything like that for long, they will need to be trimming back a hell of a lot. 

A would, mark ogren has more money than cormack!, after selling his dads company croix oil.he’s also got software businesses and real estate businesses, he sold his oil company for “well into eight figures”, cormack had a partnership in the Silicon Valley in other words shared wealth when sold?.can easily justify that in football terms, especially in the Scottish league

Alan Forrest would be another decent spfl player the same as Matty Kennedy.

No better or worse.

It's not worked out great for Kennedy but that's not to say Forrest would not be ok.

However unfortunately I am gonna say his ceiling is 'fairly decent spfl player' eg unless there is a lot of decent players elsewhere in the team its not working out 

10 hours ago, Dons79 said:

A would, mark ogren has more money than cormack!, after selling his dads company croix oil.he’s also got software businesses and real estate businesses, he sold his oil company for “well into eight figures”, cormack had a partnership in the Silicon Valley in other words shared wealth when sold?.can easily justify that in football terms, especially in the Scottish league

Personal wealth clearly doesn't matter otherwise Aberdeen would have been romping it from 1997 onwards. Instead we were paying 50k for Leon Mike

12 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Alan Forrest would be another decent spfl player the same as Matty Kennedy.

No better or worse.

It's not worked out great for Kennedy but that's not to say Forrest would not be ok.

However unfortunately I am gonna say his ceiling is 'fairly decent spfl player' eg unless there is a lot of decent players elsewhere in the team its not working out 

I don't know a lot about Alan Forrest to be honest. I find a lot of folk on here say they dont watch any other Scottish football but as soon as we are linked with another player everyone acts like they've been watching them day in day out. 

We have a tendency to turn our noses up at local players. I bet anyone would take Ross Stewart now, but that was a vile prospect when he was a County player. Nobody wanted John McGinn from St Mirren and most didn't even think he was good enough while he was at Hibs (Ok I was one of them ? Might have been wrong...)

That said, I guess we have been stung my some very shit SPFL signings like Jet, Main, Storey, Kennedy, the list goes on....

12 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

They did. I just meant we were linked with him and now a fucking Peterhead goalie. Terrible rumours. 

Ah gotcha min. 

Aye, nae many exciting rumours just now. Probably because we're not safe yet and have bigger fish to fry! 

Most of the rumours are made up shite anyway tbf.  As long as we're not getting told on the 1st of September that we were "really close" to getting a South American International winger and a German u21 striker but couldn't get them over the line but we're delighted that Matty Kennedy has overcame his back injury and Connor McLennan has been flying in pre season training so they'll be like 2 new signings. 

25 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

They did. I just meant we were linked with him and now a fucking Peterhead goalie. Terrible rumours. 

At least the rumours haven't came true, that would be worse. 

Like when we were rumoured to be linked with a 26 year old Atlanta 2 right back who had a handful of professional appearances and a striker from Wolves who'd bombed on loan in the English lower divisions.