blowupsheep

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

34 minutes ago, thurso said:

Does anyone know who the good young centre halfs that are coming through are 

Evan Towlers and Mason Hancock I presume. 

Let’s hope and pray any decent signing targets fall for the ‘this has been a transitional season’ line. 

1 hour ago, Rico1903 said:

Let’s hope and pray any decent signing targets fall for the ‘this has been a transitional season’ line. 

And that they haven't been watching us under Goodwin or Glass for that matter.

Get that Dylan Levitt signed up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Get that Dylan Levitt signed up. 

Mate of mine is an Arab, said he's on £10k a week, can't see anyone in scotland bar the ugly sisters getting him, will no doubt have offers in England 

We need a couple of grafters in the team, guys like Steve Tosh or Graeme Shinnie who will fight for everything and drive the team on.

That allows Barron to sit and play passes, use his vision.

Then I'd settle for a Shearer/Mixu type partnership up front..

😁

6 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

We need a couple of grafters in the team, guys like Steve Tosh or Graeme Shinnie who will fight for everything and drive the team on.

That allows Barron to sit and play passes, use his vision.

Then I'd settle for a Shearer/Mixu type partnership up front..

😁

Reckon all the former players you mentioned would put in a better display in their present condition than the fuckin muppets we have conning us week in, week out.

• Haha 1

Nobody knew anything about the Vinny signing. So maybe there might be one or two of these in the pipeline 🤞

47 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Mate of mine is an Arab, said he's on £10k a week, can't see anyone in scotland bar the ugly sisters getting him, will no doubt have offers in England 

Have we not been spending 10k on Ramirez 👀

This ain’t getting fixed in one transfer window; it’s going to take 3 or 4, to fully fix the latter days of the McInnes reign and the Glass fiasco.

If he only takes in 6 players this summer, as long as they are of the right quality and character, that will have to do for stage 1. And then the January window will be minor adjustments, ahead of another major recruitment drive the following summer.

Anybody thinking this is getting fixed this summer is plain nuts

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

This ain’t getting fixed in one transfer window; it’s going to take 3 or 4, to fully fix the latter days of the McInnes reign and the Glass fiasco.

If he only takes in 6 players this summer, as long as they are of the right quality and character, that will have to do for stage 1. And then the January window will be minor adjustments, ahead of another major recruitment drive the following summer.

Aye there is so much to do after a disaster in recruitment and on field displays. Small improvements and a sign that there is a plan for the future might have to suffice for this coming season. This could make for poor viewing next season, we could look like a "hard to beat" team at times. Could be difficult to get the right balance for the team in 1 window, so if it is only 6 it will have to be 6 of decent quality like you say.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

We have been so so bad this season then we cant be doing anything other than fixing things this summer.

Weve won about 5 games out of the last 30.

Whether folk think fixing it is being 6th, 5th, 4th, Hampden, Silverware etc I guess is what you are meaning.

We finished 2 points off top six. It wont be hard to fix things a little bit

45 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Seen a lot of this. Things in football change fast. Hearts got beat by fucking Brora last season. It doesn’t need 3/4 windows at all. 

• Upvote 3

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

We have been so so bad this season then we cant be doing anything other than fixing things this summer.

Weve won about 5 games out of the last 30.

Whether folk think fixing it is being 6th, 5th, 4th, Hampden, Silverware etc I guess is what you are meaning.

We finished 2 points off top six. It wont be hard to fix things a little bit

And the muppets who call themselves Directors  and Chairman Have sat on their fat asses and watched the debacle take place , and did jack shit. Not only a player clear out but a refining fire through pittodrie, and once that happens and the ashes settle only then will you see regrowth. 

Edited by shooftahmooftah
Clear Out.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Season over for all now. Any pre contract deals can now be announced, let’s see what thought into next season the chairman and Manager have.

1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Aye there is so much to do after a disaster in recruitment and on field displays. Small improvements and a sign that there is a plan for the future might have to suffice for this coming season. This could make for poor viewing next season, we could look like a "hard to beat" team at times. Could be difficult to get the right balance for the team in 1 window, so if it is only 6 it will have to be 6 of decent quality like you say.

I'd have hoped the new manager might have made us hard to beat. He said that fixing the defence would be the easy part, just the one clean sheet so far.

20 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Season over for all now. Any pre contract deals can now be announced, let’s see what thought into next season the chairman and Manager have.

I don’t think there are any pre contracts to announce. If there had been, we’d have announced them 

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

I don’t think there are any pre contracts to announce. If there had been, we’d have announced them 

How would we have?  

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

No reason why we cant be challenging for third if we get the recruitment right with even 6 signings, providing we have a capable manager in charge which is still up for debate. Motherwell have just qualified for Europe having won about 2 games this calendar year! One thing we can all agree on is that we have to hit the ground running next season.

34 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

When do you think the best time to announce the extension of Montgomery's loan will be? If that rumours are to be true. 

20 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I'd have hoped the new manager might have made us hard to beat. He said that fixing the defence would be the easy part, just the one clean sheet so far.

Aye I think the difficulty he had with that was what he inherited. Ne flexibity for player rotation given our squad players. I think we could have done better on that front since he came in but we were conceding goals with that defence before and after he arrived.

15 minutes ago, minijc said:

How would we have?  

How would we have announced any pre-contracts?

Are you a bit simple? 

2 hours ago, Granite95 said:

Open the warchest 

• Haha 1

Just now, sooth_stander said:

How would we have announced any pre-contracts?

Are you a bit simple? 

There are various reasons as to why an agreement hasn't been made public, for starters we've only just secured out position in this league, players we are signing have jobs to do at their clubs and maybe don't want to risk getting dropped out of their team by announcing a move to us or another side.

22 minutes ago, starryfish said:

I wonder the impact of that on Goodwin himself. Having seen the players, he clearly had a lot of belief in himself to get it sorted quickly and is now having to admit he's failed. Is it a case of solely blaming the players (understandable, to be fair) or has it also knocked his own confidence and self-belief. 

47 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Safe to say folk will be taking 2 or so weeks holiday from Monday so any deals weve got in the bag will be announced Friday/Monday. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

When do you think the best time to announce the extension of Montgomery's loan will be? If that rumours are to be true. 

Never a good time for that announcement. 

The lad is way short of being top flight ready for a team that doesn't have the quality that the likes of Celtic have. 

It's one thing accommodating a young player amongst the rest of their players, it's quite another thing supplanting him into an inferior team. 

Unless something has changed, I can't see Montgomery being here next season.

🤣 if JG sanctions the extension of Montgomery deal he should be sacked with immediate effect & should get nowhere near the transfer kitty 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2