Summer 2022 Transfer Window

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Wonder if it’s quite advanced as St Mirren appear to have dropped him.

Cutting their nose off to spite their face if they do that. A Scottish Cup QF that's very winnable especially with Hearts having a load ofinjury problems. And with such a massive prize waiting if they could actually win the Cup.

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Wonder if it’s quite advanced as St Mirren appear to have dropped him.

Think he’s injured 

They’ll not drop him when they have genuine chances of a trip to Hampden & a European place to play for.

Don’t be surprised to see him play in the cup quarter final at Hearts today.

As for Siegrist/Clark/Alnwick, from the little I’ve seen of them I’d put Siegrist ahead of the other two.   
All pretty good SPFL keepers though. 

8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Think he’s injured 

They’ll not drop him when they have genuine chances of a trip to Hampden & a European place to play for.

Don’t be surprised to see him play in the cup quarter final at Hearts today.

As for Siegrist/Clark/Alnwick, from the little I’ve seen of them I’d put Siegrist ahead of the other two.   
All pretty good SPFL keepers though. 

Die grist is a lot better than both of them I’d say and should be one we go for. 
I don’t think either of Clark/Alnwick are any better than Lewis 

24 minutes ago, thurso said:

Die grist is a lot better than both of them I’d say and should be one we go for. 
I don’t think either of Clark/Alnwick are any better than Lewis 

Siegrist will get a better offer from an English club.

So could Clark & Alnwick potentially, but more likely Siegrist.

Lewis WAS a great keeper, but his saves/shots ratio is one of the worst in the league now.   

What I’d say though is that can we afford to have both our keepers as two of our highest earners at the club? Seems mad to me, unless Joe has expressed a wish to return to England maybe?

As much as it would be great to have Lewis & one of the three as our keepers, it would seem a luxury we can’t afford. 

21 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Siegrist will get a better offer from an English club.

So could Clark & Alnwick potentially, but more likely Siegrist.

Lewis WAS a great keeper, but his saves/shots ratio is one of the worst in the league now.   

What I’d say though is that can we afford to have both our keepers as two of our highest earners at the club? Seems mad to me, unless Joe has expressed a wish to return to England maybe?

As much as it would be great to have Lewis & one of the three as our keepers, it would seem a luxury we can’t afford. 

Lewis actually has the worst shot to save in the league but that’s more to do with we give up very few chances on goal but when we do they are mistakes so the other team can hardly miss. 

Lewis is on to high a wage to sit as a number 2 unless he leaves I think a keepers wage should be spent somewhere else that’s more important like a creative midfielder 

36 minutes ago, thurso said:

Lewis actually has the worst shot to save in the league but that’s more to do with we give up very few chances on goal but when we do they are mistakes so the other team can hardly miss. 

Lewis is on to high a wage to sit as a number 2 unless he leaves I think a keepers wage should be spent somewhere else that’s more important like a creative midfielder 

We've sat on that argument too long. Lewis just makes too many blunders to push replacing him down the line any longer. Especially when the replacement is available for free. I'd also much prefer Siegrist or Clark but Goodwin knows Alnwick so if it's what transpires we all just have to get behind the decision. 

WW does make a valid point about having him sitting on the bench picking up (for us) a very hefty wage. Despite being increasingly shite for the past 3 seasons, he has been a good servant to the club and if a club down south comes in for him I hope we don't ask for a fee.

17 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

So you think the club signed mcnamara, Hartley, Bryson and Brown not hoping for them to be as influential as Robson was? Deary me.

Nope. To you and the other clever dicks was attempting to make the point that our strike rate for signing experienced players on expensive contracts towards the end of their careers ain't too good. We clearly require to supplement the younger players with experience but, hopefully,  not players ready for the knackers yard. 

I may of seen the potential for say Brown to continue playing as a sweeper, and influence those around him from there, but his legs are no longer fit enough in midfield,  especially if the tactics are to "hunt in packs" or the like.

McNamara was garbage leading up to QOS debacle,  Hartley ran out of steam within a season and was Bryson ever really fit?

In conclusion we will require experience but may have to sign players closer to 30 than 35, just to make sure that the risk of them "losing it" is somewhat reduced.

22 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Not against bringing in a new keeper.

Lewis still under contract? Potential for Woods to be released and Lewis to take up player (#2) / goalkeeper coach role...

And not just for another year......

You can pin the blame for this exclusively on McInnes. Ridiculous contract extension

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I'd imagine the Lewis situation is something that has been mutually discussed and agreed if it's true. 

Along the lines of if you want to go back down south in the summer we won't charge a fee if you find yourself a gig. 

Or maybe he'll stay and fight for his place?

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Also a possibility. Could be that Woods moves on. 

For me it has to be Woods that moves, keeping Lewis and signing Alnwick is an upgrade, signing him then losing Lewis is a downgrade, in an ideal world the competition for the starting place should see some improvement from Lewis, if he isn't good enough to hold the position he should be a decent stand in that we can rely on.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t remember it being the feelings when it was announced? 
Maybe my memory is playing tricks. 

I think McInnes used the extra money paid to the captain to secure contract extensions for players he wanted to keep rather than who might be the best captain. 

Worked with Shinnie 

Less so for Lewis and Jack. 

23 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t want to go fishing here, but could the goalkeeping coach role go to a firmer keeper of ours in the summer?…

Goodwin might take Langfield back up the road? 

That is a possibility I suppose.

Would depend if Clangers wanted to uproot his family and move back up. I'd imagine his kids are of an age now where moving schools wouldn't be in their best interests regard how much hom and his Mrs liked it up here before.

On 3/11/2022 at 11:17 AM, minijc said:

Maybe putting 2 and 2 together here but I think we'll go for Alnwick, he's outperforming both Zander Clark and Siegrist over a couple of key metrics, miles ahead of lewis this season too, obviously Goodwin knows him well.

One other player in our league that we should try to sign is McCart from St Johnstone although I imagine Hibs will be trying to get him on a pre contract but would be a great addition to our side. 

I'd take both Rooney & McCart from St Johnstone.

Don't know much about Alnwick tbh but see he's now linked in todays papers. Is he better than Joe?

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'd take both Rooney & McCart from St Johnstone.

Don't know much about Alnwick tbh but see he's now linked in todays papers. Is he better than Joe?

I would say he's better than what Lewis has shown in last two seasons however not as good as Joe when he was at his peak for us.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Conor Ronan.

Get the lad targeted for next season.

About time we added to the “African Sunsets” in the squad. 

Doubt we'll get him, think Wolves will look to stick him in to a championship side.

7 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Agree with that.

Alnwick far more comfortable with the ball at his feet. 
Not saying much though as Joe is hopeless at that. 

I was looking earlier and Alnwick has made the most saves in the league this season with 52, Lewis has only made 15.

23 minutes ago, minijc said:

Doubt we'll get him, think Wolves will look to stick him in to a championship side.

I was looking earlier and Alnwick has made the most saves in the league this season with 52, Lewis has only made 15.

Aye, agreed. 

7 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Absolute no brainer, Robinson was saying they wanted to extend his loan deal, sure wolves wanted 500k back in January for him. 

Lewis goals conceded to shots faced is the worst in the league I think. 

24 minutes ago, minijc said:

Stats shmats ?

St’s have also shipped 40 goals in the league so far.

Alnwick shipped 10% of that in today’s cup game alone ?

He may be a better keeper (I honestly do not know as never paid much attention to him) & I am all for Lewis getting replaced if he is indeed replaced with better as Lewis has made more & more mistakes the past couple of seasons but I guess some of that can also be attributed to the whole team (especially defence) being brutally shite. 

Lewis’s one strength has always been coming for high balls from corners etc but one on ones he gives me the shits nowadays.