Summer 2022 Transfer Window

20 minutes ago, Parklife said:

A guy who spent last season mainly as a sub for Forest Green. 

Fuck me how uninspiring! Typical! But i expect this kind of unambitious shite.

34 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Hearing we have signed some boy called Sadou Diallo on a 3 year contract

These are the knd of signings Goodwin makes. Not everyone is going to be from Holland or costing us a transfer fee. 

Msybe we are signing him as a back up midfielder. A cheaper option. I'd be concerned if he can't get into a League 2 team and we sign him to be a first team regular. But we will make more of this type of signing. 

3 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

These are the knd of signings Goodwin makes. Not everyone is going to be from Holland or costing us a transfer fee. 

Msybe we are signing him as a back up midfielder. A cheaper option. I'd be concerned if he can't get into a League 2 team and we sign him to be a first team regular. But we will make more of this type of signing. 

Will we aye? Well how utter fucking diddy are we if he is being signed as a 1st team regular.

Maybe he's Fergusons replacement haha 

I will wait & see the standard of signings we make, I am like all the fans looking  for abit more ambitious signings, guys who will make a difference, no bit part players who can't get a game at Cowdenbeath.

6 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Will we aye? Well how utter fucking diddy are we if he is being signed as a 1st team regular.

Maybe he's Fergusons replacement haha 

We are at the srage where we are needing to build a squad again. Maybe Goodwin plans to punt Campbell? This guy could be his replacement. We just don't know. We've never seen the guy play. Motherwell signed these sorts of players all the time. Half of them turn out to be good players. 

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

We are at the srage where we are needing to build a squad again. Maybe Goodwin plans to punt Campbell? This guy could be his replacement. We just don't know. We've never seen the guy play. Motherwell signed these sorts of players all the time. Half of them turn out to be good players. 

I’d say the thing with this guy is he looks more a defensive midfielder and we don’t really need one of them at all.

1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

It doesn't sound so bad when you see that he's only one season since leaving the EPL. Been at Man City and Wolves.

We do need experienced centre mids though assuming Ferguson will leave at some point before 1st September

Austen Samuels was also at Wolves….

6 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It doesn't sound so bad when you see that he's only one season since leaving the EPL. Been at Man City and Wolves.

We do need experienced centre mids though assuming Ferguson will leave at some point before 1st September

Exactly this. That Beni Baningime had played fuck all football and he is bossing it at hearts. 

1 hour ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

Most of our support think anyone actually wants to play for us, we've been shite for best part of 40 years. Fuck being the Aberdeen manager what a thankless task.

It's more realistic to say we've been shite for the best part of 118 years, with a wee 15 year or so window of being decent. I think folk forget we were generally crap and miles behind Rangers & Celtic before MacLeod, McNeil & of course Ferguson. Lets just depress ourselves and take 79-80 to 89-90 out of the equation... 108 years

League titles: 1

Scottish Cup: 2

League Cup: 4

SHITE

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It's more realistic to say we've been shite for the best part of 118 years, with a wee 15 year or so window of being decent. I think folk forget we were generally crap and miles behind Rangers & Celtic before MacLeod, McNeil & of course Ferguson. Lets just depress ourselves and take 79-80 to 89-90 out of the equation... 108 years

SHITE

And we've just finished 10th..... the cunt is probably thinking fuck that yet here our fans are saying he's not good enough ?

3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

SHITE

Wish it wasn't so but you ain't wrong. I'm just glad i seen us win the majority of our trophies, fuck im getting old...

51 minutes ago, thurso said:

I’d say the thing with this guy is he looks more a defensive midfielder and we don’t really need one of them at all.

No idea if we are interested in him. It was rumoured that our scouts had been watching Ebou Adams who was the star midfielder in the FG team but he has just left them to join Cardiff so maybe we have spotted Diallo while watching Adams.  

But if we are interested it doesn't sound like Rob Edwards who was his youth coach at City, also his coach for the development team at Wolves and then took him to FG thinks the defensive side of his game is his strength and that's actually what he needs to work on going by an interview he did a few months ago.  

You’ve known Sadou Diallo since he was around 16 when he was at Manchester City. Was his talent obvious back then?

You can’t not notice his talent because he’s so good with the ball and he was like that as a young player and he’ll be like that when he’s 35. He’ll always be a good footballer. He’s very intelligent, silky on the ball and just a good footballer. It was pleasing to see the other side to his game, because that’s where there have been question marks in the past. When he does all those things right, he looks like a real player and I was pleased with him at the weekend.

Sadou Diallo has had to be patient since joining, but he made his first league start at Hartlepool. How pleased were you with him?

Very pleased. He’s an excellent footballer, a real technician. He’s had to be patient and we have some really tough decisions to make in that area, because we have real quality. I was delighted with him. He loves football. Sadou loves playing football. What’s impressed me over the last couple of months is that he’s really worked hard on his all-round game. Whether that’s stuff in the gym, whether that’s doing extra stuff after training - he’s just trying to become as good as he can be. Technically he’s brilliant, but it’s not just about technique, you need to be reliable with second balls, headers, tackles, blocks and tracking runners. He did a lot of those ugly things at the weekend. That was very pleasing. I saw him do it against Walsall as well. He’s got our trust, which is brilliant. We have lots of competition in that area of the field.