Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Expect us to have a first team squad of 23 - 25 by the end of the window, ideally with the vast majority in before the cup group stages starting on the 9th July.  Definitely not pissing my pants yet (clean off the line and this pair has to last me all week), but recruitment team have their work cut out.  Would be good to see one or two arriving this week.

First team squad won't be anywhere near 23 players.  That would require over 10 new signings - which wont happen.  I'd guess we'll be around 16-18 contracted player, supplemented by youth players and loanees.  Given the huge squad turnover, I reckon we'll end up using close to our full allocation of loan signings.

17 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

First team squad won't be anywhere near 23 players.  That would require over 10 new signings - which wont happen.  I'd guess we'll be around 16-18 contracted player, supplemented by youth players and loanees.  Given the huge squad turnover, I reckon we'll end up using close to our full allocation of loan signings.

I was including loanees in my numbers.  By first team squad I meant the pool of players Goodwin has to pick from on a match day if everyone is fit, including loanees and and promoted youth players.

Still anticipating McLennan, Campbell, Kennedy and Ramirez to leave.

Joe Lewis may leave (as others have suggested) depending on who we sign as a goalie.

I don't think we'll hear much in the way of new players for a few weeks. The club might want to generate more excitement by announcing new signings all at the same time.

I’d asking the question who is available to Liverpool when Ramsay goes there. Maybe get a favour or two for doing business. They clearly know we give young players a chance and help them develop.
Also, surely our new mates Juventus have a player or two. 2 or 3 loans from a combination of those two teams on paper should be strong/exciting. 

48 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I’d asking the question who is available to Liverpool when Ramsay goes there. Maybe get a favour or two for doing business. They clearly know we give young players a chance and help them develop.
Also, surely our new mates Juventus have a player or two. 2 or 3 loans from a combination of those two teams on paper should be strong/exciting. 

Maybe they were all due here on thursday but missed their flights? 

1 hour ago, ThomohawkKid said:

We'll maybe get Ryan McLaughlin on loan again 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Wonder how many we have in for pre season for in a few weeks. They say every season they want all our business done before pre season then backtrack a few weeks later. 

It's a nonsense statement though because all the better under contract players aren't available until later in the window because their clubs need to replace them first before selling them.

2 hours ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Just because they are signed to Liverpool doesn't mean they are guaranteed to be any good. Remember they loaned us Ryan McLaughlin a few seasons back and he was fkn mince.......EDIT just noticed aberdeen1970 beat me to it

And Juve loaned Aaron Ramsey to sevco. Turns out he's fkn mince too

• Haha 1
Just now, sooth_stander said:

What happened to the halycon days of announcing pre contracts in Jan, or Feb, or March........

'kin almost into June and we've no new players yet for next season

Our club is a circus didn't you know?  A little over 3 weeks till players are back as well. Everyone is full of BS at our club and cormack is the instigator of it all.

8 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Still anticipating McLennan, Campbell, Kennedy and Ramirez to leave.

Joe Lewis may leave (as others have suggested) depending on who we sign as a goalie.

I don't think we'll hear much in the way of new players for a few weeks. The club might want to generate more excitement by announcing new signings all at the same time.

Ramirez

I didnt realise the MLS transfer window is closed at the moment.

I was wondering why he was swanning around on holiday (now his second holiday) rather than getting cracking with another club.

16 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

What happened to the halycon days of announcing pre contracts in Jan, or Feb, or March........

'kin almost into June and we've no new players yet for next season

Total player power has happened, they hold now awaiting the best best offer, also social media rise players get slaughtered so much if it’s announced so early 

16 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

Our club is a circus didn't you know?  A little over 3 weeks till players are back as well. Everyone is full of BS at our club and cormack is the instigator of it all.

Its one thing (and the correct thing) to bin all the underperforming players that were incorrectly signed last summer but its another to not have any new players lined up.

Goodwin said 3 weeks ago that he is constantly asking his Head of Recruitment, and his DoF - "Any word on those players we have made offers to?" so it looks like the indentification has been done, its the delivery that's the failure.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

Its one thing (and probably the correct thing) to bin all the underperforming players that were incorrectly signed last summer but its another to not have any new players lined up.

Goodwin said 3 weeks ago that he is constantly asking his Head of Recruitment, and his DoF - "Any word on those players we have made offers to?" so it looks like the indetification has been done, its the delivery that's the failure.

Obviously we've failed to entice those players we were apparently talking to. Our recruitment team are pish anyway. 

21 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Would've expected a signing or 2 by now. Not pissing pants yet but a touch strange there's been nothing when you consider the state we're in.

It'll certainly be a concern if the new strip is launched in the next 1-2 weeks using existing players as I am currently blindly hoping we are holding a PCA signing back for this haha

3 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Under McInnes I seem to recall that most signings weren't made until pre season training had started? 

We've never had such a rebuild to do. Goodwin saying 3-4weeks ago he was hoping there would be good news for fans re new players soon. There just pish in every department. The Dof is a joke the jakey looking cunt!! 

35 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

We've never had such a rebuild to do. Goodwin saying 3-4weeks ago he was hoping there would be good news for fans re new players soon. There just pish in every department. The Dof is a joke the jakey looking cunt!! 

It'll be hard to find players willing to come and play for Goodwin, he's proven he's not a good man manager. We are going to be a mess next season with a worse squad than the season just past.

Just now, zeroisgod76 said:

It'll be hard to find players willing to come and play for Goodwin, he's proven he's not a good man manager. We are going to be a mess next season with a worse squad than the season just past.

That's my worry  I don't think I could take another similar season.

2 minutes ago, The D.O.C.1903 said:

That's my worry  I don't think I could take another similar season.

I think its becoming clear that decent players dont want to come here, the fact we struggled to get players in back in January and so far haven't made any signings in the summer doesn't bode well.

The fact its been 5 years since we finished higher than 4th in the league, 4 years since our last cup final and 8 years since we won one, still never progressed through the qualifiers in Europe and now have a shit chairman who consistently hires shit managers means we are not the draw we used to be.

1 hour ago, CCB III said:

Would've expected a signing or 2 by now. Not pissing pants yet but a touch strange there's been nothing when you consider the state we're in.

Can identify as many signing targets as we like.....but we can't make anyone sign for us. Bog standard players can earn at least as much as we pay in numerous leagues around Europe, even the English third level has a number of clubs that can pay more than we do. 

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Can identify as many signing targets as we like.....but we can't make anyone sign for us. Bog standard players can earn at least as much as we pay in numerous leagues around Europe, even the English third level has a number of clubs that can pay more than we do. 

Ok but that's been the case for about 15 years now. 

That is what it is, my concern is we've clearly not got anyone over the line yet. Club will be desperate to announce signings to get a buzz back, and some optimism. 

A few years ago we were an easy sell, now, not so much.